Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's the best laptop or notebook to pick up for using on just Forscan? I read the post with details on refurbished and they are all so different.
Thank you
Whatever is cheap, Forscan doesn't use any real processing power. My 14 year old Eee PC netbook runs it fine.

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whatever is cheap, Forscan doesn't use any real processing power. My 14 year old Eee PC netbook runs it fine.
Many Thank you's! I ordered a low end lap top with Windows 10 as I wasn't sure about the "S" or Home versions. I am going to need some help from the forum membership and have an adaptor on it's way as well.
Since my Bronco build date is late December, I thought I could start out learning Forscan on my F-150.

If anyone wants to volunteer to be my tutor, please PM me.

Thank you,
George

Last edited:

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bummer. Assumed it was a firmware update. No go. Was working fine before I extended the license…

I was using my OBDLink MX+ flawlessly for the initial Forscan license. Purchased extended license and made sure firmware and Forscan software are up to date and I’m still getting “Service Procedure Interrupted” when trying to write IPC on a 2021 Bronco.

Any ideas? Perhaps I need to delete a profile and start over or something? Now that I have the 3 year license? Perhaps something is tied up with the old activation code?

Last edited:

BroncoPQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do we have an "active exhaust"? I want it always open to hear the V8 ;) on Forscan?
Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco ForScan Thread 1596154928619

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bummer. Assumed it was a firmware update. No go. Was working fine before I extended the license…

I was using my OBDLink MX+ flawlessly for the initial Forscan license. Purchased extended license and made sure firmware and Forscan software are up to date and I’m still getting “Service Procedure Interrupted” when trying to write IPC on a 2021 Bronco.

Any ideas? Perhaps I need to delete a profile and start over or something? Now that I have the 3 year license? Perhaps something is tied up with the old activation code?
Are you sure it isn't a vehicle side issue?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you sure it isn't a vehicle side issue?
No, I’m not positive. But, I wrote a bunch of other items in the past.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I made some progress today. I was able to get Stop & Go to work. So many tidbits to cross reference and modules communicate to verify those tidbits are correct. Anyways I’m far from writing up the changes as I want to prove it out but I’ve been amazed with how autonomous it behaves. Still no luck with Intelligent ACC as I think there is still a setting that’s conflicting somewhere. The final piece of the puzzle is Lane Centering.

So about that. Ford won’t allow TJA (Stop & Go) without Lane Centering. As far as I’m aware you can’t enable one without the other. So that means I’ve made all the progress needed for it but because these don’t have the button on the wheel it means that you need to use the Driver Assistance menu in the Sync 4 screen. F-150 has this setting and I’ve enabled it but I believe I incorrectly also enabled the toggle in the IPC which is what older models used to enable the setting I believe.

Long story short I’m getting closer. To adding Lane Centering

Also I’m very cautiously positive that I can get cameras to work while driving. I will tackle that after this is set.

No updates on TTA still need to cross reference some more to confirm settings.

You sir are doing awesome work!!! Well done! I only wish I had my Bronco to play with and help!

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well I made some progress today. I was able to get Stop & Go to work. So many tidbits to cross reference and modules communicate to verify those tidbits are correct. Anyways I’m far from writing up the changes as I want to prove it out but I’ve been amazed with how autonomous it behaves. Still no luck with Intelligent ACC as I think there is still a setting that’s conflicting somewhere. The final piece of the puzzle is Lane Centering.

So about that. Ford won’t allow TJA (Stop & Go) without Lane Centering. As far as I’m aware you can’t enable one without the other. So that means I’ve made all the progress needed for it but because these don’t have the button on the wheel it means that you need to use the Driver Assistance menu in the Sync 4 screen. F-150 has this setting and I’ve enabled it but I believe I incorrectly also enabled the toggle in the IPC which is what older models used to enable the setting I believe.

Also I’m very cautiously positive that I can get cameras to work while driving. I will tackle that after this is set.

Keep up the good work! I would be stoked to see stop and go functioning on the Bronco as it should have from the factory.

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy shit. Sport mode on badlands? I'm doing this tonight. Keep up the good work! I would love cameras while moving. My kids get a kick out of Baja mode because of the front camera but I prefer not using it on-road.

Would also be down for stop-n-go and lane centering. I already have ACC if that makes things easier.

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Holy shit. Sport mode on badlands? I'm doing this tonight. Keep up the good work! I would love cameras while moving. My kids get a kick out of Baja mode because of the front camera but I prefer not using it on-road.

Would also be down for stop-n-go and lane centering. I already have ACC if that makes things easier.
Has anyone determined if Sport mode is any different than Baja mode and then switching to 2H?

Is it worth adding? Or is Baja already giving us the same thing?

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes this would require ACC already. I believe I could help reverse engineer ACC for those that don’t have it, as I’ve seen that done in the past, but it will be quite the project for those people.

I haven’t gone back into Baja mode since adding Sport but the last time I used Baja I remember it really holding out the lowest gear possible. Sport mode behaved way more normal and seemed much more daily driving friendly. I’ll compare the two again soon just to confirm.

Cameras while moving is awesome but also has me very nervous as this the module I’m theorizing controls it (according to Ford programming diagrams) is highly unexplored and can be finicky.
[/QUOTE]

Ahh ok that would make Sport worth adding. Baja mode definitely wants to rev higher than what feels street drivable....

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SPORT MODE! I know what I'm doing later this week!

It was a little hard to follow about ACC and Stop and Go. Right now I have the high package on my Badlands, and lane centering is already there and working. Is it now possible to add stop and go or am I missing hardware?

shotgunfatcat

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

You sir are a hero.
Sponsored