redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No problems with clearance on that upper control arm being a 12.5” wide tire? That is been my biggest concern when looking at tires on my BD. I’m hoping to keep my steelies on when I go up a couple sizes, but with a -55 offset, I’ll definitely have to run wheel spacers. I was looking at the Pro Comp steelies wagon wheels as an alternative so I could run a wider tire, has a +12 offset. Biggest thing I’m looking for is feedback on that control arm clearance. Looks great man! My last jk had 20’s from an srt8 grand Cherokee. Wouldn’t have been my choice, but they actually fit the rig decently and never had an issue. It’s crazy how far they’ve come with tire sizes and tech.

That's why I asked for a pic of the inside. A 9" wheel with +1 is not a lot of backspace so it is easier to fit the 12.50 wide on it. Low backspace keeps the wheel away from that upper control arm. 😁
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll get some good pictures of UCA clearance with 33s and steelies in a couple weeks. I’m playing it safe with skinny tires, but should be able to see how much room there is.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll get some good pictures of UCA clearance with 33s and steelies in a couple weeks. I’m playing it safe with skinny tires, but should be able to see how much room there is.
Thank you kind sir!!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the same problem in my 2005 F-250, got a letter from Ford recommending it.
Come to think of it, I hated running "E" load range tires on the F-250 also.
Yup, the "ride" on my Excursion wiith the LT tires and the F250 suspension was jaw-rattling!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So does this mean the 285/75’s will rub on the inside without a spacer, using the OE steelies?

myself, I’d like to be able to just use the OE wheels with larger tires and avoid the cost of new wheels.
On the OBX, 275/70R18 are the biggest that will fit on the stock 7.5" x 18" wheels. 285 and up require a wider 8" or more rim. If your stock rims are also 7.5" wide, 275 may be your biggest tire on stock wheels as well, you'll have to research that. ive only researched the OBX, the only Bronco with 18" wheels.

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My goal, once I get coilovers, is either 285/75/17s or 35X11.50s. I'd love to keep the steelies, but am worried about the 7.5in width when aired down. I'm sure they will do fine on the road at normal pressures, but don't know if the bead will hold when stressed.
Narrow wheels actually help retain the bead when aired down so that's no concern. It's often called a poor man's beadlock. It'll be fine but you might have to run slightly less pressure to keep the tread running flat. Plenty of 285 and even 295 tires spec 7.5" wheels as the minimum so I'd send it.

LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i love 20s for bigger off road style tires!! i dont get when people hate on others gear. i guess they are jealous of the fact some people need less rubber to make their gear the same size!!!

Paul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-350 Platinum 7.3, 2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did I miss it or were is the link to the tires and rims? I think these would look perfect on my Rapid Red base.

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks great but those crash bars are there for a reason god for bid if you get in a. Accident . Has the crash rating even been released for bronco yet
Right, wrong, or indifferent..... FORD removes the crash bars for all Sasquatch packages.

Sponsored

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks to everyone who has contributed on this thread. It has brought a new appreciate to tires for me.

I was wondering are SL Load tires appropriate for the Bronco? I've found General Grabber APT are SL load in 275/70/18 (Same size as E-load tires I ordered). Would the SL load be more appropriate in this case? Tire is a bit more expensive but may be worth it if so. Also weighs about 20lbs less per tire.

Thanks in advance!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks great but those crash bars are there for a reason god for bid if you get in a. Accident . Has the crash rating even been released for bronco yet?
No, no crash ratings yet, but I can promise you that crashing is more dangerous than not crashing!!!

I had a niece killed this weekend in a head on collision on I-26... Crash bars or not, some collisions you are not going to survive, especially when your vehicle bursts into flames after hitting another vehicle with about 150 MPH of closure (EDIT: The other driver was driving the wrong way on the Interstate). Crash bars could contribute to your safety in some collisions, but they aren't necessarily going to make the difference either.

Good gawd, stay away from the hot soup too, you might burn yourself.

BroncoAZ[/URL] said:
Ruined, absolutely ruined, just might as well throw the Bronco off a cliff, right.
How do people live with such absolutely rigid beliefs.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, no crash ratings yet, but I can promise you that crashing is more dangerous than not crashing!!!

I had a niece killed this weekend in a head on collision on I-26... Crash bars or not, some collisions you are not going to survive, especially when your vehicle bursts into flames after hitting another vehicle with about 150 MPH of closure (EDIT: The other driver was driving the wrong way on the Interstate). Crash bars could contribute to your safety in some collisions, but they aren't necessarily going to make the difference either.

Good gawd, stay away from the hot soup too, you might burn yourself.

Ruined, absolutely ruined, just might as well throw the Bronco off a cliff, right.
How do people live with such absolutely rigid beliefs.
I’m so sorry about your niece your family will be in my prayers I hope they lock the idiot driver away and throw away the key

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks Bronco21Fan... It's a horrible loss, the other driver is also no longer with us.

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just ordered a set of wheels for my BD, rim size is 17X9 with a zero offset and they have a sale on some really nice MT tires that another customer walked away from (Grabber X3).

Tire size is 295/70/17 and that translates to a roughly 33.5” tire. I’m wondering if the “0” offset will work? I’ve got no issues removing the crash bars and plan on either a small spacer lift or level kit but from what I see it’ll “fit” fine just not for off-road until I lift an inch or two?
Sponsored