First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 SCREW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One thing to note is I can’t put the back seat down all the way behind my driver’s seat. That said I do plan to remove both back seats soon but I haven’t had the time yet.
That's ok for me. I'm single with no kids so I could use the extra room. Thank You for that info, specially someone around our size that may need the backseat.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm only 5'10" but found the 4-door way to cramped for a daily driver.

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been eyeing a Bronco now for a month a half. I was able to sit in a 2 door a couple of weeks ago and a 4 door today at lunch. Being 6'5 and disproportionate long torso , there is no way I could comfortably fit in a 4 door as with the seat all the way back my shoulder hits the B pillar and my knee hits the little plastic nub that sticks out towards the bottom of the climate cluster.

I sat in the 2 door and it felt good but wanted to see how people who were around my height felt owning it and how comfortable they were in theirs. I just don't want to order one and then regret it because i'm not comfortable.

Thanks. (Also, mods if this isn't the right place I apologize; still finding my way around the forum).
I’m 6’5”, 250. I have not received my Bronco yet, but I did spend over 9 hours in a 2 door with MGV at the off rodeo in NH. Super comfortable all day. Plenty of additional hat room if needed. Getting a manual… plenty of legroom for clutching as well.

Note the two door is in some ways better for a taller driver as the doors are longer. This adds shoulder room for big guys, and with a two door you don’t have the B pillar in your face when you swivel your head to the left for traffic or trail.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m 6’2”, have driven both, and own a two door. The four door definitely felt more cramped to me. So that plus liking the look of the classic two door style better it was a pretty easy decision for me.

One thing I might suggest is the Desertdoesit seat jackers. It lifts the front of the seat up a bit making it a way more comfortable position for driving. I’ve yet to drive long distance with it but I know I’m taking a few long trips this summer so I’m anxious to see how I feel after. Typically I get leg fatigue driving long distances so hopefully they’ll Make a difference. I have heard great things about them and so far I feel the difference with even the short distance driving I’ve done.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Either Bronco is nice and roomy for me. I'm almost 5'7". I know I don't belong in this thread but I always look up to guys like you. I jump in because I'm not Bashful. Not Happy either :)
Kind of stayed out of it too, 6'1, but now that you mention it I am not Dopey, but am occasionally Grumpy. When I am Drunky, I become Sleepy...

Sponsored
OP
OP
GemStateTransplant

GemStateTransplant

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 SCREW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m 6’5”, 250. I have not received my Bronco yet, but I did spend over 9 hours in a 2 door with MGV at the off rodeo in NH. Super comfortable all day. Plenty of additional hat room if needed. Getting a manual… plenty of legroom for clutching as well.

Note the two door is in some ways better for a taller driver as the doors are longer. This adds shoulder room for big guys, and with a two door you don’t have the B pillar in your face when you swivel your head to the left for traffic or trail.
I think the 2 door is the way to go for me. I really wanted the 4 door for the extra room but I don't want to buy it and regret it

Reactions: gwp

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm a midget compared to some of the guys on this thread at 6' but I find my 2dr very comfortable.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm 6'5". 300 lbs and pretty wide shoulders...I fit in the 4 dr just fine /shrug. I have the LUX pkg, so I'm able to adjust seat height as well as distance etc. /shrug

fwiw people used to say I was built like a linebacker or a tight end with how big/broad I am. I moved from a Tundra Limited to the Bronco, and yes it's smaller, but I don't feel cramped. Longest time I've been in it was about 4-4.5 hours so far.

OP
OP
GemStateTransplant

GemStateTransplant

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 SCREW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm 6'5". 300 lbs and pretty wide shoulders...I fit in the 4 dr just fine /shrug. I have the LUX pkg, so I'm able to adjust seat height as well as distance etc. /shrug

fwiw people used to say I was built like a linebacker or a tight end with how big/broad I am. I moved from a Tundra Limited to the Bronco, and yes it's smaller, but I don't feel cramped. Longest time I've been in it was about 4-4.5 hours so far.
Is your seat all the way back? Reason I ask is, the B pillar had me pretty tight in there and my knee/leg was hitting the plastic that sticks out by the climate control area. Attached picture for reference. I'm wondering if the seat wasn't all the way back because I know it was at it's lowest setting.

Ford Bronco 2 Door for Taller Driver climate control bronco

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can take a seated pic when I get in later.

Sponsored

Smashquatch

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Fusion 15 Patriot 03 Cooper S 85 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

6’4, 300+ I fit more comfortably in my wife’s Sport than in a 4 door. 2 dr FTW.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As a driver, it depends on how YOU drive. Not being flip. I'm 6'3" my son is the same size. Every time I get in my F150 after he's driven it, I have to move the seat back. Everyone drives differently. Find one to test drive. That's why we didn't order until 12/21 - my wife and I both wanted to drive it.

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am 6'5" with broad shoulders and have 7000+ miles on my 4-door soft top.

My .06 cents (increase due to crazy inflation):
  • Seat position is all the way back and fairly straight up, I think this helps with B pillar not being a fit issue for me
  • Head room no issues at all, but the top of the windshield and rear view mirror seem to be a little blind spot
  • Width of seating is tighter than previous vehicle, Flex, but not enough to complain
  • Leg room is actually better than Flex
  • I have High package so I utilize the blind spot a lot, but when I do need to look, with my seating position I do need to lean a little forward
I have driven the Bronco to and from Florida and will say it is very comfy and had zero issues from a comfort stand point.

I love the 4 door mainly for our 4 legged kids, but it is also great when carrying 2 other humans.

My only issue is because I am 6'5", when someone has to site behind me, I move the seat up a little, which cramps the right leg a little and if I am not careful, I can hit the manual shift buttons on the side of the shifter unknowingly. This shifts transmission to manual and actually, not an easy way (that I have found) to on the fly switch back to auto without having to shift back into P then D.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 6'5 295lbs and have a 4 door. I have 9100 miles on it and have done multiple 10hr days in it. My knee would hit in the same spot on the center console but I just move the seat back just a little bit and it doesn't hit. The B-pillar is my only gripe because I basically sit next to it instead of in front of it.

Also, I installed the Desert Does it Seat jackers and it allows me to scoot my seat back forward a tad without my knee hitting the center console.

I'm going to Colorado in July and have zero worries about the trip. (1,600 miles from my house)

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is your seat all the way back? Reason I ask is, the B pillar had me pretty tight in there and my knee/leg was hitting the plastic that sticks out by the climate control area. Attached picture for reference. I'm wondering if the seat wasn't all the way back because I know it was at it's lowest setting.

Ford Bronco 2 Door for Taller Driver climate control bronco
So these pics are me seated with my foot pressing down on the brake. I have 4-5 inches between my knee and the control panel

26A8532B-F6C4-4911-B3B7-92D10E3B098D.jpeg

9B262E05-F9D4-48E3-A2CB-D6EE375C8755.jpeg

7D1F5FFE-B99E-41F4-878E-3BB254A52268.jpeg
Sponsored