First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
17.8 over first 650 miles, mix of hwy/city in normal mode with premium 91. Could get better if I could stay out of boost, but that’s not happening!
My thoughts exactly. I could get better MPG but I didn’t get the extra hp and torque of the 2.7L to not use it.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve been reading all about gas mileage and I feel like I’m doing something wrong. 1000 miles in, sas, and I haven’t moved from 14.1. No highway driving at all, only city. I’m in Miami, so we naturally drive more aggressive, but I don’t feel I’m driving overly aggressive than I did in my previous vehicle. I’m not crying about it, I knew what I was getting into, I’m just surprised so many are getting OP’s numbers. I’ve driven in eco, normal, and sport fueled up with regular and premium, and I haven’t seen a lick of a difference.
Your completely normal. Im over 4,000 miles and just climbed back into the 15's lifetime average, had been in the high 14s a while. I will never drive like the little old lady it would take to get anywhere close to 20 lmao.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m at over 19 lifetime (over 7500 miles) on my 4-door FE. Split between SLC and Seattle areas

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm coming to the conclusion that our speed on the highway has a huge impact on mpg's. I'm averaging 16.1 in my 2.7l sas badlands, but I'm driving about 80-85 on the highway. I need to test it out driving slower.
Haha it 100% has a huge impact. Hell, my '17 Tacoma with it's 31" all terrain tires drops off around 2 mpgs just from 60 to 70. My grandpa always said if you drive a truck keep the rpms as close to 2000 as possible and 60 mph on the freeway and your wallet will thank you. Do I usually do it? no. Has it held true in my experience? Yes.

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i dont know how you guys are getting close to 20mpg in badlands

i am getting 15 constant. if im on the highway it will go up of course. But its always hovering in the high 14's driving around town

Sponsored

Hans

Outer Banks
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One guy posted shift one gear on flat highways 20 ish as well

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm getting 16.1 in a Base model w 2.3, auto trans, 3.73 rear end, plus 33s on 17x8s. I believe the tires and rear end gearing are affecting my mileage. Duh (seems logical). I run in eco mode always and I don't drive aggressively because why beat on my truck. That's dumb.

I though I'd get 20 mpg, but that's me being unrealistic.

2 door, so small tank blows, but I love my Bronco regardless.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I d guess 95% of the folks using the calculated mpg are actually getting 3/4-1 mpg less if actual calc done. My SuperDuty runs .6-.8 less mpg when actually calculating; also, I drive very conservatively and still can’t get the computer calc d numbers.

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have a 2.3MAN Badlands non-sas, getting 18.5 (all local, no highway)
Sponsored