Sponsored

6.5" Kicker Panels Speakers in B&O - Are They Full Range??

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installing my new speakers, sub and dash are done (sounding much better, rear pods are next), however the 6.5" kicker panel speakers don't have any high-range. The new speakers are Focal ACX 6.5s, 2-way coax, the high-ends are non existent compared to the 3 dash ACX 4"s. Just curious at this point, not what I expected. Glad I didn't spend $300+ on the 6.5s.

No need to mention aftermarket amps and crossovers, have all that in a box from my younger days, I'm not going there right now. :)
Sponsored

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installing my new speakers, sub and dash are done (sounding much better, rear pods are next), however the 6.5" kicker panel speakers don't have any high-range. The new speakers are Focal ACX 6.5s, 2-way coax, the high-ends are non existent compared to the 3 dash ACX 4"s. Just curious at this point, not what I expected. Glad I didn't spend $300+ on the 6.5s.

No need to mention aftermarket amps and crossovers, have all that in a box from my younger days, I'm not going there right now. :)
Not sure. Curious what you did for the sub though. I think the Focal ACX 4" sound pretty good. I'm starting to change my tune that it was worth it. Just needed to drive around a bit and listen to more songs.

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
They should get full range but they are a woofer only so you probably won’t get much for highs out of them. I think that’s why a lot of people replacing the kick panel speakers with two ways are disappointed. I replaced mine with woofers and they are great for midrange bass. Pairs nicely with the two ways in the dash and the rear pods have enough fill to balance it out. Also have an 8” sub that hits the lows nice.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you have the B&O, dash and kicks are going through the DSP, which is only sending mid range to the kicks. Not sure why your expecting highs down there, that’s for the dash.

And you don’t need to modify the enclosure for that sub. Just pop the plastic ring off.

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Been there done that. No highs to 6.5's unfortunately. So stupid.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The kicks get more than mid range, all the low is there and some highs but I didn't measure the roll off. No need for highs down there anyways.

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks all. Topic can be closed.

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I am adding a 12 in punch for full base. I am also adding boxed 6.5 focal performance 165ac under the rear seats off an small old kenwood amp. My installer suggested I don’t change out my b&o speakers because they were made to work with the deck, but they sound like shit IMO…

suggestions? Should I change out more or all speakers? Are there really crappy paper speakers with b&o? Is there a certain rated speakers where I could get away with swapping out the speakerswithout having to add an amp for them or audio controller?

love to hear the thoughts of others in the know.

Victoryengineer

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kubota 7040, Polaris 570, Victory MC, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Should finish everything today, I'll try the Forescan settings for the rear.

I did this one,
Kicker 44CWCD84 CompC 8 Inch 4 Ohm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7QMXWW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Great upgrade, requires modifying the enclosure to mount, down to one rattle.
Have you hooked the sub up yet? Another 6g post had problems getting an aftermarket sub to work. I watched an Audi upgrade video recently where he wired a dvc 4 ohm sub in series to present an 8 ohm resistance to the B&O amp.

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you hooked the sub up yet? Another 6g post had problems getting an aftermarket sub to work. I watched an Audi upgrade video recently where he wired a dvc 4 ohm sub in series to present an 8 ohm resistance to the B&O amp.
Zero issues with the sub and OEM amp. I would think the OEM amp would want the DVC wired in parallel.

I've gone a bit deeper, two amps and the NAV-TV ZEN-A2B / DSP12A-A2B Audio which replaces the OEM amp completely. Now I have full DSP control for every channel, I can mix channels and do what ever I want. Putting the Bronco back together now, I'll update my build thread this weekend. I finally have some mid-bass from the kick speakers but sill lacking, may install some baffles.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Zero issues with the sub and OEM amp. I would think the OEM amp would want the DVC wired in parallel.

I've gone a bit deeper, two amps and the NAV-TV ZEN-A2B / DSP12A-A2B Audio which replaces the OEM amp completely. Now I have full DSP control for every channel, I can mix channels and do what ever I want. Putting the Bronco back together now, I'll update my build thread this weekend. I finally have some mid-bass from the kick speakers but sill lacking, may install some baffles.
I may go that route (Zen-A2B) eventually. If I could drop the B&O and keep the rest of the Lux package I would.

Sassy51

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Blk BD 2.3 Auto - 1/11/22+9/21/22 11/29/22
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They should get full range but they are a woofer only so you probably won’t get much for highs out of them. I think that’s why a lot of people replacing the kick panel speakers with two ways are disappointed. I replaced mine with woofers and they are great for midrange bass. Pairs nicely with the two ways in the dash and the rear pods have enough fill to balance it out. Also have an 8” sub that hits the lows nice.
i'm curious if the subs in the kick panel cause a lot of rattle... i've found some interesting low-pro 6.5 sub woofers but i thought adding them in the kick panel would rattle the whole dash.. even with dynomat or whatever.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
i'm curious if the subs in the kick panel cause a lot of rattle... i've found some interesting low-pro 6.5 sub woofers but i thought adding them in the kick panel would rattle the whole dash.. even with dynomat or whatever.
I can feel them but they don’t rattle my dash. I did put dynomat behind them and filled voids with polyfill. I’m more than happy with the sound so far.
Sponsored