First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
everything works well. The kick panel speakers are a bit muddy but EQ helps. I’m having a terrible time getting the 500.1 to fit behind the side panel. You need to be millimeter perfect in the angle of you want to secure the plate to all four existing bolt holes AND screw the amp at all four corners to the plate. I’m on my third fabricated plate which still needs trimming. More to come once it’s all together.
I’ll be honest, you could probably just change the EQ with forscan, add the 500.1 and call it quits. The 200.4 is a little underpowered for the effort and cost of everything including harness and speakers at around $700 all in.
That would work for 90% of owners.

Edit: just saw your post above. Yes I have literally the same advice. The only difference is I have the 200.4 clipping 120hz on the dip switches and you have it at 90.
The remote knob for the 500.1 is a must too.
Did you lose any bass having it set to 120? I feel like it would be pointless and would just sell the harness and return the amp at that point. I'm almost there lol. Have a week left to return the amp to amazon
Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you lose any bass having it set to 120? I feel like it would be pointless and would just sell the harness and return the amp at that point. I'm almost there lol. Have a week left to return the amp to amazon
I’ll give a better recap once it’s all back together and I’ve had more time listening. It sure is a longer journey than I expected though.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do any of you still have your factory sub amp, I'm curious if simply plugging this into my deleted sub would turn it on?

OP
OP

jshapz

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do any of you still have your factory sub amp, I'm curious if simply plugging this into my deleted sub would turn it on?
Ive got mine still, but what do you mean? You already got your bronco with the sub removed?

OP
OP

jshapz

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll give a better recap once it’s all back together and I’ve had more time listening. It sure is a longer journey than I expected though.
Man that sucks you’re having issues but I’m assuming it’s because the 2door is so much smaller back there. I had plenty of room in the 4 door. Did you get your power harness in from PnP yet? I’m wondering if that’s why you were having clipping. A lot of people reported that getting the power from the battery helped.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jshapz

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In December new builds were given a 250 dollar "credit" for a sub delete. I recently picked up my bronco built end of December and it has a subwoofer back there but no power to it, nothing. It just sits. I haven't had an opportunity to look around but it seems like it is missing the amp.
Ok so I knew they were going to remove them but didn’t realize it happened that quick. I got mine in Dec with a build of late Nov. I’ll 100% send you my amp if you find the wiring harness back there. Just send like $5 for shipping.

meanmussy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
DEAL. I'll take it. Message me off to the side. I'll gladly be the guinea pig.
Extremely interested in seeing what you find. I'm sitting on a 6 speaker 2023 OBX and I Kate knowing there is a sub in the back just doing nothing.

OP
OP

jshapz

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Extremely interested in seeing what you find. I'm sitting on a 6 speaker 2023 OBX and I Kate knowing there is a sub in the back just doing nothing.
So you haven't popped the trim off either to see if the harness is back there?

OP
OP

jshapz

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not yet. Only had it for a week and it's been a crazy busy week.
Ya I understand, and thats alot of work for nothing. I sent the other guy a message about shipping him my amp. I hope that harness is there.

Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man that sucks you’re having issues but I’m assuming it’s because the 2door is so much smaller back there. I had plenty of room in the 4 door. Did you get your power harness in from PnP yet? I’m wondering if that’s why you were having clipping. A lot of people reported that getting the power from the battery helped.
Might be because its a 2 door. It’s the cup holder that limits the space. Also the OEM sub from the B&O is a different housing that the 7 speaker sub and has less room for the amp.
I didn’t get the Power adapter. PnP never returned my email but I saw a $10 refund. I wasn’t having clipping but am experimenting with settings to eliminate the oversaturated 200-400 hz range I’m hearing. I told myself I wasn’t going to be that persnickety with the Broncos audio system but well here we are.

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I got the last build week with the 7 spk system - 12/6 after that week, they were deleted on the window stickers.

sko

Badlands
First Name
Tomasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
elantra, have dep on a badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the 7 speaker system too.. still on the rail so we'll see what it sounds like.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
DEAL. I'll take it. Message me off to the side. I'll gladly be the guinea pig.
Awesome let us know how it goes, mine was just built last week so I don't have it yet but I'm hoping this will work, I'm sure there's a bunch of stock sub amps laying around.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm all wrapped up.

Kicker CS speakers all around
Mabett 6.75 pods in back
Kicker Key 200.4 + 500.1
OEM sub box from B&O + Kicker Shallow 8" CWRT8

Polyfill
Quilt batting
Killmat

ZERO RATTLES! :D

Four Important Recomendations

1. Use a circuit breaker type fuse for your amp power. It's safer and easier to simply flip the breaker to kill power to the 500.1 when you need to move it around or disconnect to refab your mounting plate.
  2. Mounting the 500.1 to the mounting plate to the sub enclosure requires millimeter perfection to get the panel to fit without encroaching either the amp or the plate. The image I have here works well for the amp but I further trimmed the plate to remove ALL excess material around the mounting holes.
  3. The panel cubby's plastic rivets can be removed in 45 seconds with an oscillating multi tool. Forget the Dremel. I felt like a genius using the OMT instead of the Dremel. Easier faster and less mess.
  4. Run wire for your rear upfitter switch while you're in there. I actually ran two with one using the OEM wire and one with an additional wire. Both terminate at the rear behind the panel and at the front behind the glovebox.

Ford Bronco 2023 7 speaker subwoofer upgrade IMG_5144.JPEG

Ford Bronco 2023 7 speaker subwoofer upgrade IMG_5163.JPEG

Ford Bronco 2023 7 speaker subwoofer upgrade IMG_5181.JPEG

Ford Bronco 2023 7 speaker subwoofer upgrade IMG_5007.JPEG

Ford Bronco 2023 7 speaker subwoofer upgrade IMG_5182.JPEG

Ford Bronco 2023 7 speaker subwoofer upgrade IMG_5233.JPEG

Ford Bronco 2023 7 speaker subwoofer upgrade IMG_5230.JPEG
Sponsored