First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender 90, RRC TDi, 200 series
Your Bronco Model
Base
are there any pictures of how the 2 door seats fold? or how they are removed?
hoping there is a good amount of space with them folded and that they come out relatively simply.

thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
@lowmpg thank you most helpful.. The other not so much.. yeah I already scrolled through a bunch of threads before I posted.

The Video helped out and gave me some views of how it folds and some ideas of the size of the cargo area.. the seats do not fold flat contrary to what has been said looks like a 6" rise from the stock rear floor to the "Flat folded" seats. Fridge packaging is going to be interesting unless the seats can come out easily.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@lowmpg thank you most helpful.. The other not so much.. yeah I already scrolled through a bunch of threads before I posted.

The Video helped out and gave me some views of how it folds and some ideas of the size of the cargo area.. the seats do not fold flat contrary to what has been said looks like a 6" rise from the stock rear floor to the "Flat folded" seats. Fridge packaging is going to be interesting unless the seats can come out easily.
No problem. Sometimes search is helpful but when there are a bunch of threads on similar topics, not so much.

There is a post either on this forum or Bronco Nation that speaks to the 'degrees' of angle with the seats down. Might want to look around for that.

Good vid here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...or-bronco-from-bronco-super-celebration.5020/

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just because they aren’t level with the cargo floor, doesn’t mean they aren’t flat

Sponsored

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

9:47 in

No for the removed entirely part.
Brad Lovell? This guy is great. I love this video and his excitement. I think he convinced me I need the sway bar disco for my Starbucks runs. :)

I'm still not sure why you wouldn't want to the rock rail attached to the frame, but he seams confident with it.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, my Jeep Wrangler back seats aren’t officially removable... but really it’s just a handful of 10mm bolts.

I suspect this will be a similar situation. Not designed to be removed and returned easily, but entirely removable if you want to leave them out for extended periods.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nothing like beating a dead horse, but Goose Gear is going to get a lot of business once Broncos start showing up at the dealers. I hope to have my delete before taking delivery of the Bronco. Will be the first thing I do once I get home.

YEGDriver

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the seats do not fold flat contrary to what has been said looks like a 6" rise from the stock rear floor to the "Flat folded" seats. Fridge packaging is going to be interesting unless the seats can come out easily.
The latest information I've seen is that the rear seats are not designed to be removed. That being said, I strongly suspect that a fair number of people will be breaking out the wrenches to remove them one way or the other. Hopefully the aftermarket will provide something to insert in there to give us an actual level surface.

Sponsored
OP
OP

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
What I am hoping for now is that they are just a bunch of bolts to pull out with captured nuts. Something that takes 10 minutes or so Is perfectly fine. Ideally, they would have folded to create a flat load space without resorting to a short drawer or spacer deck. I have to do this to remove the rear tumble seat in my 90 before heading out for the weekend, that literally takes minutes though.
to me its all about useable load space.

combatninja

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ND Miata, Land Rover Defender 110, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Knowing Ford's level of mental retardation, the seat will be held in by nuts on threaded posts that stick up out of the floor and can't be removed.

OP
OP

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great.... Ugh you are probably right and soft metal so they will strip easily as well.

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Brad Lovell? This guy is great. I love this video and his excitement. I think he convinced me I need the sway bar disco for my Starbucks runs. :)

I'm still not sure why you wouldn't want to the rock rail attached to the frame, but he seams confident with it.
The problem with having the rails mounted to the frame is that the body is mounted to the frame on rubber isolator's. So there is a possibility that as the body flex's on the frame it will contact the rock rail causing similar damage to not having the rock rails on at all.
Sponsored