jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been thinking of putting 37” tires on my badlands Sasquatch. Watched a bunch of videos but couldn’t find anything that seemed to have no rubbing on the trail.

Then saw the 74weld portals which looked more than perfect,…. Until I found out the price.

what’s the proper way of doing 37’s without breaking the bank?
Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You’re going to get a wide array of the same answers that havnt helped you on the other threads. There is no single cut solution as there are so many factors.

John over here will claim all he did was throw on different wheels and he has no rub and goes off-road all the time. But his definition of off-roading is driving on dirt roads that get a little bumpy.

Meanwhile Tom is smashing whoops at 79 mph and rubbing like crazy on the same setup.

A reliable, budget build on 37’s is very difficult. There are things that work but may not be reliable in the long term depending on what you do.

Start with one step at a time until you achieve no rub.

Get a suspension kit you like, 4WP, ADS, King, Icon whatever. Adjust it to what’s required to allow a 37 to fit. Turn your tires and you’ll see that you rub. Now you can either grab a 0 offset wheel or do the body mount chop. Some people do both, again it can depend. I have both and I still rub on high speed jumps on my DV8 inner liners. Also, don’t Jack up the coilover high to the sky as it won’t give any more clearance (because up travel remains the same) and jacking up the preload will hurt your ride and also create really bad angles. Lowest lift to fit the biggest tire ;)

A 12.5” wide tire will fit easier then a 13.5” tire.

And that’s about all you can do without starting to cut into your fender and relocate stuff.

If you buy shocks with reservoirs then make sure you mount the reservoirs where they won’t rub at stuff, this will depend on what suspension kit you choose.

I’m happy with my JKS tire clearance kit, King suspension lifted at 2” over Sasquatch height, and 0 offset wheels. I also have the DV8 liners which I’m not fond of and rub at full stuff. I’ve broken them up pretty bad at this point so that affects my rub as well. I know what it is though and I’m not hurting anything. If I didn’t have my liners then I wouldn’t rub.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely agree with @popo_patty … there is no single way to achieve this, and everyone will have a slightly different approach depending on what they do with their vehicle. I just do one step at a time until you have achieved no rub.

Here is some of the stuff people have had to do in the past. Whether you will have to do them depends on exactly how you lift, and in the end you may have to do a little bit of everything.
  • 2”+ lift
  • Cut the crash bar/intercooler mount
  • Trim inner fender liners (or new liner)
  • New upper control arms
  • New track bar bracket
  • New wheels… probably with +15 offset or less
  • New trailing arms

tobyw

Wildtrak
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And don't forget that not all 37's are created equal. For example, I'd say that in general terms if a BFG tire is your flavor of choice, you'll have a easier time than someone wanting to run a Nitto...

fdchief

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch, 1995 F250, 2018 Rebel R2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just my personal experience, im running the eibach stage 2 kit from Panda and Cooper Rugged Trek 37s and i have no rubbing, but as others have stated im not out at moab every weekend so im sure for that kind of roading youll need more, but for the every day appalachian roads hills and mountains it works great for me.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

PoPo above knows what’s up for sure.
I see you’re in Utah, so no doubt will need full articulation at some point. A combination of Max Clearance Kit, 2” lift and small body lift is my plan of action at some point.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s going to cost a good deal of money, pretty much that simple. Great advice has been given. If you’re doing it for looks, stay with 35s, as 37s will wear components. If you’re going to go off road harder than graded roads, once again, money. You have to pay to play.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been thinking of putting 37” tires on my badlands Sasquatch. Watched a bunch of videos but couldn’t find anything that seemed to have no rubbing on the trail.

Then saw the 74weld portals which looked more than perfect,…. Until I found out the price.

Truthfully there isn't, your suspension is not designed for 37" tires, so you would either change what is needed to keep proper geometry and drive angles, as well as re-gearing or go portals, all other options are janky compromises which will have their issues.
If you are adding 37's for superior trail capabilities these modifications would be a welcomed addition, if you are doing this strictly for looks, who care's! lol

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did zone 3” Sasquatch lift (with a arms and track bar relocation), JKS kit, and cut crash bar mounts, running 0 offset rims and MT Baja legend mt 37x13.50…they are close to rubbing around town, if it becomes a problem offroad, next step is body lift…good luck!

tobyw

Wildtrak
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did zone 3” Sasquatch lift (with a arms and track bar relocation), JKS kit, and cut crash bar mounts, running 0 offset rims and MT Baja legend mt 37x13.50…they are close to rubbing around town, if it becomes a problem offroad, next step is body lift…good luck!
Zone 3" Adventure series (ZONF97)? Just curious because I don't see where their kit addresses the track bar so what bracket did you use? I'm exploring my options on this topic as well...

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bought the Rock Jock bracket kit.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Secret setup for a sas bronco is 2" lift collars, 1/2" up to 1" body lift and crash bar modifications. Money should be spent on armor if your going to wheel. The stock suspension is not a limiting factor.

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Trade in for a Braptor 😉

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Zone 3" Adventure series (ZONF97)? Just curious because I don't see where their kit addresses the track bar so what bracket did you use? I'm exploring my options on this topic as well...
Rock jock…

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs