Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '06 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Got the new speakers in yesterday. The 72-5602 are an exact click in to the factory harness connector for the kick panel speakers. The 72-5600 harness works for the dash speakers. However, it does not click in and I had to bend the pins in the factory harness down a tiny bit to get them to align with the holes on the metra harness. Also, the pins in the factory harness are a little fatter than the holes on the metra harness. But, once aligned and pushed together it is a very secure connection (I think it would be difficult to separate them if I wanted to).
So how did you deal with the factory harness pins being too big for the metra harness holes? Just shove them in?
Sponsored

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered the connector from Mouser and should be here tomorrow, I have my pins crimped and waiting. Hopefully this will keep me from having to cut the factory harness.

31067-1041 Molex | Mouser

Ford Bronco 4” Speaker Harness Pics 94D77E7D-A47B-401E-A172-4B400217B39C

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Survey says these are the correct male connectors for the dash/rear pod speakers along with Mouser pin # 571-2-1419158-5-CT. However......The pins are incredibly small and require very careful crimping using 20ga wire. If they are not done correctly the pin won't fit in the housing and lock. Even with good crimping pliers I had to fiddle with them until they slid in and locked. Soldering would probably take care of the problem but the conductor and insulation "wings" will need to be clipped since this is where the hang up happens.

I have not messed with the kick panel speakers but my plan is to use a short section of 20ga wire that will come out of the connector, to the base blockers which plug directly into the speaker. Since most folks will be just using factory head unit 20ga is enough. If you plan to use an amp and throw more juice then I would recommend running dedicated speaker wire.

I ordered these parts and the IWISS crimp tool and the crimps look good but for some reason I can't get the wires to make a positive connection when connecting the plug. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but it's late and I'll have to revisit tomorrow. Anyone else struggle with this?

Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will soon have these plugs available in about 30 days
I ended up "making mine work" so that I didn't have to cut the harness. They seem to be pretty solid but might go ahead and order yours to see how they compare. Based on all of the time I spent messing with them, I would gladly go for a ready to go solution in a heartbeat.

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Using a generic crimping tools to make up the Molex connector for the 4" speakers does not work well. Using 20-gauge wire helps a little, but it is hit or miss if you can even get the pins to slide in all the way.

I broke out the $$ and purchased the correct crimping tool for the TE pins that go in the Molex connector. It was a crazy leap at over $500 for a crimping tool. But it made all the difference in a quality crimp. I am now able to use 18 gauge wire with a perfect crimp and fit.

I have started making speaker connector sets with straight leads, and 300Hz or 600Hz bass blockers. You can order through EBAY if you just want a simple plug-n-play install.

Here is the link to the straight leads (no bass blockers). Take a look at my "other auctions" for the bass blockers and single leads for the B&O folks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334544581113

Cale

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey all reading all this amazingness! Quick question, all I want to do is replace dash speakers in my 2022 Big Bend with a bass blocker and kicker KS 4”. Any simple advice?

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey all reading all this amazingness! Quick question, all I want to do is replace dash speakers in my 2022 Big Bend with a bass blocker and kicker KS 4”. Any simple advice?
I did a simple swap the speaker, soldered and shrink wrapped the wires. Worked fine and a huge improvement.

tdh1971

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Use a credit card to pop the grills off and cut and splice the wires. Easy job.
Sponsored