Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m a fellow 196’er. 4200 miles and all smiles. When she blows y’all will be the first to know. For now I’ll continue to drive the piss out of it. I also like my hardtop and the navy pier is way more pleasing than these forums would suggest. It’s also way less boring than black ford leather. gappers unite! Long last the gap. It’s our gapper duty to try to blow these things up. Fellow gappers chime in. First gapper that blows get a blowy by my ex…on the house. I’ll buy her dinner later

My JD is 21196 and I’m happily(so far) in the biggest gap.
[/QUOTE]

21196 just hit 8000 miles. Drive it like I stole it.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reactions: jon

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a bit different. They diagnosed the issue and could bracket the effected vehicles and inform the owners. Ford has done none of that. Also the fix for that took only a couple of hours of downtime without my truck.
See Toyota doesn’t know how to handle these situations. They should have said nothing and just let it happen until the motors blew- then replaced the motors. Then in their plant newsletter they could say they fixed a problem and give out awards!

Sponsored

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah the 'clear gap' is still a mystery . . engine build-dates 183 thru 206, still 24-days presently. Hard to know what it means. We know Lima wasn't shut-down. As @1975U15 and others here mention their JD's in the gap. And we've seen at least a dozen or two of these gap JD's posted around various threads. So Lima was running for sure. Why is there a gap in the blown engine JD's ? As you mentioned couple days ago, could be they had two different batches of bad valves which got to production separately.

Gappers Unite (@Ryno ) - owners w JD's 183 thru 206 - aka 'clear gap' ebd's
. . lolol . . like this idea, for gappers to post their JD's and mileage someplace - maybe in 2.7L Good Engines thread which @VictoryLights setup - there was a histogram there also
Good Morning My Friend,
The Gap continues to narrow and I'm going to keep poking at you ," just for fun" as I still believe that all valves built are suspect and not batches. grin.

If you must have a batch, maybe there is one batch that was a little better. smile

Appreciate all you efforts.
George

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah the 'clear gap' is still a mystery . . engine build-dates 183 thru 206, still 24-days presently. Hard to know what it means. We know Lima wasn't shut-down. As @1975U15 and others here mention their JD's in the gap. And we've seen at least a dozen or two of these gap JD's posted around various threads. So Lima was running for sure. Why is there a gap in the blown engine JD's ? As you mentioned couple days ago, could be they had two different batches of bad valves which got to production separately.

Gappers Unite (@Ryno ) - owners w JD's 183 thru 206 - aka 'clear gap' ebd's
. . lolol . . like this idea, for gappers to post their JD's and mileage someplace - maybe in 2.7L Good Engines thread which @VictoryLights setup - there was a histogram there also
Looking at our data in the other thread there were definitely engines being built within that gap. @Cbiggs is a 195 with > 10k miles.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This thread and me checking if 21211 still hasn't hit a whammy...
big-money.gif
21211 still holding strong here but I’m still under 700 miles.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First oil Change Today at 3100 miles😎
I have to do my oil change this weekend (7500 miles). I shouldn't drive so much, but I want this thing to either die or not die before I go to Moab next October.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya, but that's only because most people who ordered the 2.3 haven't learned how to read or write yet.
It’s okay, us 2.3’s will still give y’all a ride if your 2.7 can’t make it home

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hoping I’m actually on the outside of this range…

Sincerely,
(4,114 mi)
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 20709C82-5E27-4D24-A5D3-50D1CA0996BB

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good Morning My Friend,
The Gap continues to narrow and I'm going to keep poking at you ," just for fun" as I still believe that all valves built are suspect and not batches. grin.

If you must have a batch, maybe there is one batch that was a little better. smile

Appreciate all you efforts.
George
Hmm, I am curious what leads you to believe that all valves are bad after LEP newsletter stated Nano Valve issues were resolved. But of course you could be right, I just don't see how. If the valve failures were all exhaust valve failures I might believe you due to something Ford Engineers did to eek out more Horsepower and Torque on the Bronco Nanos. But I am pretty sure I read at least one failed valve was an intake valve.
Sponsored

Last edited: