Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Quick backstory.....have upgraded from BASE System to changing all 6 speakers, kicker key 200.4 - about 1.5 years ago. Recently upgraded to Kicker TRTP10 Sub, LC2i Pro and JL Audio 500.1 Amp. And.......as a recent post will show - I have been Reeeeeaally trying to get my system tuned perfectly. it was almost to a point that it sounded better than before I got the sub......Then I changed out the Kick Panel Speakers to MORELs (Kicker CS to Morel Maximo Ultra 602).

In one of my previous posts, a member did talk about how "rich and full" the MORELs sound. My Kicker CS Speakers were definitely better than the stock ones of course, but the MORELs take it to another level. I do have a bass-control knob, but constantly having to fiddle with it was getting annoying. Not to mention the back-and-forth of going into the trunk and adjusting all the dials....gain, bass boost, threshold. level, LPF, etc....OMG. These MORELs actually sounded so good they helped me balance out the system so well - I found the sweet spot! It sort of brought everything together and I had to compensate less with the sub in the rear to bridge that gap with the lower-mid to low frequencies. The moment I "GOT IT" and had the right settings I was kinda blown away by the quality of the music. It may not be a crazy multi component system with a MoBridge Amp but man.....it does sound UH-mazing.

So here you can even see the comparative pics I took of the Kicker vs MOREL speakers and the build quality is pretty obvious. If anyone is looking to upgrade and is on the fence......MORELs are a definite yes in my book. The quality your ears will receive, will not disappoint. Yes, you are going from around $75 to $190.....but that price difference does not even come close to how much better the MORELs are. I hope this is somewhat helpful and do feel free to ask me anything about my setup and if I can help!

Ford Bronco 6 1/2 Kick Panel Speaker UPGRADE - Kicker to Morel IMG_7165

Ford Bronco 6 1/2 Kick Panel Speaker UPGRADE - Kicker to Morel IMG_7170

Ford Bronco 6 1/2 Kick Panel Speaker UPGRADE - Kicker to Morel IMG_7167

Ford Bronco 6 1/2 Kick Panel Speaker UPGRADE - Kicker to Morel IMG_7166

Ford Bronco 6 1/2 Kick Panel Speaker UPGRADE - Kicker to Morel IMG_7168

Ford Bronco 6 1/2 Kick Panel Speaker UPGRADE - Kicker to Morel IMG_7169
Ford Bronco 6 1/2 Kick Panel Speaker UPGRADE - Kicker to Morel IMG_7168
Sponsored

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I hate to say, "I told you so". ;)
Well, no need to hate "saying it" - You only do that if I doubted you. Hahahahahaha!!! ;)

I never doubted! :cool:

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have read many times on 6G that a lot of people say that changing the kick panel speakers really do not make a difference. I am glad you found your balance after all that work.

Sound is different for all and I am not one to argue with them but I agree with you. You need to pair and match the right speaker frequencies to fulfill the sound stage that you are looking for.

I went with RockfordFosgate Punch 6.5" in the kick panels and the sound changed dramatically in a very good way. I like more mid-bass and I would never change it back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have read many times on 6G that a lot of people say that changing the kick panel speakers really do not make a difference. I am glad you found your balance after all that work.

Sound is different for all and I am not one to argue with them but I agree with you. You need to pair and match the right speaker frequencies to fulfill the sound stage that you are looking for.

I went with RockfordFosgate Punch 6.5" in the kick panels and the sound changed dramatically in a very good way. I like more mid-bass and I would never change it back.
Yes :) I mean also did go for 1 1/2 years with JUST the 6 speakers and no sub. For that time period the Kicker CSs were great actually. But then after the addition of the 10in enclosure, it was just difficult to get it "perfect." I even turned OFF the DSP on the Kicker Key amp and it just sounds complete.

.............maybe when the MORELs break-in I could run the DSP again.......#rabbithole :cwl::clap::crackup::crazy: (they do say using the USB key for the pink noise is a BIG difference from iphone direct......)

misterspivey

Wildtrak
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hate to say, "I told you so". ;)
Hahaha. I hate to hear you say "I told you so" too. That's why I followed your advice from a previous thread and installed the Morels from the get-go. And so glad I did. They sound amazing.

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the BnO system. Would these do any good with the stock amp, or would it be too underpowered and sound like nothing.

RideClimbNJ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m looking to make the same upgrade to my kick panels. What’s the exact model of those Morels? Did you need an adapter plate? If so can you share what you used?

Sponsored

EtiownBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with kicker KS components with the tweeter mounted in the mids and KS 4.5 coaxials for the dash. What a difference. The mids are much more pronounced with highs not being so sharp.

EtiownBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with kicker KS components with the tweeter mounted in the mids and KS 4.5 coaxials for the dash. What a difference. The mids are much more pronounced with highs not being so sharp.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the BnO system. Would these do any good with the stock amp, or would it be too underpowered and sound like nothing.
ANY aftermarket speaker you swap out from the B&O stock system will sound WAY better. And the MORELs......are miles above the speakers they put in the Bronco. I would recommend, however, changing not just the kick-panel speakers but, at the very least, the Dash and Center as well. I have Hertz 100.3 in my dash and they sound amazing. You have the center channel speaker option and I wish I did :)

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ha! I already did hertz 1003. I love them - tried some polks and they were too harsh. What would you put in the center? Is it used? Seem only Siri, but I’m probably wrong.
Sponsored