Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With how the aftermarket tuned the 2.7s I doubt it was just 15ft-lbs of torque that did it. I know guys that have thrown tunes on factory f-150s that go waaaaay beyond 15 lbs-ft
The problem is, you don't know how they got that extra 15ft/lbs from the engine. If it was nothing more than changing the tune slightly, sure, it has merit. But it wasn't JUST a change in tuning, several physical parts are different from the F-150's. Back when we switched to unleaded, engines changed in a very slight and immeasurable way with hardened valve seats. Without the lead to cushion the valves, they were failing, and hardened valve seats were the thing that resolved the issue. It was a very minor change, and comparing two sets of heads you wouldn't know the difference aside from a part #, but try and run them both on unleaded and you'll get wildly different results. A small change can make a huge difference, and we know there are small changes on the Bronco's engine...is it a metallurgical issue, a design incompatibility, quality control? We don't know. What we do know is that it's not possible to compare our engines to an F-150's engine, regardless of what kind of tuning F-150 owners have.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just disable it in forscan.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You forgot "your bronco is here but it has an airbag recall"
That’s probably even more frustrating I imagine! That and waiting on a chip.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok just got done reading this thread in its entirety. Went out to look under the hood at my coolant level and this is what I saw on a cold sitting coolant level. Just over 500 miles on her and again a 21211 engine number. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 2929B1D5-FCD0-4B54-BB5A-701E1AB89B51

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The problem is, you don't know how they got that extra 15ft/lbs from the engine. If it was nothing more than changing the tune slightly, sure, it has merit. But it wasn't JUST a change in tuning, several physical parts are different from the F-150's. Back when we switched to unleaded, engines changed in a very slight and immeasurable way with hardened valve seats. Without the lead to cushion the valves, they were failing, and hardened valve seats were the thing that resolved the issue. It was a very minor change, and comparing two sets of heads you wouldn't know the difference aside from a part #, but try and run them both on unleaded and you'll get wildly different results. A small change can make a huge difference, and we know there are small changes on the Bronco's engine...is it a metallurgical issue, a design incompatibility, quality control? We don't know. What we do know is that it's not possible to compare our engines to an F-150's engine, regardless of what kind of tuning F-150 owners have.
I guess I more or less meant, they would really have to change anything from the F150 engine to get the extra power. So whatever they did change, they might want to think about changing back and just running a bit more boost or a bit more timing with proper fuel command... but we don't even know what's wrong, and we'll likely never know.

Sponsored

aFordOwner

Raptor
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Definitely!!!!
It is clear... we already have their attention but it also clear we haven't had any new blowups in what 7 days? This cause of panic could be over.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We really need a counter!

xxx days without a 2.7 failure!
I'm not any good a PhotoShop but a sign like this? Except saying the 2.7L Bronco engine has run xxx days without a know failure?
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 1643229603853

Edit: I just realized that xxx Days is way too many days. Should it be x Days or xx Days?

Last edited:

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok just got done reading this thread in its entirety. Went out to look under the hood at my coolant level and this is what I saw on a cold sitting coolant level. Just over 500 miles on her and again a 21211 engine number. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 1643229603853
I called my service department and they said this is fairly common with new ford vehicles. Something about “air bubbles” in the coolant system.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My experience in the corporate world has been that financial results are even more important than when I joined the workforce in 1991.

Why?

Executive (CEO) pay has exploded since then and the packages are almost exclusively based on shareholder return. Shareholders are Wall Street types who care only about profit and profit right now. CSAT is glossed over in any executive meeting.

Disclosure: I'm long Ford.
Everyone knows all that matters in corporate America today is being woke. It's all about virtue signaling and covering their rear ends. Otherwise, the Twitter mob will come for them and their profits will (not) be destroyed.

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not any good a PhotoShop but a sign like this? Except saying the 2.7L Bronco engine has run xxx days without a know failure?
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] C613129C-E14E-4313-8C49-8A5345F452CC

Edit: I just realized that xxx Days is way too many days. Should it be x Days or xx Days?
one of my favorite gif's LOL
futurama-fry.gif

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because, it disabled ASS, which is not the way I would want to break a motor in... Auto Stop/Start is perhaps one of the worst things that I can imagine doing over an engine break-in.

Now, if there was a GOAT mode that would be likely to run richer (not that I believe it does), it would likely be sport mode - don't you think?
How do you get the bronco to stay in sport mode
mine keeps switching back to normal?

FreshKsig

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE Bronco, 22 BB Bronco, 21 Mustang Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Finally looked at my engine build date and it has the same date as one of the failed engines on this site. Currently sitting at 2150 miles and I’m scared I’ll be stranded every time I get in my bronco. Not ideal. How worried should I be that I share the same date as a failed engine on here?

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Finally looked at my engine build date and it has the same date as one of the failed engines on this site. Currently sitting at 2150 miles and I’m scared I’ll be stranded every time I get in my bronco. Not ideal. How worried should I be that I share the same date as a failed engine on here?
It’s a legit worry. I would just try to drive locally for a while and get some mileage on it.
Sponsored