First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the unit bearing Bronco or Spidertrax????

Just curious how much OEM is reused. I know Quinn had stated it was more in the Bronco than the Taco.
I don't think spidertrax makes an abs one, but I could be wrong. I do know it uses the stock abs sensor, which Quinn was quite proud of! They might have had something made for it though
Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like the Bronco needed to air down some more...all of them for that matter.

The portals performed nicely - they are definitley on my must have list. The Taco did pretty good considering the open diffs.

Last edited:

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Curious as to why the Stellar Toy was not with them at the end.....???....

Sponsored
OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spoke with Quinn at 74Weld yesterday (about the steering rack) and he said they are working on a portal foundry process that could be ready by EOY 2024. At this point, that may be when I actually have the cash together, so maybe I'll be getting the foundry portals. He did say they'd be "a little cheaper". The only way to make them a lot cheaper is to make a lot more, though, so make sure and mention it to your friends!

I also asked about the 38's instead of 40's and he gave the most Quinn response: "Cuz you don't need 'em." He also said there are more trails you can do with 38's that 40's can't do. I don't think I can accurately summarize his reasoning. Basically, he doesn't think you want 40's, even if the portals allow it.

Here's a cool video showing all the benefits of portals on stock compared to a very cool but I'm sure very expensive custom Jeep build. Note the actual numbers given; they're identical or better and oh-by-the-way you only bolt on portals*, as opposed to the hugely expensive Orthopedic Therapy rig he compares it to with a lot of big updates.

Hopefully some of y'all start getting your delivery soon!

* Plus the regear update.

Last edited:
OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody know if we can remove the BL bump stop and get more travel once we have portals installed?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anybody know if we can remove the BL bump stop and get more travel once we have portals installed?

I don't see why you couldn't. You do however have to always keep that in the back of your mind. I do not have bump stops anymore. If taking a hard bump it is very easy to bottom out the shock causing damage to it.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the reason for avoiding 40s is the stress it puts on everything. Portals increase your odds of twisting an axle tube and then adding even more tire doesn't help. This almost ties into the Hoss 3.0 steering thread as portals increase the scrub radius. Your getting into more issues trying to steer a 40 inch tire when it's on a higher offset. 40s are doable but your into the heavy modification required.

I think the sell with portals is the fact they are bolt on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see why you couldn't. You do however have to always keep that in the back of your mind. I do not have bump stops anymore. If taking a hard bump it is very easy to bottom out the shock causing damage to it.
Ok, I was thinking the bump stop was just to prevent rub but it also helps overextending the shock?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, I was thinking the bump stop was just to prevent rub but it also helps overextending the shock?
Just the opposite, prevents the shock from fully compressing and hitting metal to metal.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I removed my bumpstops and cut them shorter. Only issue I encountered was the whoops at Silver lake dunes, but not sure how much the bumpstop woulda helped. Definitely had to watch my speed over the whoops. The high speed sand section of 7 mile rim in Moab was no problem though, in fact I found myself trying to get enough speed to bunny hop it. I left the bottom inch or so and put them back on, just as a little cushion before the big WHAM! Crawling scenarios, or the street are no problem at all!

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just the opposite, prevents the shock from fully compressing and hitting metal to metal.
Learning new things! So why does the non-Sas BL not have them?

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
There should be no valid reason to remove the bump stop from the shock. Bump stops keep the shocks from bottoming out metal on metal, also keeps tires from ripping your fenders off. Sure, in theory if you were to remove the bump stops you may gain a little bit of up travel, but you risk a lot by doing so. Bottoming out a Bronco at speed with no bumps will not feel good.
Sponsored