SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cool the switches are behind relays and have various amp ratings. Ford should have just put pull strings in for the circuit locations, thus allowing you to pull as many wires as needed to the location. Bean counter at Ford missed that savings in copper costs.
Sponsored

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmmm. Wondering now if I can hookup Starlink and have a mobile hotspot? Seems doable.

Sponsored

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

**MAJOR EDITS MADE**
I definitely got it wrong the first time but I've been set straight (thank you @mjcutri @peta8368)!
Below are edited examples/macaroni art level diagrams lol

----------------------------

I'm a very visual person - this is how I'm making sense of this:

*Disclaimer: Apologies to those who are pros at this! I just geeked out and decided to make these for me and whomever else is "newtothis"

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions IMG_9274

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions IMG_9275

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions B2008310-17F9-451C-A14D-3D3C5D5D01F9

^^The red circle are the Aux Switches running into the engine bay
^^The blue circle are Circuits B1, B2, and C which originate in the engine bay

1) There are 6 Aux Switches...each that run wire down in the engine area. These are all powered, but none of them are connected to anything.
2) In that same engine area are 3 Circuits (B1, B2, and C) that you can connect to any of the Aux Switches in any order you choose.
3) The remaining 2 Circuits (D & E) do NOT originate in the engine bay. Instead they originate in the glovebox area. You cannot DIRECTLY connect an Aux Switch to Circuit D or E.
4) Doing the math...if you connect 3 Aux switches to 3 of these pre-made Circuits in the engine bay...that will leave 3 Aux Switches unused. You can run your own wire from any of these 3 remaining Aux Switches to anywhere you want in the Bronco.

Example 1:

Let's say you want to power something that requires a decent amount of juice. Let's say that item is a high-powered light bar that would be mounted where the roof rack would mount to the front.
You can connect the Aux 1 Wire (the wire with the most amperage) to Circuit B1 (this connection happens in the engine bay).
From here Circuit B1 runs all the way to the glove box.
In the glove box you will find Circuit D.
Here, you can connect Circuit B1 to Circuit D.
From here, Circuit D is already running wire up towards the passenger-side visor (aka the roof). You can use the end of this wire to connect your light bar.

Now Aux 1 powers your light bar.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions 1

Example 2:

Same thing. Let's say that "high powered" item you want to be able to turn on/off is a mini-fridge in the back of your Bronco.
The first step is the same. You connect the Aux 1 Wire (the wire with the most amperage) to Circuit B1 (this connection happens in the engine bay).
From here Circuit B1 runs all the way to the glove box.
In the glove box you will find Circuit E.
Here, you can connect Circuit B1 to Circuit E.
From here, Circuit E is already running wire back towards the rear. You can use the end of this wire to connect your mini-fridge.

Now Aux 1 powers your mini-fridge (instead of your light bar as in Example 1).

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions 2

Example 3:

Now what if you don't want to power a light-bar on the roof or anything in the back? Do you have to use pre-made Circuits D & E? No you don't!

In this example let's say you just want to power some accessories inside of your bronco: maybe a CB radio and a dash cam.

The principles of the first two examples still apply here:

Aux 1 connects to Circuit B1 (this happens in the engine bay). Circuit B1 travels to the glovebox. From the glovebox you can directly connect your CB Radio. Aux 1 now powers your CB radio.

Aux 2 connects to Circuit B2 (this happens in the engine bay). Circuit B2 travels to the glovebox. From the glovebox you can directly connect your dash cam. Aux 2 now powers your dash cam.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions 3

Example 4:

Now this example is where I initially was woefully confused, but now I have been set straight!

This example is meant to illustrate why there are 6 total Aux Switches and "only" 3 total pre-made circuits that are available to connect to in the engine bay (B1, B2, and C).
In this example you, the Bronco owner, is using every single Aux Switch available.

Aux 1 connects to B2 which connects to E which in turn goes to the rear (example: for a mini-fridge)
Aux 2 connects to B1 which connects to D which in turn goes to the roof (example: for roof mounted light bar)
Aux 3 connects to C which goes directly to the front grill (example: for a winch or fog lights)

This leaves Aux 4, 5, and 6. All three of these Aux Switches still have wires leading from their respective switches inside to the engine bay. Sadly...they don't have partner wires to dance with! This means you have to use your own wire and run it to wherever you want it to go in the Bronco.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions 4

Take home points:

1) I was confused at first. I thought there were 5 pre-made Circuits available in the engine bay for the Aux switches to directly connect to. Instead there are only 3 (B1, B2, and C).

2) You have a choice as to which parts of the bronco get the most amperage (You can connect Aux 1 to whatever circuit you want).

3) Doing the math, there are 3 Aux switch wires that are left as "freebies" with no pre-made circuits to attach to. At first I thought that this was inconvenient. Why not have more pre-made circuits to attach them to? But all 3 of these "extra" Aux switches can still be run using your own wire to wherever you want! Cowl/pod lights on the hood? Extra accessories to the dash? The possibilities are endless!

4) My first foray at this was a disaster...so I apologize for the confusion! But the above edits should be accurate! And an additional apology if this is all horribly obvious to most of you...I just started geeking out and made all that haha

Last edited:

BonzosBronco

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Explorer, RIP 89 Bronco XLT, 2020 FTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
EASY ACCESS behind the dash/glovebox! amazing.
Glad I’m not the only one! Broke the cheap clasps on my explorer and took the gorilla glue route over replacing the box. Excited to let passengers use the glove box (why does everyone check it)

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the idea of having a 'dead' switch. Need to have something to connect to a garage door opener.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

*Disclaimer: Apologies to those who are pros at this! I just geeked out and decided to make these for me and whomever else is "newtothis"

There are 6 Aux Switches...each that run wire down in the engine area. These are all powered, but none of them are connected to anything.
In that same engine area are 5 loose wires that you can connect to any of the Aux Switches in any order you choose....so Aux 1 can supply power to grill, the back, the roof...wherever you want it to supply power to.

Example 1:

Let's say you want to power something that requires a decent amount of juice. Let's say that item is a high-powered light bar that would be mounted where the roof rack would mount to the front. You can connect the Aux 1 Wire (the wire with the most amperage) to the pre-made Circuit D (this connection happens in the engine bay). From here, circuit D is already running wire up towards the passenger-side visor (aka the roof). You can use the end of this wire to connect your light bar.

Now Aux 1 powers your light bar.

View attachment 95747

Example 2:

Same thing. Let's say that "high powered" item you want to be able to turn on/off is a mini-fridge in the back of your Bronco. This time you connect the Aux 1 Wire (the wire with the most amperage) to the pre-made Circuit E (this connection happens in the engine bay).
From here, circuit E is already running wire back towards the rear. You can use the end of this wire to connect your mini-fridge.

Now Aux 1 powers your mini-fridge (instead of your light bar as in Example 1).

View attachment 95748

Example 3:

This example is meant to illustrate why there are 6 total Aux Switches and "only" 5 total pre-made circuits. In this example you the Bronco owner is using every single Aux Switch available.

Aux 1 goes to the 1st passenger compartment (example: for pod lights)
Aux 2 goes to the front grill (example: for fog lights)
Aux 3 goes to the 2nd passenger compartment (example: for internal lighting)
Aux 4 goes to the roof (example: for roof mounted light bar)
Aux 5 goes to the rear (example: for a mini-fridge)

This leaves Aux 6. Aux 6 still has a wire leading from the switch inside to the engine bay. Sadly...it does not have a partner wire to dance with! This means you have to use your own wire and run it to wherever you want it to go in the Bronco.

View attachment 95750

Take home points:

1) You can literally mix and match any of these combinations (36 possible different combinations of where you can lead all your Aux switches)!

2) You have a choice as to which parts of the bronco get the most amperage (You can connect Aux 1 to whatever circuit you want....and so on down the line).

3) At first the fact that there were only 5 pre-made circuits did not make sense to me. Then when I figured it out, I thought it was inconvenient that they didn't just make a 6th pre-made circuit. Now that I've sat with the idea for a while...I really like that they left the 6th Aux switch a freebie...you're able to run wire to absolutely anywhere you want and not a pre-made destination!

4) Sorry if this is all horribly obvious to most of you...I just started geeking out and made all that haha
Impressive... based on previous replies, I'm sure you did help some folks figure this out.

Remember boys and gals always use a rubber grommet when going thru drilled sheetmetal .
Yeah, especially when running through the structure that keeps water out of your lap :oops:

For those who don't speak metric area, 1.5mm^2 is 14 AWG, 0.75 is 18 AWG, and 0.35 is 22 AWG.

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've done all of my own wiring for many years now. Everything I've done goes through relays and switches to control them. Either the video is confusing or Ford's wiring is confusing. All of those wire connections should already be done. I don't get it.

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow, I actually just added the switch package to my build a few days ago and I'm glad I did now. Having the wires pre-run to the rear and top of the window frame is well worth the money even if you only plan to use a few of them.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

There are 6 Aux Switches...each that run wire down in the engine area. These are all powered, but none of them are connected to anything.
In that same engine area are 5 loose wires that you can connect to any of the Aux Switches in any order you choose....so Aux 1 can supply power to grill, the back, the roof...wherever you want it to supply power to.

Take home points:

1) You can literally mix and match any of these combinations (36 possible different combinations of where you can lead all your Aux switches)!

2) You have a choice as to which parts of the bronco get the most amperage (You can connect Aux 1 to whatever circuit you want....and so on down the line).

3) At first the fact that there were only 5 pre-made circuits did not make sense to me. Then when I figured it out, I thought it was inconvenient that they didn't just make a 6th pre-made circuit. Now that I've sat with the idea for a while...I really like that they left the 6th Aux switch a freebie...you're able to run wire to absolutely anywhere you want and not a pre-made destination!

4) Sorry if this is all horribly obvious to most of you...I just started geeking out and made all that haha
This is almost right, and a mistake that I see a lot of people making in this thread.

There are only 3 circuits in the engine bay (B1,B2,&C)
D & E are only from the glove box. So if you want power to the top of the windshield and the cargo compartment, you connect B1 to D, and B2 to E. This essentially only gives you 3 circuits total.

This isn't to say it's bad or anything, I think it's awesome that Ford pre-ran any wiring at all. I just wanted to clarify that there are only 3 wires leading from the power dist. box. 1 to the front grille, and 2 to the passenger compartment.

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is almost right, and a mistake that I see a lot of people making in this thread.

D & E are only from the glove box. So if you want power to the top of the windshield and the cargo compartment, you connect B1 to D, and B2 to E. This essentially only gives you 3 circuits total.

This isn't to say it's bad or anything, I think it's awesome that Ford pre-ran any wiring at all. I just wanted to clarify that there are only 3 wires leading from the power dist. box. 1 to the front grille, and 2 to the passenger compartment.
Okay I see what you’re saying.
So since the circuit D & E wire endings are in the glovebox...hypothetically if you wanted to connect an Aux switch directly to D or E you would have to run your own wire from that Aux switch to each of those circuits (meeting them in the glovebox and not in the engine bay like B1, B2, and C).
That way you could still maintain separate use of all 6 Aux switches?

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are you sure? If true, that seems kinda silly.
Sponsored