Sponsored

Do you agree with this decision?

• Total voters

Bronccat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands, 76 Bronco, 95 Bronco (SOLD)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might have missed it... You are finding the level of output from the sub and the rest of the speakers to be out of balance? Too much output at the sub, or not enough??
It varies depending on source and genre. And th bass slider doesn't have much impact.
Sponsored

BigTyme

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2023 Base Sasquatch I used the kicker 6.75 & replaced the factory amp. I cut the ring off the dummy sub and used it for mounting purposes. All I need now is to turn on the wire harness. I welcome help from anyone near Milwaukee wi. Or in the Chicago area.

IMG_7446.jpeg

IMG_7448.jpeg

IMG_7487.jpeg

IMG_7486.jpeg

Jhlebica18

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 F350 Tremor, 2012 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just finished installing everything. UPS was late delivering the amp. I ended up writing 16F1 but tried 2AF1 and think 16F1 sounded better. I am amazed how much bass a little 6.75” sub was able to put out.

Bronccat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, did you do any sound dappening or lay any dyna mat when you did your install? If not, are you experiencing any rattling or anything like that?

I just bought the amp and kicker sub - I am going to try and install it think weekend - I will post pics of the process.
No rattle at all - I just retained the factory sub baffle / insulator ring

Bronccat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used 16F1 and worked perfectly, I used the focus amp and kicker sub. Such a great improvement to the base audio set up.

The only thing is it can be heavy bass, so I tend to lower the bass a good bit in the general settings.

for those that have the same set up, are you all doing the same thing just lowering the setting or is there a forscan code to help with the kicker sub EQ?

I tried the one mentioned earlier in the forum but it made the sub disconnect for some reason.
This is exactly why I'm looking into manual sub level knob. The bass can be annoying and intrusive - and the bass slider doesn't affect it much at all....

Sponsored

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is exactly why I'm looking into manual sub level knob. The bass can be annoying and intrusive - and the bass slider doesn't affect it much at all....
I just don't see where you would attach a knob to the fusion and kicker sub. I feel like it doesn't have the place to plug it in unless I'm missing something?

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Taking a look at some options, it looks like the Memphis Audio PRX624 would also be a direct fit, based on dimensions and electrical specs. It also has good ratings, although our application may or may not produce similar results.

Also wondering if all of the Forscan settings are "known and correct" to make the Fusion amp work as expected...

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just finished installing everything. UPS was late delivering the amp. I ended up writing 16F1 but tried 2AF1 and think 16F1 sounded better. I am amazed how much bass a little 6.75” sub was able to put out.
So is this the same module in forescan that Jim wrote? Sorry, I am new to Forescan and I am just trying to figure out the exact thing to overwrite/change...

Jhlebica18

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 F350 Tremor, 2012 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
yes the same as Jim wrote. I had seen other ways but think that way sounded the best

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I am pretty sure I will get the dummy sub and amp and have new 5 channel amp with 200w rms for sub. My question is... 6.75" vs 8" sub, what sounds better in factory box? Leaning towards 8" but I am afraid there is not enough air space. Feedback please.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any tips for panel removal? Things to watch out for? TIA!

Nabor19

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond; 1994 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any tips for panel removal? Things to watch out for? TIA!
There is a link earlier that shows the rear panel instructions from the service manual. Went pretty easy when you know where the clips are at.

Nabor19

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just wrapped up my install of the fusion amp and kicker sub and setting 16F1. Pretty good sound for the little sub and a big improvement. Using the test album, it does good. I got some vibration but not too bad. Plus it has a Bronco on the album cover. :)

83B978FA-A030-4EDD-AD71-153920B49174.jpeg

CF5AFFCE-3EF8-4D4E-B1FD-2C000957CB9B.jpeg

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a link earlier that shows the rear panel instructions from the service manual. Went pretty easy when you know where the clips are at.
I had posted the link to the other thread. Seems pretty straight forward. Just wondered how it went.

Nabor19

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had posted the link to the other thread. Seems pretty straight forward. Just wondered how it went.
Thanks for posting them. It made it very easy. The front pillar would have been a little nerve racking if I had not known where to pull.
Sponsored