Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was sitting at a stop light admiring the Area 51 Bronco Wildtrak with a Hardtop next to me. It was gorgeous. My concerns about $4.69 per-gallon gas just melted away. I try not to bug my dealer much, but I had to hit him up. I emailed the guy I'm working with at the dealership and the general sales manager just to ask what they were seeing. I reserved about 12 hours after the Bronco reservations went live. We removed a few things from the Bronco to try to speed things up. We have a Bronco Hammock, Poster, Desk Calendar, and some other stuff. But what we don't have is any effing clue what we are looking at. The dealership has no idea.

I don't need an exact date (though that would be nice). I just asked if it's likely going to be 2023 now, and they couldn't even tell me that.

I'm sure Ford is suffering with the supply chain issues and the remnants of the COVID-19 crisis. I'm sure making 139 billion in Revenue and 17.9 billion in profit in 2021 (The highest since 2013) will help dry Ford's tears. More profit on significantly less total revenue for Ford. Well, hopefully I get another package from them. Maybe a little Bronco Hotwheels this time.
Hour 2 reservation here (never got scheduled then was given GT for Raptor). Long story short, It's Ford's fault with their bullshit allocation formula.

Last November, a friend walked into his local dealer and was scheduled the following week. He took delivery of it early last month.
Sponsored

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Figure that part of the profits had to be that $100 reservation fee that implied that we were in line. I've heard that there were about 125,000 reservations converted to orders, that's 12.5 million dollars. Then five months after accepting reservations was the first mention of Dealer allocation being part of the formula for calculating when our builds would happen.

Hang in there, it's all we can do. Hoping that the wait will be worth it for all of us.
Each of those $100 deposits is at your dealer.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the priority code on your orders? I reserved 8/26/2020. Ordered 10/16/ 2021. Delivered 3/12/2022. I had a priority code of 10 on my order from the get go. I would say my dealership would be rated as a well established large volume. Not the biggest by volume in the region but large none the less.
2D BL, auto 2.3 ,lux , MGV , cap bumper, roof rack. No tow, no Sasquatch. 150 days from order to garage. Over 525days from reservation to garage.

OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What is the priority code on your orders? I reserved 8/26/2020. Ordered 10/16/ 2021. Delivered 3/12/2022. I had a priority code of 10 on my order from the get go. I would say my dealership would be rated as a well established large volume. Not the biggest by volume in the region but large none the less.
2D BL, auto 2.3 ,lux , MGV , cap bumper, roof rack. No tow, no Sasquatch. 150 days from order to garage. Over 525days from reservation to garage.
I don't know what priority code I have or how to find that. Is that something your dealer told you?
My dealer has told me that a Bronco similar to yours would have been way faster.

Sponsored

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
AAAAAnnndddd, you'll see it again!
Seems like you'd expect to see people talking about frustration with the order process on the "ordering" section of a Bronco Forum. :)

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know what priority code I have or how to find that. Is that something your dealer told you?
My dealer has told me that a Bronco similar to yours would have been way faster.
On your order the dealer assigns a priority code. Usually 10 thru19. If your code is a 99, the order has basically been suspended until the code is changed to a lower code. If your dealer told you a two door model like mine would have been way faster to obtain, well your dealer is uninformed. Two doors were the unicorn for the longest time due to the MIC top.

pjbinns

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Today is my 1 year anniversary, of course as expected still waiting. Trying to get in my mind that it will be at minimum a 2 year wait, more likely pushing 3 years.

Milestone days like today's 1 year anniversary are tough, especially knowing someone who ordered the same build, constrained in January, and is tracking their built Bronco in transit to their dealer as we speak. 2.5 months for some, 2.5 years for others. This disparity is what is frustrating so many people.

Honestly, I think Ford rolled the dice, hoping that old stale orders and reservation holders would just keep pretty quiet and accept being passed over with hollow reasoning, but I think more people need to make some noise. It's literally the only tool people have to hold them accountable for sacrificing customers for top end corporate gain. The executives will be getting big FAT bonus' based on their hollow/sham production numbers; numbers they achieved at the expense of their most loyal customers who they willingly threw under the bus.

I get the premise, why make one bronco that is constrained by semiconductor chips, when you could build 2 base broncos ordered last month with the same amount of chips (i know the ratio isn't 2-1)? Like all greedy decisions, Ford will feel the reverberations and pain of this eventually. They may sell a lot of new Broncos, but many of their brand loyalist customers (ones they clearly don't care for) will never buy a Ford of any kind again after this, and that will hurt. Short sightedness is where all corporate executives fail, but in this world, they fail up with a nice big severance to ease their non-existent concern.

I know people will defend Ford, but it's not the waiting that is at the root of everyone's frustration, it's the gaslighting and lack of honesty/transparency. Blaming a global shortage that every other manufacturer deals with in a much better (smarter) way. Ford could prioritize reservations, they could get those built with minimal loss in their massive profits, but they choose not to. Ford purposely made the conscious and calculated decision to change to their allocation formula, they knew it would be bad for customers, but they also decided they do not care, nor will they think twice about it. So just keep holding their feet to the fire when you can, challenge their assumptions that it is okay to keep operating in this way. Customers have some power too and are not just numbers to be thrown around in board meetings.

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dealership lying! Not sharing information! I'm aghast! Just shocked!🤯

BTW, I'm a relative newcomer - only 631 days for me (so far...)
And here I am complaining about my 477 day wait. I will show myself out.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People in this thread talking about "people in front of him". If he really did reserve 12 hours after launch, at this rate how can there still be people in front of him? Unless OP lives in the middle of nowhere and his dealer hasn't gotten any Broncos at all, I feel like he should've been AT LEAST scheduled for prod.

Very werid comments talking about allocation at the dealer when OP is probably damn near #1.
Ford uses a formula to determine how many Broncos are sent to each dealer. That formula currently uses factors like how many bronco sports did they sell last period, how many Wranglers are registered in the zip code, all sorts of things, however they do not take into account anything about Bronco sales, reservations or reservation orders. If your dealer doesn't have the numbers in the non-bronco categories that the formula uses, they get no Broncos, doesn't matter if they have the last 500 reservation orders in the country. Ford does not care, the only thing a reservation is now good for as far as build order is that (if a dealer gets allocations) and there are two builds and only parts to build one, the earlier reservation at that dealer gets it.

A small dealer that only gets 3 a month might have 100 orders and those people will be waiting for literally years while a dealer who has 50 orders might get 20 a month and fill those orders right quick. That is what they mean by people being jumped in front of early reservations.

Ford will fill dealer stock first even if 25K reservations are the exact same build if the dealer getting the stock has allocations and the other dealers do not.

The short answer is the allocation formula is not evenly applied to reservations because it doesn't consider them at all.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hour 2 reservation here (never got scheduled then was given GT for Raptor). Long story short, It's Ford's fault with their bullshit allocation formula.

Last November, a friend walked into his local dealer and was scheduled the following week. He took delivery of it early last month.
The allocation formula is in place because the dealer’s organization demanded it. I don’t think Ford wanted to use it to begin with. It has caused them nothing but headaches.

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was sitting at a stop light admiring the Area 51 Bronco Wildtrak with a Hardtop next to me. It was gorgeous. My concerns about $4.69 per-gallon gas just melted away. I try not to bug my dealer much, but I had to hit him up. I emailed the guy I'm working with at the dealership and the general sales manager just to ask what they were seeing. I reserved about 12 hours after the Bronco reservations went live. We removed a few things from the Bronco to try to speed things up. We have a Bronco Hammock, Poster, Desk Calendar, and some other stuff. But what we don't have is any effing clue what we are looking at. The dealership has no idea.

I don't need an exact date (though that would be nice). I just asked if it's likely going to be 2023 now, and they couldn't even tell me that.

I'm sure Ford is suffering with the supply chain issues and the remnants of the COVID-19 crisis. I'm sure making 139 billion in Revenue and 17.9 billion in profit in 2021 (The highest since 2013) will help dry Ford's tears. More profit on significantly less total revenue for Ford. Well, hopefully I get another package from them. Maybe a little Bronco Hotwheels this time.
I could write the same post. hang tough my friend.

Teh_Chonco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Land Rover LR4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Long time lurker to B6G and finally fed up and need to vent.

• Reservation 7.23.20. #NoVINgang
  • Order submitted at the deadline 3.19.21 (although my confirmation email came in on 3.22.21). Dealer says it didn't matter what date I got my order in so I dragged my feet here.
  • Changed my order from OB to BD and added a few things that would get me delays (SAS, tow). Received a new confirmation 11.22.21.
  • From about Jan to early Mar 22, I was waffling between upgrading my trim and removing troublesome parts (tow and MIC). Most of the time, the dealer wouldn't return my calls and when they did acted like they didn't know what the impacts of changes would do in speeding up my order.
  • A few weeks ago, I got fed up and went to my dealer in person to Karen as much as I could. What I learned:
    • They bumped me to a priority code 11 on the spot (WTF, why didn't they do this sooner??)
    • Had to remove hard top and tow.
  • Last week I called Ford Marketing and while they could not obviously provide a build date, my production date "won't be long".
  • FWIW I wrote to one of the owners on FB. No response yet.
Also through the dealer grapevine, my dealership has been accused of violating the Ford customer list integrity policy and lost allocations for three months.

How bad did I screw this up vs. how evil is my dealership?

tallboy33

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • They bumped me to a priority code 11 on the spot (WTF, why didn't they do this sooner??)
  • Had to remove hard top and tow.
Bumped from what to 11?
Removing MIC and Tow only increases your chances. No guarantees and you don't have to remove them, it's optional.

They say your production date won't be long. Ok, sounds like a lot like "Hang In There"

I hope you get it soon. Hope we all do.
Sponsored