John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

sure makes sense! Just throwing out a reasonable option for those with some electronic assembly chops. Good luck with your project!
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am pretty competent around 12v wiring and I still prefer to use the pre-fab connectors whenever possible! Thanks to all for your input and collaboration!

OP
OP
Portapot

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Painful....I can't get the damn iPhone to get a clear closeup...I will try again today. ;o) Any of you that have followed my posts, that despite taking a photography course in college I butcher videos and pictures....I might have to break out my Digital SLR to get a good pic.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Portapot

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have to be honest I don't think the stock sound system is really that god awful. I find it to be decent with the door on, top down. Maybe with the doors off it becomes abysmal , but i did not find it that bad. Regardless I have all my infinity's sitting on the kitchen table waiting to decide if I cut the harness or wait to see if we can find a direct fit...LOL

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Painful....I can't get the damn iPhone to get a clear closeup...I will try again today. ;o)
Wipe the sense, pick the correct zoom length/lens, tap the screen on the object you want to focus on, slowly pull the phone away from the object until it can focus on it:

Ford Bronco 4” Speaker Harness Pics IMG_1645.JPG

I believe in you.

;)

OP
OP
Portapot

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wipe the sense, pick the correct zoom length/lens, tap the screen on the object you want to focus on, slowly pull the phone away from the object until it can focus on it:

Ford Bronco 4” Speaker Harness Pics IMG_1645.JPG

I believe in you.

;)
I tried all that..I even turned the flash off and then put the flashlight on....I will get it I promise....

OP
OP
Portapot

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I tried all that..I even turned the flash off and then put the flashlight on....I will get it I promise....
let’s just say I got the photos…. So much for using the harness ;-)
Ford Bronco 4” Speaker Harness Pics A96C26A8-ED47-4CA0-9E93-4916AC067344
Ford Bronco 4” Speaker Harness Pics D80C4BEE-5973-4702-8A11-1374FE2FB8B4
Ford Bronco 4” Speaker Harness Pics 657E0EF0-1CC2-49BC-BC07-135CA0F80345
Ford Bronco 4” Speaker Harness Pics E27B9C5C-D68A-430A-8C44-8A29EE2702D2
Ford Bronco 4” Speaker Harness Pics DA57E387-2C60-4F42-9192-6BBD4FE16682

Sponsored
OP
OP
Portapot

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
let’s just say I got the photos…. So much for using the harness ;-)
I wired it with the factory harness and they sounded like shit on the Infinity Reference series. Wired it without the harness much better. With boom mat inserts even better. I used the black wire with white stripe as negative on both speakers. Did not see any colored wires. Fact is 4” speakers in those rear plastic boxes are not going to sound great no matter how much money you spend on speakers in my humble opinion. I have videos of the sound at all three phases if anyone wants to hear them.

Canonman11

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great feed everyone. A lot of good answers here and looking forward to what comes in on the order.

OP
OP
Portapot

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Flip can I ask you a dumb question? I put my infinity's in, thy installed great, I have the boom mat in place, I wired a positive and negative lead speaker wire into them. To test this out from the lead wire I just pushed the Positive wire into the blue wire on the adapter and the negative into the Grey/Brown wire. Speakers sounded pretty good but I lost the 4" speaker on the same side. I assume I need to wire the Blue and Green wire together to the positive lead from the speaker and the Gray/Brown and Gray/Blue wire to the negative lead to get both speakers powered. on that side. Is this correct? I ordered the Metra 4 pin adapter but I am waiting on it. Just trying to understand how this is all wired....I am worried wiring them all together I will lose any type of crossover that was built into the factory wiring schematic. I hope that makes sense. I feel like the 6.5 could use some bass blocking maybe like 200Hz and the 4" maybe could use 300 or 600 HZ, but not sure how to accomplish that with the current wiring schematic. Appreciate any guidance folks may have.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flip can I ask you a dumb question? I put my infinity's in, thy installed great, I have the boom mat in place, I wired a positive and negative lead speaker wire into them. To test this out from the lead wire I just pushed the Positive wire into the blue wire on the adapter and the negative into the Grey/Brown wire. Speakers sounded pretty good but I lost the 4" speaker on the same side. I assume I need to wire the Blue and Green wire together to the positive lead from the speaker and the Gray/Brown and Gray/Blue wire to the negative lead to get both speakers powered. on that side. Is this correct? I ordered the Metra 4 pin adapter but I am waiting on it. Just trying to understand how this is all wired....I am worried wiring them all together I will lose any type of crossover that was built into the factory wiring schematic. I hope that makes sense. I feel like the 6.5 could use some bass blocking maybe like 200Hz and the 4" maybe could use 300 or 600 HZ, but not sure how to accomplish that with the current wiring schematic. Appreciate any guidance folks may have.
Not sure how the in-out from kick panel speakers work until I pull them. Diagram is really poor and workshop manual isn’t any help either.

OP
OP
Portapot

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure how the in-out from kick panel speakers work until I pull them. Diagram is really poor and workshop manual isn’t any help either.
Thanks man....I'm thinking based on what I am seeing that the positive feed for the kick panel and 4" front speaker are all powered together. I don't see how it could be done any other way.
Flip for shits and giggles I created two more short speaker leads and wired all the positive wires together and then negative wires together coming off the 6.5" which left me with 2 positive and 2 negative leads feeding into the 6.5" speaker. I then temporarily jammed the positives into the Blue wire on the harness and the Green wire on the harness, put the negative leads into the other two slots. All 4 speakers fired up. Not sure if this helps any, but when I get the Metra harness tomorrow my intent is to plug it into the harness and then wire the positive leads together with the positive lead coming from the speaker so three wires into 1, and do the same for the negative. I will report my findings. Have no reason to believe it should not work like I just tested. I'm trying to avoid cutting this harness if I can. Sucks though because I have the bronco taken apart pretty well so I will have to drive the other car for a day ;o). Then I might just put the bass blocker on the 4" speakers and call it a day. I am worried if I put bass blockers on the 6.5" then those frequencies will also be blocked by the 4". Maybe I do like a 0-70hz on the 6.5 and then do a 0-300hz on the 4", that might work. Will keep really low frequencies off the 6.5 but allow me to further reduce the frequency to the 4"'s. This is frequency blocking is new to me. Probably would be easier with an amp, but I don't see a need for an amp based on my listening habits.
Sponsored