First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi @KatieB75 I am going two door! I would love the space of a 4 door but I choose two doors because of the retro look to it. It most resembles the 66 Bronco. I don’t have small kids, I do have 2 small dogs and a husband. I also rarely have others in the car. I will make due with less space. Back in 2006 I had a 4 door Wrangler when it first came out. The space was awesome but I just absolutely love the look of the two door. That is my reason! Good luck ??.
I kinda laughed that you mentioned you had 2 small dogs before a husband lol. Who rides in the back seat?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going 2 Door. Just me, wife and two 35-40lb Border Collies. Bronco is a 4th vehicle. Would be a beach surf fishing rig for me and I will be alone 95% of the time? Or with a dog or two and the wife would hit the beach with me on sunny summer weekends only. We usually take her car when we go places.

2 door is designed based off early Bronco

2 door is lighter which will be better with Mansquatch 2.3 Ecoboost

2 door is cheaper !!

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I kinda laughed that you mentioned you had 2 small dogs before a husband lol. Who rides in the back seat?
Depends on who’s better behaved that say! Lol ?

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife surprised me when she picked the 2 door over the crew cab. I thought for sure she would pick the crew cab (which I thought would be more practical) but she works from home now and uses a vehicle only on weekends. I am retired and she will be in a couple years.
The pluses:
Easier to park
Don't have to haul people around (now I can have a couple beers when a group of us go out as I don't have to drive):p
Fit in the garage better
Our camping days are done, we like a good shower and a nice bed when we travel.
She said the crew cab doesn't look like my 74'

She sold me, 2 door it is!(y)

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just changed my mind to go 2 door! I was rock solid on a 4 door for the last 4 months.
Not about the money. I think the 4 door is a good value for the extra $. Their is a lot to consider and the fact that the 2 door can't carry as many people or gear is the only issue for me. The 2 door does reflect the original 66 more correctly which is the appeal of buying a classic retro style truck. Passengers in the back seat will get a kick out of the shorter wheel base seating. The entire new Bronco experience will be more original in the 2 door. The appeal of the new Bronco is about the experience, to me. If you absolutely need the space having the 4 door Bronco is pretty great. I love the look of the 4 door with doors & top off.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have a 2 door think it’s a rougher ride or less stable?

I’ve only had 4 door cars/suvs.
Whether there are 2 doors or 4 doesn't really matter as far as ride goes, but in this particular case, the 2 door has a lot shorter of a wheelbase. I drive a 2-door, regular cab pickup and a 4-door hatchback Fiesta. Needless to say, the truck is a lot longer - 126" wheelbase, vs 98". A short wheelbase will 1) pitch in a more pronounced way over surface irregularities and 2) change direction faster.

The pitching may possibly seem harsh, but how objectionable it is depends on the suspension tuning, tires, etc. So, even if the short wheelbase will pitch more, that doesn't mean its actually problematic. Having driven a 1LE package Camaro around downtown Detroit, I know how bad a harsh suspension can be there. I think that the Bronco will be a lot more forgiving just based on its nature. Especially if you get a Sasquatch, with its cushier tires and fancy shocks. Ford found the same thing when they introduced the F150 Raptor originally, a lot of buyers liked them because the off-road suspension rode better on road.

The second point is more of a stability vs maneuverability issue. Shorter wheelbases will be more likely to snap around or require more effort to keep traveling straight. Long wheelbases are more inherently stable. That's not to say that either will actually be unstable, per se, but the physics will be different. And it doesn't mean it will actually be unstable - I'm sure Ford will do their homework there. OTOH, shorter wheelbases are easier to maneuver, park, etc. It will also fit into places the longer one won't, though how significant that is would be another matter.

Personally, I never considered a 4-door. For a lot of same reasons others have mentioned, the 2-door is more in line with what a Bronco is supposed to be in my mind. My backseats are typically folded down because I don't need them for people, and I'm used a 2-door truck, so that's all there is to it. The 4-door just doesn't look right to me, though they get better with bigger tires. I agree with the comment about them looking like a Bronco limo.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We have a family of four and I'm still getting a 2-Door, not because I'm selfish lol, but because it will still seat four. With that said, why not save the money. We still have my wife's Edge Titanium which is our main grocery getter. I drop off the kids everyday to the sitter and they are both in rear facing seats, and guess what, still going 2-Door. If it was just me alone, I would still be getting a 2-Door. Obviously, if you have more than a spouse and two children, then you're either shopping for the wrong vehicle or you have to go 4-Door unless you have other vehicles with more space. To be honest, I think we have just grown accustomed to having "more" even though we do not necessarily "need" more. My family is frugal so if we can make it with less and can still have a good time, why not spend less and have more for something else. I've seen a ton of families on YouTube with 2-Door overlanding Jeep rigs, and they seem to have a wonderful time doing so. From a business perspective, you just need to do a cost/benefit analysis and choose what you think you need/want. Sorry for the long response but I'm just trying to cover all the bases. Good luck on your decision.

P.S.

I don't buy vehicles for myself considering people outside of my household who "might" ride along with me. If you don't want to crawl in the back because you chose to be the third wheel, then drive your own ride lol.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have a family of four and I'm still getting a 2-Door, not because I'm selfish lol, but because it will still seat four. With that said, why not save the money. We still have my wife's Edge Titanium which is our main grocery getter. I drop off the kids everyday to the sitter and they are both in rear facing seats, and guess what, still going 2-Door. If it was just me alone, I would still be getting a 2-Door. Obviously, if you have more than a spouse and two children, then you're either shopping for the wrong vehicle or you have to go 4-Door unless you have other vehicles with more space. To be honest, I think we have just grown accustomed to having "more" even though we do not necessarily "need" more. My family is frugal so if we can make it with less and can still have a good time, why not spend less and have more for something else. I've seen a ton of families on YouTube with 2-Door overlanding Jeep rigs, and they seem to have a wonderful time doing so. From a business perspective, you just need to do a cost/benefit analysis and choose what you think you need/want. Sorry for the long response but I'm just trying to cover all the bases. Good luck on your decision.

P.S.

I don't buy vehicles for myself considering people outside of my household who "might" ride along with me. If you don't want to crawl in the back because you chose to be the third wheel, then drive your own ride lol.
This! I buy vehicles for my comfort not yours. Not being rude of selfish but I'm also not spending an extra $2K so you can be comfortable. lol

OP
OP
KatieB75

KatieB75

Badlands
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So many things to consider! Anyone know the difference in gas tank?

OP
OP
KatieB75

KatieB75

Badlands
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

we haven’t heard an MPG yet have we?
Nope, assume it is similar to my F150 2.7 10Sp and My sons 2.3 10Sp 20 combined and 22 combined respectively. Likely the same auto or manual these days on the 2.3.
Sponsored