Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

21175 is the build date: 24-Jun-2021
Yes. Thanks. Figured that out. I've got over 5000 miles. Do you know if this is an "infant mortality" problem? That is, if it's going to fail it will fail with early miles? Any early warning signs or the valve just drops into the cylinder at some random point?
Sponsored

Belem

First Edition
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda MX-5/2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes. Thanks. Figured that out. I've got over 5000 miles. Do you know if this is an "infant mortality" problem? That is, if it's going to fail it will fail with early miles? Any early warning signs or the valve just drops into the cylinder at some random point?
So far, no one knows. We are all just guessing here. The theory is that 5000 is a good start to being in the clear, but, again, literally no one knows. I have 740 miles on a 21207 and I'm personally not going anywhere that a tow-truck can't get me until this gets a bit more sorted.

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So far, no one knows. We are all just guessing here. The theory is that 5000 is a good start to being in the clear, but, again, literally no one knows. I have 740 miles on a 21207 and I'm personally not going anywhere that a tow-truck can't get me until this gets a bit more sorted.
Thanks. I haven't gone anywhere really remote yet. Just checked my actual mileage. I'm at 5614, so we'll see. I'll just share how it's doing over time I guess. Fingers crossed.

Salicrupa

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is have to say that 24 people just on this forum does seem like a lot. That’s 24 people from this group:
- Bronco 6g member
- AND has their Bronco delivered already
- AND got the v6
- AND has enough miles on it for the problem to show up
- AND decided to post about it

I’d suspect that that’s a fairly small group of people in total, and 24 is not a negligible subset of that group.

EDIT: From 19 to 24 to keep up with the current number
If I had a Bronco and the engine blew I would certainly try to vent and post on forums, FB...any social media. I think this is not an endemic issue but a batch.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You want to see some people who want to bury any issues with the bronco so badly? Head over to BN. Holy cow- if we depended on them to get things in the open- the MIC 1.0 would still be shipping. They just don’t want to hear any evidence of any issues. Unicorns and rainbows over there!
Which is exactly why I spend no time on BN: Kumbaya land for the pretenders ...

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which is exactly why I spend no time on BN: Kumbaya land for the pretenders ...
I find it funny that they talk of how negative and toxic this forum can be (and it can be at times- like any forum) but they react the same way if you present anything that’s not 100% ford worship and positive. If it was up to them we’d still be receiving MIC 1.0’s,

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You want to see some people who want to bury any issues with the bronco so badly? Head over to BN. Holy cow- if we depended on them to get things in the open- MIC 1.0 would still be shipping. They just don’t want to hear any evidence of any issues. Unicorns and rainbows over there!
Man, don't you know it - back in Nov I posted couple times over there about 2.7 failures, and it was like a gaggle of winged-monkeys descended on me
Hey just for reference, the official BN mantra: 'Rainbows, Unicorns and Lollipops'

. . . was just checking this post and noticed that my engine, 21175, is listed here. It did not drop a valve. Typo?
Man, wish I had a dollar for every time this question . . . ;)

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A21216 is what's on my engine. Got 556 miles on so far and it drives great. Now I'm scared for the 1500-2000 mile phase.

aFordOwner

Raptor
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A21216 is what's on my engine. Got 556 miles on so far and it drives great. Now I'm scared for the 1500-2000 mile phase.
I sure hope all the “Lucky” peeps who got theirs before me get all the glitches cleared up before I get mine. 😳

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I find it funny that they talk of how negative and toxic this forum can be (and it can be at times- like any forum) but they react the same way if you present anything that’s not 100% ford worship and positive. If it was up to them we’d still be receiving MIC 1.0’s,
Yeah - there is a happy medium - but I would prefer to be my own filter for the speculation and hyperbole on here, versus squelched vanilla information there. And we’re more likely to find aftermarket and DIY creative solutions.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I had a Bronco and the engine blew I would certainly try to vent and post on forums, FB...any social media. I think this is not an endemic issue but a batch.
The dates for the bad batch span 3-4 months at this point. Does MAP keep the same box of valves for that long?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here I thought I was in the clear with right at 4500 miles in and no hints of issue.
Just out of curiosity I went out the check my build code.
right on the tail end of the suspect ones.
So now wondering when it will be deemed enough proven mileage to say I’m “in the clear”…
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 1853276C-8821-40B6-924E-4F4131C6BEC7

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I've been waiting my for my 2.7 Bronco build for awhile, like alot of others. Last week, I considered placing a 2nd order at a different, smaller dealer in order to potentially have 2 pots on the stove. That dealer started to submit an order for me, but was not allowed to select the 2.7 engine. And he mentioned that Ford was unable to tell him when 2.7L engines would be orderable again. Has anyone been able to place an order for a 2.7l in the past week?

This absolutely could be a typical "my dealer said" thing, but....I figure I'll throw it out there.
Sponsored