Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just noticed something interesting: " The four-door Bronco is 189.4 inches long, 72.9 inches high, and has a wheelbase of 116.1 inches. On the other hand, the two-door Bronco measures 173.7 inches in length, 71.9 inches in height".

The 2 door base bronco is an inch shorter than the 4 door base hardtop, what's causing the difference? I thought they had the same suspension. My (complete) guess is maybe something to do with the OEM rake - 4 door is longer so the rear is up higher? Thing is, comparing the big bend sizes, they're the same height.

Just thought it was interesting and haven't seen it discussed.
Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To the top of the roof or rails?

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Haven't yet tried to squeeze mine into the garage yet. May have to remove the rails for the summer.

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's the detailed spec sheet.
Correct, confirms that the base is the only trim where the 4 door is a full inch taller than the 2 door.

Ford Bronco 2 door shorter than 4 door? 1680548605069

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two-door measurement is with the hardtop, four-door base is with the soft top.
Other than Ford just having the numbers wrong on the website, 2-doors having hardtop only seems like a plausible explanation.

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Other than Ford just having the numbers wrong on the website, 2-doors having hardtop only seems like a plausible explanation.
Two-door measurement is with the hardtop, four-door base is with the soft top.
I thought so too, but they have different numbers for the soft top and hard top (only a 0.1" difference). Here's another image on it, the 4 door base is the same size as the 4 door big bend, but the 2 door base is an inch shorter than the 4 door big bend.

It's possible Ford is forgetting the 4 door also comes with 30" tires and is overrepresenting the height, which may explain why the 2 door base is shorter than the big bend, but I doubt they'd over look something so obvious.

Ford Bronco 2 door shorter than 4 door? 1680554557198

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haven't yet tried to squeeze mine into the garage yet. May have to remove the rails for the summer.
Mine fits the garage with the rails. You should be able to

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought so too, but they have different numbers for the soft top and hard top (only a 0.1" difference). Here's another image on it, the 4 door base is the same size as the 4 door big bend, but the 2 door base is an inch shorter than the 4 door big bend.

It's possible Ford is forgetting the 4 door also comes with 30" tires and is overrepresenting the height, which may explain why the 2 door base is shorter than the big bend, but I doubt they'd over look something so obvious.

1680554557198.png
I may be mistaken but I believe the base tires are 1 inch smaller in diameter than the big bend tires. If a four-door soft top equipped vehicle is 1.1 inches taller than a two or four-door hardtop, according to the chart, subtracting an inch for the tire difference between base and big bend trims you’re left with a delta of .1. This makes me believe the highest point/support bows of the soft top results in it being 1.1 inches higher than the hardtop overall.

Sponsored

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I may be mistaken but I believe the base tires are 1 inch smaller in diameter than the big bend tires. If a four-door soft top equipped vehicle is 1.1 inches taller than a two or four-door hardtop, according to the chart, subtracting an inch for the tire difference between base and big bend trims you’re left with a delta of .1. This makes me believe the highest point/support bows of the soft top results in it being 1.1 inches higher than the hardtop overall.
The big bend tires are two inches bigger but you only get the height benefit on the bottom. So 2 inch taller tire would net you 1 inch taller vehicle.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just noticed something interesting: " The four-door Bronco is 189.4 inches long, 72.9 inches high, and has a wheelbase of 116.1 inches. On the other hand, the two-door Bronco measures 173.7 inches in length, 71.9 inches in height".

The 2 door base bronco is an inch shorter than the 4 door base hardtop, what's causing the difference? I thought they had the same suspension. My (complete) guess is maybe something to do with the OEM rake - 4 door is longer so the rear is up higher? Thing is, comparing the big bend sizes, they're the same height.

Just thought it was interesting and haven't seen it discussed.
It may be that the 'standard' 4-door is the soft top vs. MIC on the 2-door.

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It may be that the 'standard' 4-door is the soft top vs. MIC on the 2-door.
The 72.9" I quoted is actually the hardtop height, the soft top is listed as an even 73".
Sponsored