Sponsored

$500 Additional Required Ford deposit - Coming at order time!

DaveB02

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz GLE450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford should be more worried about cancellations due to delays than people needing to put more money down!
Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just had a long conversation with someone in the know about reservations, orders, etc. We got to discussing dealer penalties if a customer doesn't take delivery of their ordered Bronco. Rumor has it that to remedy this problem and weed out the non-serious buyers among us, Ford will require an additional refundable deposit of $500 to create our Bronco orders.

This makes sense to me and I've been surprised so far that we only need $100 for a reservation. I'm glad to put another $500 down and would be so even if it was non-refundable.

What do you guys think? Is it true? Will you care if it is true?
I am in for $500

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wait a minute while I go get another beer, all this drama makes me thirsty!!
Me too! I’ve been drinking for days now. I can’t find my July 1st reservation, Ford says it dosen’t exist and my dealer has never heard of me. I think I need another drink - lol

jcmhere

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep and 1975 vett
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just had a long conversation with someone in the know about reservations, orders, etc. We got to discussing dealer penalties if a customer doesn't take delivery of their ordered Bronco. Rumor has it that to remedy this problem and weed out the non-serious buyers among us, Ford will require an additional refundable deposit of $500 to create our Bronco orders.

This makes sense to me and I've been surprised so far that we only need $100 for a reservation. I'm glad to put another $500 down and would be so even if it was non-refundable.

I place my order with my dealer this morning (Olympia, WA) and did not supply any additional deposit. We even talked about financing terms, length of the terms, and how much the tax's will be. The taxes is what is killing me.

drobertson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ram 2500 6.7 , 2018 nissan murano platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just placed my order at my local dealer . They required 500 down I personally know the guy his reasoning was Ford is pushing for it cause large dealers used people they know to order Super Duty trucks so they had them on the lot and Ford caught on .

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't mind a $500 deposit for a MY21, but I should not have to put anything more down for a MY22 Bronco.

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No additional deposit above the $100 at my dealer. So what is an additional $500 refundable deposit going to accomplish? As the Buyer I can still walk away after delivery and get my refundable $500 deposit back, exactly how is that punishing the dealer?

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking up to dealer

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No offence, but first time buying a new vehicle?? Lol

DaveB02

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz GLE450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I asked my Dealer if he needed an additional $500 when ordering the Bronco yesterday and he told me "No" it is up to the individual Dealer whether they require it, not a FORD mandate.
Sponsored