Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2024 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealership required $1000 for a reservation. Am I the only one that had to pay that? seems everyone else paid $100.
2dr, Base, Manual, VB
I put $1000 down as well and have no issue with it. Shows commitment on my part. It also gives me enough skin in the game that I can expect my dealer to be responsive and helpful in getting it as soon as possible.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this whole pre-order bullshit is a little too millennial for me. Just build the GD things and get them on the lots. Then we can all buy from dealer stock right off the bat, OR... OR... We could all test drive a real fricken vehicle and then decide if we are going to order just what we want or not...

This preorder crap is way too elite all around... Like a bunch of clamoring babies screaming me me me me me first!!!!!

The marketing machine has gotten to a few of you!

Sponsored

alyssakatherine

Outer Banks
First Name
Alyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Then that would mean less reservations and potentially less orders. Ford shareholders and dealers would not like that. Remember that us common-folk who buys their trucks and crossovers are not their customers, it is the dealers. And I would bet that shareholders are more important still.
What if I sell those 10 or so shares of Ford stock to put towards my deposit :ROFLMAO:

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you own the dealership you can put in whatever strategy you want to. We did deposits of $1,000 and we did waive some of those on an individual basis. Refinancing their house, medical issues in the family, etc. That said if someone orders one and doesn't take delivery (finish the purchase) you can rest assured that it will have an addendum and sold instantly to the first person with the ability to purchase it and at a premium. Sure I know of people who have the sole intention of selling their Bronco for a profit, however they are entitled to do just that. If they want to buy it from me then resell it more power to them. Either way it is a win win for the dealership. Not to mention some of the finer details here, lets say we did do 5k deposits, fine then the card company charges the dealership 3-5% of that total so $200 a pop, yet we are not allowed to pass that on to the consumer. So 200 orders at $200 a pop is $40,000.. this makes zero sense. Furthermore, I would say that 90%+ of those who came in to order their Bronco have expendible income. We had many first time to Ford customers come order one and lets just say I am not concerned about any of them being able to afford it. Half of them could likely write a check for the dealership. If you want yours sooner and have the financial means then simply buy the first one that comes in unspoken for. I know that there are a bunch of first editions that were handed out with no reservation and are already at the plant, so likely the first to arrive and will go for well over MSRP.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this whole pre-order bullshit is a little too millennial for me. Just build the GD things and get them on the lots. Then we can all buy from dealer stock right off the bat, OR... OR... We could all test drive a real fricken vehicle and then decide if we are going to order just what we want or not...

This preorder crap is way too elite all around... Like a bunch of clamoring babies screaming me me me me me first!!!!!

The marketing machine has gotten to a few of you!
So you're saying you didn't put an order in?

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
At this point, Ford dealerships should require a larger deposit. Maybe $5000 or $10,000 cash or be preapproved. This would clear out the people who ordered two or more, don't have the finances to afford it and the ones that just reserved a unit to sell it. What do you think?
Move up the buyers ready to purchase! :)
Nope. My commitment is $100 refundable. No further commitment. I get to test drive my Bronco, then I will buy. That is fair. My dealer trust me and I trust my dealer. That is the way it should be.

Also, it is very hard to "sell" a brand new Bronco. It will depreciate immediately. You lose taxes and transfer fees. You are better off buying Ford Stock and hope that it goes up.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I only paid the initial 100, my dealer did not want any extra deposit and also will honor xplan which I thought is nice.
Would I have put down 5k? Absolutely not. I had thought they might ask for 1k at time of order, so it was a nice surprise that they did not.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not putting 5-10k down on a 35k vehicle. If that EVER happened someone else would get my money..

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point, Ford dealerships should require a larger deposit. Maybe $5000 or $10,000 cash or be preapproved. This would clear out the people who ordered two or more, don't have the finances to afford it and the ones that just reserved a unit to sell it. What do you think?
Move up the buyers ready to purchase! :)
You have now been banned from the forum. Please return your pineapple pizza card at the front desk along with your flannel shirt and may god have NO mercy on your soul.

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, 36 ford convertible, 59 MGA, 57 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's a pretty good idea. $5k is a steep but $500-1000 seems reasonable. If you can't come up with $500 from July 2020 to March 2021 , how do you expect to come up with $500+ every month for the next 72 months? The cutting in line isn't going to come from the people placing $500 to 1k down, it's going to come from 50% of the orders with people backing out and the wealthy coming in and paying a markup to get that order.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one can give you 6% on a fixed account. If that were the case, I'll pay for the vehicle now.
actually....
I think it's a pretty good idea. $5k is a steep but $500-1000 seems reasonable. If you can't come up with $500 from July 2020 to March 2021 , how do you expect to come up with $500+ every month for the next 72 months? The cutting in line isn't going to come from the people placing $500 to 1k down, it's going to come from 50% of the orders with people backing out and the wealthy coming in and paying a markup to get that order.
It's not a good idea. Why would you want to have to give a company more money before you actually get to own the product? In what world, is this ever a good idea? This is a bigly stupid idea.
Sponsored