Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Stop worrying, 21174 is a lucky day! Johnny, who is left-handed, was out sick that day so Lucy was filling in at the valve placement station and she is right handed, which is fortunate because the good valves were in Bin B to her right. Probably.
Sponsored

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW GTI, Subaru STI, Toyota Yaris HB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Stop worrying, 21174 is a lucky day! Johnny, who is left-handed, was out sick that day so Lucy was filling in at the valve placement station and she is right handed, which is fortunate because the good valves were in Bin B to her right. Probably.
Good enough for me!

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have a 342 engine build day. I surprised that they still had bad valves getting in the mix so late in the year. Please keep us posted on your engine replacement progress!
Oh noessss.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could be the replacement?
Sticker looks like factory engine, though, not the replacement long block.

I was wondering when the assumption of bad batch of valves and AB engine has the fix would fall apart...

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully it’s just one of the small percentage of motors that blow regardless of valve issues. Part of the normal failures of motors.

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a 21214, motor died yesterday and left me stranded. Had just over 3K miles. Waiting on dealer for diagnosis.
Another 214?! Crap!

I'm a 214 with over 8500 miles so far. My sequence number puts me 4 units behind one of the other 214ers, 39 units in front of another, 156 behind one more and now yours. It is crazy how it jumps around.

When you look at the sequence #'s on the list of failures on page 1 they really do jump around and don't go exactly by day. Am I missing something or interpreting the sequence numbers wrong? How can an engine built on 8/12 have an earlier sequence # than a 6/9 julian date build?

Anyhow, I keep using my Bronco as intended every weekend now that the weather has turned for the better. Miles and miles away from where any conventional tow truck would be able to help. I shudder to think about the cost and hassle to get the rig out of these locations should something go wrong. That said, I hope you all go enjoy your Broncos. They really are amazing and I can't overstate how capable they are and how easy it is to access all of the controls when it matters.

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This thread popped up this morning. Is this a sign they might have the issue pinpointed, or just an impromptu response by a newbie at Ford social media?

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] FORD REPLY
If there is a way for Ford to test the 2.7L engine and predict if it's likely to fail, Ford should be sending letters to every owner that has one to schedule an appointment. Isn't it more expensive to replace the engine and possibly the turbos than to try to fix the issue before it happens?

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there is a way for Ford to test the 2.7L engine and predict if it's likely to fail, Ford should be sending letters to every owner that has one to schedule an appointment. Isn't it more expensive to replace the engine and possibly the turbos than to try to fix the issue before it happens?
You would definitely think so. It also depends on what the actual cause is, and how their bean counters did the math on possibilities of potential bad motors still out there versus how many have gone up in smoke already. I think that's why they have previously avoided acknowledging it publicly, is because of the large amount of variables.
Sponsored