First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally disagree. Interior sound level is absolutely quantifiable. It also matters what what bronco trim level you have and what roads you drive on have an impact.

I have a 2.3L BaseSquatch which means that I have the least about of sound deadening from the factory, the loudest tires and the 2.3 seams to make more of a racket than the 2.7. Furthermore, the predominate highway surface here in SoCal is grooved concrete.

These all combine to give me a 75 DB interior noise level at 65 mph which is absolutely stupid loud for a modern vehicle. I have added a crap ton of sound deadening to the rear and doors which has dropped the interior sound level to 66 dB at 65 mph and 68 dB at 75 mph. I still need to do the front floor, transmission tunnel, and firewall. These changes are making it much more livable and you can now have a conversation at highway speeds.

To bring this point back home…. interior level is not at all subjective and completely quantifiable.
What kind of sound deadening did you do to the top? I've been trying to figure out where the wind noise is from and what can help. It seems like if I out some kind of insulation along side between the roof and roll bars that I might have the best results, based on some testing. I already have the sound deadening package and roof liner. For me, the most prominent noise is wind. I don't have any whistling or I'll-fitting door windows, just general higher-volume sound.
Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This conversation is a perfect parallel to the BMW MINI Cooper when it came out. You can literally interchange the names and not be able to tell which forum the source material is from.
Hopefully the Bronco doesn't become a bloated ugly version of itself in a few years like the MINI did.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What kind of sound deadening did you do to the top? I've been trying to figure out where the wind noise is from and what can help. It seems like if I out some kind of insulation along side between the roof and roll bars that I might have the best results, based on some testing. I already have the sound deadening package and roof liner. For me, the most prominent noise is wind. I don't have any whistling or I'll-fitting door windows, just general higher-volume sound.
I actually haven't done anything to the top. Yes there is some wind noise but nothing compared to the road noise from the damn tires. If you remove the interior you will find that there is zero sound deadening material in the entire car. Take a look at this thread for more information and links to the materials that I used.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...adening-material-install-project.52145/page-9

I still have more areas to finish but the difference is meaningful already.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1707844880896.png

When I'm having fun, my cluster doesn't even exist to me. Hell, when i was racing motorcycles we would put masking tap over everything but the tach. It would be nice if the analog gauge was the tach and not a second speedo.
When I was racing motorcycles I only paid attention to the shift light; bright light=next gear please!

Cletus

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Heritage, 92 Mustang GT vert, 67 Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Would the hard top owners be honest. Do they not have creeks and leaks?
23 HE. No leaks. No creaks on pavement. I expect the creaks I hear off pavement - roof, body, and all the good stuff that makes it go off pavement. Back on pavement, no creaks.

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, hard to believe the entry point for the lowest cost 2-door went from $28k at introduction a few years ago, to $41k for 2024. A $13k price increase. Plus the increased destination charge. :(

1707842610056.png
I could be misremembering, but I could have sworn the difference between a 2021 2Dr Badlands and a 4 Dr Badlands was almost $5K. Now they’re much closer, but the 2Dr starting price was around $42K, not $52K.

does that sound right?

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This conversation is a perfect parallel to the BMW MINI Cooper when it came out. You can literally interchange the names and not be able to tell which forum the source material is from.
Hopefully the Bronco doesn't become a bloated ugly version of itself in a few years like the MINI did.
Well some people want a full sized bronco like the 1990s 2 door LOL

bigbmc26

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Lincoln LS V8 2016 Focus ST 2023 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wish people would stop whining about interior quality before they give the Bronco a Lexus interior -- yuck!! Some of us like a simple and durable interior over soft touch garbage. There is a reason why the original Jeep Cherokee XJ are so highly sought after, and this is a big reason why. Broncos are loaded with tech like every other vehicle, but at least they kept the interior basic and I for one don't want it changed.

I think in the case of the XJ, it's the 4.0 inline six that won't die that makes it desirable.

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I paid 59K plus for my WT in Nov 22 out the door, after taxes was about 61k and change, the noise everyone is talking about does not bother me, come on! This is an off road truck, it will shake rattle and roll (if you are not careful), but it's alot of fun when you're on Baja mod, or mud, etc, you get the gist of what I'm talking about, it is not a Cadillac or a Land Rover (they never go off road) and when you bought it you knew that. No complains here...:cool: 15k miles w/o any issues, so far, but I have not made any mods to it, is fine as is... happy trails
Ford Bronco 2024 Ford Bronco Review: Yes, it's awesome, but ... Autoblog 1000003685

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford is assuming all the initial Bronco mania with a lot of buyers willing to pay ADM will continue with a higher MSRP. "hey, we will sell it to you at this higher MSRP - no ADM (cough, cough) - please buy". They also may be trying to pull a Jeep where they have huge mark-ups on their cost and when the economy is bad you see Jeep dealers offer pretty steep discounts where they still make money. Well, interests rates are very high and while inflation has slowed, groceries are still 40% more than 3 years ago and will never go down. The low interests rates of several years ago to borrow are gone. Will be interesting to see how this plays out, but as of right now I think Ford has priced a lot of would-be Bronco buyers out.
They have.

I looked at a fairly loaded 2-door BL Sas sitting in the showroom of the local dealer. Almost $67K on the sticker, and they were offering a grand off list like it was a big favor. I paid $43K and change for my new JL Rubi last April. I'm not seeing $20K+ in value, kids.

I still want a Bronco and am waiting to see where it goes, but Ford is losing the plot by killing the base and bumping prices to Land Rover levels. They could have slaughtered Jeep by undercutting them in price across the board.

Sponsored

Gump

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Advanced, Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man.. the instrument cluster is super polarizing eh?

Someone will either have zero problem deciphering it.. orrrrrr it's gonna cause them to screech at a volume that not even an autistic falcon could achieve if it had a megaphone.

Ford.. keepin it spicy 🌶
It’s interesting - at first, I didn’t really agree with reviews that commented that the gauge cluster was an odd choice with the analog speedo and digital display. But the longer I’ve had my Bronco, I think I get it now; perhaps they should have made it a full digital cluster. I can understand things like having redundancy (i.e. - digital display of speed in addition to the analog display), but a full digital cluster would have been cleaner. Perhaps it was a supply chain issue, or perhaps it was part of differentiating the Bronco from the Braptor.

Amac

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco and 2006 z06
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pros: Go-anywhere capability; unique style; trim level variety; two- and four-door options; strong engines; it’s a convertible!

Cons: LOUD!; strange digital instruments; interior materials quality; wonky cloth roof fitment; parking the ultra-wide Raptor; insane destination/acquisition charge

https://www.autoblog.com/article/2024-ford-bronco-review/
Wow. Glad I bought my 2dr Big Bend in 22. $44k today without destination and I got mine with the 2.7 for $43 otd. With tax the 24 is roughly $7k more. Ouch. The only thing I wish I could have gotten was the vinyl seats.

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, hard to believe the entry point for the lowest cost 2-door went from $28k at introduction a few years ago, to $41k for 2024. A $13k price increase. Plus the increased destination charge. :(

Ford Bronco 2024 Ford Bronco Review: Yes, it's awesome, but ... Autoblog 1000003685
Inflation. Atleast it's not twice the cost like everyday staples for living like food.

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s interesting - at first, I didn’t really agree with reviews that commented that the gauge cluster was an odd choice with the analog speedo and digital display. But the longer I’ve had my Bronco, I think I get it now; perhaps they should have made it a full digital cluster. I can understand things like having redundancy (i.e. - digital display of speed in addition to the analog display), but a full digital cluster would have been cleaner. Perhaps it was a supply chain issue, or perhaps it was part of differentiating the Bronco from the Braptor.
I personally like it. Plus remeber it's supposed to be a retro forward vehicle so it works. Particularly with a manual I always want a speedo needle. I do wish there were an RPM needle too. I do realize I'm in the minority.

Battleborn

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I have owned my badlands for almost 3 years my wife owns a 2013 jeep jk which we wheeled for years before I got the bronco and I can tell you side by side comparison on and off road both are just as loud and both are hard tops. If your ears are sound sensitive buy a tacoma
Sponsored