PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Put up (down?) additional $400 at order time. Expected...
Sponsored

Vaquero61

Black Diamond
First Name
Irv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco,F150,Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just think it would be unfair if a person that put down a $100 In July, just did it to play the system. I've read too many posts of people giving up there only vehicles to save for the Bronco. Maybe there is some other way...any ideas?
Chevy marketed the mid-engine Vette this way and it worked for them. Ford's marketing genius has now upped the ante. The hype we are involved in is making Corporate happy. I think the good ole days of getting a buyer's order at competive Auto Mall Dealerships and making them compete for your business is over. No more tire kicking cars you can't afford or test drives redlining a yet to be broken in engine because the salesman wants to get away or borrowing the car to bring home to sweety to see if she'll approve? $100 to play is a cheap thrill we'll have to live with.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At this point, Ford dealerships should require a larger deposit. Maybe $5000 or $10,000 cash or be preapproved. This would clear out the people who ordered two or more, don't have the finances to afford it and the ones that just reserved a unit to sell it. What do you think?
Move up the buyers ready to purchase! :)

Hell I could pre pay mine, but I wouldn't. Money is in the bank.

My dealer told me in the beginning their policy is 500 down on any order. I explained to them about how Ford has explained it to work so, I said " no problem when I come down to place my order I will bring the cash. " When I went to place the order they were having computer errors and told me they would place it in the morning. I ask if they wanted some cash and then they responded, " No we will honor Fords $100 deposit only. " The next day at 11 am I got my order confirmation.

People will find a way to skirt the system no matter what is done. ;)

Just the gun debate. You can take them away but the bad guys will still get them.

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, 36 ford convertible, 59 MGA, 57 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

actually....

It's not a good idea. Why would you want to have to give a company more money before you actually get to own the product? In what world, is this ever a good idea? This is a bigly stupid idea.
That's about 1% of the order price. It would help weed out serious buyers but not break their bank. You and I will be waiting for our order because some 19 year old kid dropped $100 and ordered a BL with all the fixings (50-60k). Low and behold the kid can't afford it or even get financed. Now that Bronco is for sale on your dealers lot with a huge markup and you and I are still waiting in line. Some OC POS gets a call are rushes down to grab it and he didn't even have a reservation. You and I are both in SoCal, it's going to happen....a lot. 5-10k down no f-n way. $500 separates the boys from the men.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you're saying you didn't put an order in?
I did not. For two reasons.
1. I really want the Warthog. Check my previous posts, it's well known.
2. I want to really know what I'm getting before I buy.

I'm super pumped for the vehicle like everyone here (most). I just don't really consider it "available to the public" (ie---Me) until it's on the dealer's lots. If someone else is willing to stand in a line for a chance to get theirs before me, hey! Good for you! I used to sleep on the streets of downtown Milwaukee for Bucks playoff tickets! It was important to me (and fun). This is not in that category for me... ...I'm sure it is for many of you here!

And I do thank you all for your eagerness because it has raised a lot of good questions/debate/entertainment. I for one have enjoyed the wait and learned a lot.

Sponsored

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's about 1% of the order price. It would help weed out serious buyers but not break their bank. You and I will be waiting for our order because some 19 year old kid dropped $100 and ordered a BL with all the fixings (50-60k). Low and behold the kid can't afford it or even get financed. Now that Bronco is for sale on your dealers lot with a huge markup and you and I are still waiting in line. Some OC POS gets a call are rushes down to grab it and he didn't even have a reservation. You and I are both in SoCal, it's going to happen....a lot. 5-10k down no f-n way. $500 separates the boys from the men.
No, still a hard no. I never want to give a company money just to hold something. It's idiotic that any consumer would want this. The % of those darn kids reserving and bailing on the bronco is probably high in your head but in reality it is a very very small % and won't affect your order at all. Seriously, I could walk in today and buy 6 broncos cash right now but there is no way in hell that i should have to give ford a $5000 Fkin promise ring. GTFO

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Selfish/self centered

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, still a hard no. I never want to give a company money just to hold something. It's idiotic that any consumer would want this. The % of those darn kids reserving and bailing on the bronco is probably high in your head but in reality it is a very very small % and won't affect your order at all. Seriously, I could walk in today and buy 6 broncos cash right now but there is no way in hell that i should have to give ford a $5000 Fkin promise ring. GTFO
I think you are saying 10% down ($5000) not 1% down ($500). I have been buying from my Ford dealer for the last 15 years and my parent have been going there since the 80's. They have been very open about saying that a large number of people for many reasons that just fell off when they were asked to convert their order. He said there are plenty more that are ordering but try to figure out how they are going to pay for it. So, $5k, I don't think so. $500, I can justify that.

Sponsored

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you are saying 10% down ($5000) not 1% down ($500). I have been buying from my Ford dealer for the last 15 years and my parent have been going there since the 80's. They have been very open about saying that a large number of people for many reasons that just fell off when they were asked to convert their order. He said there are plenty more that are ordering but try to figure out how they are going to pay for it. So, $5k, I don't think so. $500, I can justify that.
yes, sorry.... my point is i want no amount of my money sitting in a ford account prior to me being able to sit in and purchase my bronco. Consumers already get fucked out of their hard earned money in 100 other ways, why add 1 more?

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes, sorry.... my point is i want no amount of my money sitting in a ford account prior to me being able to sit in and purchase my bronco. Consumers already get fucked out of their hard earned money in 100 other ways, why add 1 more?
Totally understand brother. Once you get your Bronco and head out this way, drop me a message and I will grab you a beer.
Sponsored