First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I absolutely took it as joking @Lucchese and also should go on the record as saying I never intend for my content to be malicious. I'm one of those guys that often turn to humor in the face of darkness.

Is it a little frustrating on how Ford is handling the 2.7 issues? IMO, absolutely but we also have to remember that the Ford presence on this forum is from their marketing team and is not the same person each every time. I do welcome their interaction on this forum but sometimes think it might be better suited if they stuck to congratulatory type post on people getting their bronco instead of trying to be involved in issues as they can't possibly respond to every person's thread with issues.

That all said I would like to report that I'm over 8,300 miles and my 2.7 is going strong! My nerves have certainly subsided though I do have a little anxiety on my upcoming road trip to Flagstaff in June. If I go through that trip without a hitch, I probably won't even twice about my motor possibly ka-booming.
What is your engine number (Julian Date)?
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is your engine number (Julian Date)?
a dreaded 209er.

based on the sequence numbers, one motor went 200 in front of mine and another went 14 after mine.

edit: thanks @JPye !

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
a dreaded 209er.

based on the sequence numbers, one motor went 200 in front of mine and another went 14 after mine.

edit: thanks @JPye !
I’m 21228 with 13.5k miles. My question is, do all Broncos in the hot zones have ticking time bombs? Or do some in the hot zones have good valves?

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m 21228 with 13.5k miles. My question is, do all Broncos in the hot zones have ticking time bombs? Or do some in the hot zones have good valves?
That is the one question I would love Ford to answer but I honestly think they might now know the extent to this issue. Hopefully they will at least come out with some sort of extended powertrain warranty on those that are in the effected zone

That is awesome you are at 13.5k though!

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If FoMoCo would share (confirm) the source of the failures, we might know the answer to this question. I can imagine a handful of valves that were not made to spec sneaking into a batch of good valves. Entropy takes over and their final linear distribution on the line may result in a cluster of no more than 4 bad engines in a day, with zero to two bad engines being produced per day until that bad batch worked out of the assembly line. @Lucchese failure charts supports this viewpoint.

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

. . over 8,300 miles and my 2.7 is going strong! My nerves have certainly subsided though I do have a little anxiety on my upcoming road trip to Flagstaff in June. If I go through that trip without a hitch, I probably won't even twice about my motor possibly ka-booming.
well here's to a great, trouble-free round-trip w no ka-boom
- I'd say your odds are at least 85% !
- :LOL::ROFLMAO::)

Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a 21214, motor died yesterday and left me stranded. Had just over 3K miles. Waiting on dealer for diagnosis.
Yours will be the 4th RUD on that Julian Build Date. :-(