Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Doesn’t care about topic enough to read entire thread, but cares enough to chime in uneducated comment that’s totally wrong. Classic 6G.
yeah I’m not about to sift through 200 pages of text. You’re spot on.
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah I’m not about to sift through 200 pages of text. You’re spot on.
Then just read page 1, the very first post.
Giving a view without any data or info is just nonsense. Giving a view after obtaining data and info is an opinion.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Remember people, not everyone on this forum has been here since the beginning, and not everyone on this forum has read every single thread.

So there's always going to be people that hop on and think, so 40 engines, So what? They've been putting this engine in f-150s for years.....

And then the cycle starts over. I know for us that our well-versed, it gets frustrating and we want to post comments like "use the search feature" or "Read all 200 pages", but in the end, save yourself and just don't respond.

Someone will reply to give them the quick summary and everyone's day will move on.

Side note... I must have missed where the 5K is no longer the Golden zone.... That really sucks! I guess one thing about not getting a vin yet and waiting 598 days since I told Ford I wanted a Bronco, is that I won't be getting an AA motor.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good Engines
- Besides the blown engines, also helpful if people post good engines - build-dates & mileage in threads like :
- Whose 2.7 running strong . .
- How Many Miles Your 2.7
- or this thread, and others

This way B6g gathering good info. Histogram below shows more than 175 good engines built early June thru late December. Helps see patterns to compare. For instance we see the Lima transition to the new valves mentioned Feb 21 - Update #2
- During these seven months there's only one production gap more than a week. We see two engines built 21228, and two on 21266. But no engines built in the 37-day gap between 228 and 266. That's a big production gap more than 5-weeks long, when the other gaps are only a week or less
Notes :
- Lima almost never builds em on weekends - so far only a couple of these were built on a Saturday - the others built on weekdays
- many of the gaps are just weekends that drag out more than two-days
Clear Gap
- many good engines were built in the so-called 'Clear Gap' Julian 183 thru 206 - so far so good in this 24-day period
Clear Day
- in 'Hot Zone 2' it seems we have a 'Clear Day' at 21211, w 10 good engines posted and zero failures
rev -AB
- the engine labels show -AB transition Nov/Dec

2.7L Good Engines - transitions.jpg

- and compare w the blown engines
Blown 2.7 ebds 2mo - hot & clear.png

Note: as the 'Hot Zone' ebd's accumulate, the two other blown engines 21133 & 21281 appear to be isolated random failures (outliers) as described earlier by @Razorbak86 see Bathtub Curve
You sir are a gentlemen and a scholar. Great work!

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would argue the logical fallacy here is you’re looking specifically at just the broncos as if these motors are specific to one vehicle and not the entire line of the 2.7 eco boost motor that is built ad a whole.
The 2.7L Nano EcoBoost engines in our Broncos have been sprinkled with magic dust to eek out more Horsepower and Torque. They are unique to the Bronco. Perhaps we need a new thread on what makes the Nano unique.

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The 2.7L Nano EcoBoost engines in our Broncos have been sprinkled with magic dust to eek out more Horsepower and Torque. They are unique to the Bronco. Perhaps we need a new thread on what makes the Nano unique.
where can I get magic dust? Columbia I assume

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oil pan design alone can increase horsepower. It has to do with windage. We know that the Bronco’s pan differs from the F150.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Oil pan design alone can increase horsepower. It has to do with windage. We know that the Bronco’s pan differs from the F150.
Oh yes, the variable capacity Bronco oil pan.
Sponsored