1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who is using little ol 38's????
🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
At full stuff and backing up I get rub.
This is about how much I trained
1000013919.jpg

I think that is enough but it is not if I use sway bar disconnect. Gotta play with it to fine tune it.
Might just go to a 1 or 1.5 body and I think that would fix all kinds like @Bmadda did
Order these x6, and the front 2 bolts are M12x1.75. Can't remember the length, but IIRC 195-220mm. Those are easy to source. The main 6 are a really unusual thread size. This part# works perfect and looks factory!

20240215_083713.jpg

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Order these x6, and the front 2 bolts are M12x1.75. Can't remember the length, but IIRC 195-220mm. Those are easy to source. The main 6 are a really unusual thread size. This part# works perfect and looks factory!

Ford Bronco 74Weld Bronco Portals now available! 20240215_083713
Awesome thanks when I get back I will definitely look into that. Down in Florida doing a run with the raptor! T.O.R.R club!!

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This was going to be one of my first mods to my truck until I read through the king of the hammer rule book and realized as soon as I chopped them off the truck would never be eligible again to run in the 4600 class. No I don't think I'm ever going to have the truck racing there but I just like to leave the options open for the truck itself in case someone else buys it and the future and wanted to do something with it. I think this rule needs to be changed and it likely is overlooked on Ford's race trucks because there's look to have been chopped off and modified in some fashion. So I left my original OEM mounts on there and just cut everything else off around the outside of them clear the 40s.
I'll probably order these now anyways, because I'm now planning more than 14" of wheel travel, so that in itself knocks it out of 4600 class...there's always the EMC, lol.

Last edited:

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This was going to be one of my first mods to my truck until I read through the king of the hammer rule book and realized as soon as I chopped them off the truck would never be eligible again to run in the 4600 class. No I don't think I'm ever going to have the truck racing there but I just like to leave the options open for the truck itself in case someone else buys it and the future and wanted to do something with it. I think this rule needs to be changed and it likely is overlooked on Ford's race trucks because there's look to have been chopped off and modified in some fashion. So I left my original OEM mounts on there and just cut everything else off around the outside of them clear the 40s.
I'll probably order these now anyways, because I'm now planning more than 14" of wheel travel, so that in itself knocks it out of 4600 class...there's always the EMC, lol.
Not true, this Bronco races in the 4600 class and his are chopped...

Second pic in this post...

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think you are interpreting the rule correctly. As I understand it it bans the complete removal of any body mounts, but thats not what these kits do, they replace the mount w/a high clearance version. I would ask a tech official for clarity, but thats how I read it. (Full disclosure, I did get us DQed in stock car racing at least once)

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think you are interpreting the rule correctly. As I understand it it bans the complete removal of any body mounts, but thats not what these kits do, they replace the mount w/a high clearance version. I would ask a tech official for clarity, but thats how I read it. (Full disclosure, I did get us DQed in stock car racing at least once)
@StinkBug Do you know if using the crash bar replacement mounts would disqualify you from running KOH?

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@StinkBug Do you know if using the crash bar replacement mounts would disqualify you from running KOH?
That's an interesting question. I haven't scratch built a 4600 car since 2012, and haven't raced the class since 2018ish, and was Racing an XJ the last few years so that rule didn't really apply. Originally though the only way you could modify the body mounts was to allow for the roll cage. In the LJ i simply designed the cage to interfere with the body mounts so that i could move them. With the rules as they were then i don't believe it would be legal to cut the whole structure off and run the SFR brackets. However i seem to remember some discussion about that rule being changed in the last few years. I'd have to look at the rulebook to know for sure.

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just looked at the current rulebook and it doesn't look like it has changed. The wording isn't the best as it's a bit circular, but basically it still says you can't modify or remove body mounts. In this specific case I feel like you could make the argument that all the metal outboard of the actual mount is crash bar structure, not body mount, and is therefore legal to remove, but the body mount itself must remain.

Screenshot_20240219_111403_Drive.jpg

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just looked at the current rulebook and it doesn't look like it has changed. The wording isn't the best as it's a bit circular, but basically it still says you can't modify or remove body mounts. In this specific case I feel like you could make the argument that all the metal outboard of the actual mount is crash bar structure, not body mount, and is therefore legal to remove, but the body mount itself must remain.

Ford Bronco 74Weld Bronco Portals now available! Screenshot_20240219_111403_Drive
☝ @BigMeatsBronco @Bmadda @orion

Sponsored
OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whoever wrote that should stick to their career in politics. I would ask a tech official if it mattered to me (which it doesn't)
Man, that's an odd response. StinkyFab has built and raced at KOH, I would think it's just an opinion but one based on his experience. I don't really see anything political about it?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, that's an odd response. StinkyFab has built and raced at KOH, I would think it's just an opinion but one based on his experience. I don't really see anything political about it?
Sorry, it was sarcasm! Stock car rules are the same way...like a politician wrote them! The tech officials will tell you what you can and can't do in plain english (usually)

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, it was sarcasm! Stock car rules are the same way...like a politician wrote them! The tech officials will tell you what you can and can't do in plain english (usually)
Oh you mean the rule! I thought you meant how it was interpreted by StinkyFab.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh you mean the rule! I thought you meant how it was interpreted by StinkyFab.
Ya the rule! No issue w/StinkyFab! I think the rule was created to keep the body/frame mounting the same as oe as far as position of mounts, and number of mounts, not to specifically ban what we commonly do on 6g Bronco. But I would want to hear that from a tech official (if I were to compete), and I would refer to that conversation if it were ever questioned. Went through TONS of this in dirt track racing...competitor: "hey that's illegal!" Me: "Go ask the tech inspector...cause I did and he said it's fine". Don't miss all those conversations one bit!
Sponsored