Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. Cold start up, during higher idle, also sounds like its spitting/sputtering misfiring and the rpms dont vary much. Once the rpms knock down it goes away.

I just figured its normal as my f150 3.5 has the cold rattle at cold start up but then again it doesnt make spit & sputter noises. Dealership has had my truck in 3-4 different times for the cold start rattle and it still does it. Think there is another TSB out on it.
Mine has a little misfire/knock on warmup as well, from completely cold. But not enough that I was worried about anything.
Sponsored

mmmeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just looked and my coolant is below the min level. I didn’t check it on delivery, but seems odd that they would give me less than the min.

9D77B2B3-5DA8-4840-B2ED-F3EC01184FBF.jpeg

If your engine is cold ??? it will be low. You have to warm it up to get the hot water which expands in order to see the fill level.

Some people fill it to the max line when cold and then the engine heats up it overflows the excess. Aways check when HOT. smile
this is false according to the owners manual

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...d=7704&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=usa

• Love
Reactions: Cat

DrBriGuy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Slosh1

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Check the air pressure in the tires. The tires are always way over inflated and makes for a terrible ride.
Don’t forget the photon chuckers, they always need more salt due to the magneto hydro dynamics…

Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I did a little research when I got some time today. Here's some of what I cyphered:

Complete cyl head assy: ML3Z-6049-K LH, ML3Z-6049-J RH. no need to compare w/F150, you can see from the prefix those are Bronco only

Ex valve: JT4Z-6505-A
Valve spring: FT4Z-6513-A
Keeper: FT4Z-6518-A
Lock: FT4Z-6514-A
Rocker: FT4Z-6564-C
Lifter: BR3Z-6500-A

Got all those #s from repair link, thats when it got interesting...no intake valve listed! So I called my local parts dept that I buy from regularly. The guy I got i know I've talked to before, and is knowledgeable. Gave him the last 8 and asked for intake valve part #. 1st he asked me "this isn't one of those 2.7s that blew up is it?" Which I asked him "have u guys seen any of these?" He said "WE haven't, but I've heard about it" anyhow, his system didn't show a part # for an intake valve either...just an engineering #. The engineering # doesn't lead anywhere, but if he crosses it manually it comes back as FT4Z-6507-A.

The only PN I had him cross over to F150 was the exhaust valve, and they are the same, so the $64k question? Are the failed 2.7 valves all intakes? Don't know we will ever get a clear answer to that, but it sounds like they used a different intake valve and there was a manufacturing issue...heat treat etc. The service PN may be on hold till they decide how to address the issue...revert to previous parts, or trust the new intake valve manufacturer to fix the issue.
What I get from this original Jan 6 post is that my Nov 15 build date likely has the intake valve in question since the part number has not been updated from FT4Z-6507-A. Hmm. I don't like these odds. Now packing a winter survival gear bag to keep in my Bronco.

Last edited:

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I did a little research when I got some time today. Here's some of what I cyphered:

Complete cyl head assy: ML3Z-6049-K LH, ML3Z-6049-J RH. no need to compare w/F150, you can see from the prefix those are Bronco only

Ex valve: JT4Z-6505-A
Valve spring: FT4Z-6513-A
Keeper: FT4Z-6518-A
Lock: FT4Z-6514-A
Rocker: FT4Z-6564-C
Lifter: BR3Z-6500-A

Brian,
Would you mind going through this exercise again and see if you get the missing intake number now that we have a -AB rev on the engines? thank you, George

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My
Engine was built nov 15 why don’t ford issue a recall so we can get our vehicles in instead of breaking down on the road and not only blowing the engine but destroying 2 turbos in the process. Seems it would be cheaper if they just issued the recall

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My engine runs great and bronco has been great how bout you

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No...typically -AA would be the 1st version. The 1st suffix digit is going to determine which engine it is...2.7 or 2.3. the 2nd suffix digit will typically change as changes are made. -AA gets superseded by -AB...possibly. I just checked repairlink and I'm not showing that change yet, but the 'fiche might. @flip If you get some time could you see if MB3E-6007-AA supersedes to -AB?
The service replacement is a MB3Z-6007-D and it's very rare they have any running completes available. Usually it's a long block plus individual components.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The service replacement is a MB3Z-6007-D and it's very rare they have any running completes available. Usually it's a long block plus individual components.
Do you think all the aa engines will be replaced bye a recall are all aa engines no good

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think all the aa engines will be replaced bye a recall are all aa engines no good
What he was referring to was the engineering number. I put that in and it gives me the service part assembly. As far as what's being replaced in others I've seen is the 6006 long block, not running completes. Have no idea what Ford would do IF a recall was issued but will depend on what the causal component is. If it's a head(s) I would suspect they would only replace head(s), long block at most and that's stretching it. Running completes, if ever available, would be too costly.
Sponsored