Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Folks see the note about the rear locker being available in all 4 wheel drive modes? Works for me. It also says something about the rear locker possibly being engaged automatically in certain modes (pg 15). Do others read that the same way? I don't care for that. There are some times when the rear locked will create handling issues that you can otherwise avoid. Seen this before.

Screenshot 2021-02-26 162236.jpg
front and rear locker have their own button, but yes some GOAT modes with activate the rear locker.
Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does Apple CarPlay not come standard on all models? I was under the assumption that it did but I see an asterisk on p5 related to CarPlay / Android Auto for "if equipped".
It does, but to get the wireless CarPlay you need the Mid package. On the base you need to plug your phone in.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

front and rear locker have their own button, but yes some GOAT modes with activate the rear locker.
I don't are for the last part. The scenario that comes to mind are slick side slopes. I've watch multiple vehicles slide into a tree at the apex of a sloping curve, while I just disengage and cruise right through. Hopefully you can turn it off even if it engages. Also true for tight trail turns...sometimes you need to turn off your lockers to tighten the turn a bit more.

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't are for the last part. The scenario that comes to mind are slick side slopes. I've watch multiple vehicles slide into a tree at the apex of a sloping curve, while I just disengage and cruise right through. Hopefully you can turn it off even if it engages. Also true for tight trail turns...sometimes you need to turn off your lockers to tighten the turn a bit more.
From what I was told at Mammoth is that if the goat mode locks either diff you can reach up and unlock each or both diffs.

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It does, but to get the wireless CarPlay you need the Mid package. On the base you need to plug your phone in.
This is not correct. Wireless apple carplay is part of the sync4 system which is standard on all models.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Quick Reference Guide! PDF đź“„ 1614376770727

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haven't tried to print, but a moderator on BroncoNation posted this version, that I think would work better:
Out of curiosity, did the BN moderator credit Bronco6G? Cause that just links to the cropped version I posted here.
Don't really care, just wondering.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very cool document overall! I def sturdied every sentence.

Some info about the manual would be nice, especially the crawler gear, as it’s a new feature. Like the fact it has synchros, which we only know from a KOH video.

Plus the use of the collar, like how you have to lift it to go to reverse or crawler gears. Should be obvious but so should the +/- buttons on the auto shifter lol.
I wonder if they just consider the shifter collar a normal thing not worth mentioning. The Euro-spec Ecosport I drove with a manual had that, as did the manual Fiat Punto I drove. I assumed it's something everyone went to at some point after the last manual I owned that was from '07.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On your link (originally posted in 2019), the visual in the article shows Ford still listening to the same song (I KNOW the marketing team wouldn't recycle 2+ year old content for the coolest new vehicle on the planet, right?!).

I wonder if this will be the only song that the Bronco will be able to play? :)

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Quick Reference Guide! PDF đź“„ 1614379031806

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On your link (originally posted in 2019), the visual in the article shows Ford still listening to the same song (I KNOW the marketing team wouldn't recycle 2+ year old content for the coolest new vehicle on the planet, right?!).

I wonder if this will be the only song that the Bronco will be able to play? :)

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Quick Reference Guide! PDF đź“„ 1614379031806
Remaster? I'm reaching here...

Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is great news. I never owned a vehicle with more than 18. Tho with the presumably low tier gas mileage it'll go just as quick. Still happy they put a bigger tank in there
That’s funny because I’m disappointed.
My last two vehicles I’ve owned had 36 gallon tanks LOL

Last edited:

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if they just consider the shifter collar a normal thing not worth mentioning. The Euro-spec Ecosport I drove with a manual had that, as did the manual Fiat Punto I drove. I assumed it's something everyone went to at some point after the last manual I owned that was from '07.
I’ve seen the collar used in videos but have never driven one myself. I prefer the method used in VW/Audi and others where you push in/downward on the shifter to shift into reverse. Just looks better because there is no collar. But obviously the collar isn’t a dealbreaker for me lol.
Sponsored