First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I I'm switching out the dash speakers on my bronco. I have the speakers and I found two different sets of adapter harnesses to plug and play the speakers. I ordered both of them just two make sure I got a quality one and what I've noticed is that the negative and positive wires on them are switched.

Is there a correct setup on which wire is which. Or are they interchangeable.

I've attached a picture of both of them, thanks

PXL_20230421_165258582.jpg
Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So I I'm switching out the dash speakers on my bronco. I have the speakers and I found two different sets of adapter harnesses to plug and play the speakers. I ordered both of them just two make sure I got a quality one and what I've noticed is that the negative and positive wires on them are switched.

Is there a correct setup on which wire is which. Or are they interchangeable.

I've attached a picture of both of them, thanks

Ford Bronco Speaker harness positive/negative hookup PXL_20230421_165258582
As long as you confirm that the other end of the pigtail is correctly connected to the appropriate + and - terminals you will be OK and your audio will remain in phase.
Here’s the wiring diagram for your confirmation
Ford Bronco Speaker harness positive/negative hookup 7B4A18EF-70F3-4F62-A949-BF3B9094DDB5

OP
OP

Arealhuman

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As long as you confirm that the other end of the pigtail is correctly connected to the appropriate + and - terminals you will be OK and your audio will remain in phase.
Here’s the wiring diagram for your confirmation
7B4A18EF-70F3-4F62-A949-BF3B9094DDB5.jpeg
Got it maybe this is above my head and I should just go to a shop. They quoted me $500 to swap out five speakers though. Was just really wondering which wire on the harness is positive and which one is negative since it appears to only plug in one way.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will help:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/how-to-factory-bronco-speaker-replacement.68888/

Specifically.. watch the section about making the harness around the 20 minute mark. Should answer your question and more.

To answer your question more directly... it doesn't really matter which is positive and which is negative, but if you hook it up backwards your speakers will be out of phase and you'll get goofy noise canceling issues. But you can reference the adapters I have to see which of your adapters is correct, and then adjust as necessary.

Last edited:

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well your white should be positive and black negative. If you aren’t sure plug it in and take a 9volt battery and put the white to positive and black to negative on the battery, it is correct the speaker will flex outward if it’s backwards it will flex the speaker inward. Something we used to do at the shop I worked at back in the day. Obviously you would test it in the speaker not connected to the vehicle.
Sponsored