Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love doing that too, but are you shifting your auto into Neutral while driving through it?

There are far more "nannies" in modern vehicles from simple electronics to hundreds or thousands of lines of code that ruin our fun.

If that exhaust is not working for you, then I could only suggest Ford Performance tune or something.

...of course, trading in for a manual transmission will let you control the revs. ;)
No the exhaust sounds awesome. When I just get on it it’s just when you put it in neutral it has some kind of protective crap, of course to keep you from over winding it.
I swear I’m about tired of the government babysitting everything we do!!!!

The most favorite thing I like to do is set off all the alarms in the parking garages!!
I can’t even do that anymore with my Bronco!
bastards!!!
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No the exhaust sounds awesome. When I just get on it it’s just when you put it in neutral it has some kind of protective crap, of course to keep you from over winding it.
I swear I’m about tired of the government babysitting everything we do!!!!

The most favorite thing I like to do is set off all the alarms in the parking garages!!
I can’t even do that anymore with my Bronco!
bastards!!!
I used to have an HD Softail with these pipes that exited just behind the passenger pegs... it was ridiculously loud. I miss it and yet I don't, haha.

Ford Bronco 2.7L Ecoboost Engine Review by Heavy Duty Mechanic 1000005647

Last edited:

Jeffal

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

…And oh, by the way, if you break these engines in gently and change the oil early and often they run for hundreds of thousands of trouble free miles. We’ve had them for years and have never had to touch one of them for any reason.
Are you talking 5k oil change intervals? Just wondering cause that’s what I’ve been doing on my 2.7 so far.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited REB
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Was a very good video. He spoke about things that I did not know about the 2.7.

I do know with the mods I have, my 2.7 has definitely woken up and performs very well.
Does the ECU Mod VOID Warranty ? Or is it external on ODBII Connector?

Sponsored

One more upgrade

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe Mogush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tesla Plaid X 22 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you talking 5k oil change intervals? Just wondering cause that’s what I’ve been doing on my 2.7 so far.
I have the oil in my 2.7 changed every 5K. Every twin turbo vehicle I have ever owned, I have always stuck to the 5K interval.

I do live in Arizona, which has several very hot months. I off-road my Bronco year-round and would rather be safe than sorry. I also run an oil cooler on my Bronco; it reduces oil temps and holds a little over a quart more oil.

sandwitch.jpg

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I skipped through it quick but doubt he mentioned the 2.7 has a wet belt driven variable oil pump that’ll cause sudden catastrophic failure right after warranty is up. Might be easy to change when replacing the clacking phasers and timing chains though
So other than that you’re saying the 2.7L has a chance to be great!

Sponsored

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its not a race car. Look up the amount of energy in regular gasoline vs alcohol
it does not matter if it’s not a race car you’re missing the point I know 100% that there’s more energy in non ethanol hence the lower mpg and burning more of it but it runs a lot cooler and fights detonation a lot better look I’m not going to argue about something that to me and most people that are gear heads know to be 100% fact. You take 2 identical vehicles one on straight gas and one tuned for and running e85 the e85 vehicle will have a substantial hp advantage period

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Its not a race car. Look up the amount of energy in regular gasoline vs alcohol
E85 will produce more power but less MPG than gasoline. My 2010 F-150 FFV gained 10HP and 25TQ by running E85, but economy dropped by 3-5MPG in the process.

I cannot find my owners manual, but I am positive it stated exactly that in it and it was very noticeable especially when towing.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the ECU Mod VOID Warranty ? Or is it external on ODBII Connector?
I have the Ford performance tune, so I am good. As for my mods, I and my dealer have a well-understood relationship.

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon unlimited tricked out
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2.7L is one of the primary reasons I bailed on a heavily modded 2019 Wrangler Rubicon. I have been very impressed with its power and economy.

The 3.6L was a complete dog at altitude despite regearing to 5.13 whereas the 2.7L laughs at it.

I think good maintenance aka moderate length oil change intervals with a stout xW-30 oil is key to longevity, but otherwise...rock and roll.
You're right about that. I had a modified Rubicon on 35's with the 3.6 Pentastar for 7 years, including the 3 years I waited for my Badlands SAS 2.7 to show up. I re-geared to 4.88's years ago. I was going to keep the Jeep because it was setup exactly how I wanted it. After the Bronco finally arrived the Jeep just sat in the driveway attracting mice and collecting dust. I just didn't want to drive it anymore. The 2.7 is better in every way, and especially at altitude where I'm often wheeling, not to mention far better road handling manners. I finally sold the Rubicon and I haven't missed it a bit.
Sponsored