Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Okay, now that you have all had your fun, for those of us that don't bleed Ford blue, that have not been through a new Ford release, this, perhaps, seemed like news.

A vehicle is a tool, select to right one for the job, stage of life, desire or need at the time. To limit yourself to only the Ford brand, to think that brand loyalty is worth more than a cup of coffee, not so much. For anyone that wants to chime in, I have owned 18 Fords and I..., please save it.
I can see how it can be a shock to some, and snarky comments aside its because they don't paint them. All it is an eyesore nothing to worry about. There are things you can use to protect it from looking like that
Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do the f-150's have dana axles?
The rear end is Ford's 9.75" design, slightly beefier than a Dana 60. The front diff is Ford's 8.8" design.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, now that you have all had your fun, for those of us that don't bleed Ford blue, that have not been through a new Ford release, this, perhaps, seemed like news.

A vehicle is a tool, select to right one for the job, stage of life, desire or need at the time. To limit yourself to only the Ford brand, to think that brand loyalty is worth more than a cup of coffee, not so much. For anyone that wants to chime in, I have owned 18 Fords and I..., please save it.
I'm sure you had a point to make. I'm not really sure what it was.

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Because its bare metal. Its high strength steel that only develops surface oxides like cast iron, it wont rust through like regular steel so they dont bother painting it.
That will still be fine 50 years from now. I've got 99 problems and that's not one of them.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not to worry North. I've driven Ford's for years. Heck, my 2020 Ranger is already showing signs of surface rust, and it hit the road on Dec. 6th. While it looks like crap it's never caused me any problems.

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing towards you or anyone specifically for that matter. I just recall some bigger threads of people really having issues with the rear dif not being painted. You know how things get over here and I could just see this thread getting to 100pgs.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2020 looks perfectly fine.... had it a year, drove it all winter through snow and shit... I don't think I've ever seen one that bad looking in our shop.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
so we've all decided that a little superficial rust is its own form of corrosion protection, but if we did want to keep things looking pretty for aesthetics, what would be the options for those looking for projects while its still factory fresh?

POR 15

Thats what me and my old man used on our Mustangs and kept them looking great

Sponsored