Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would just (wart)hog both lanes 😎

Oh ya would not fit through starbucks drive through lol
I meen, ya gotta have priorities. Technically, it does fit if you can ride on the kerb. :LOL:

Really, I think those two sitting next to each are good extremes. You have the stock, well-built Braptor with all the next level (to the non-Raptor Broncos) bits that has good but not great clearance. Or you have a regular Bronco on these portals (I would consider that stock) with goofy clearance but stock shocks/etc. Clearance isn't everything, but neither is articulation.

So let's be real, the best of both worlds is an upfitted WT w/portals, AntiRocks and TWO DOORS!!! lol :whistle:
Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The point I get from this is, if you can afford a Braptor and really want to do serious technical stuff in a streetable 6G Bronco. For about the same money as a Brapter you can have a lot more ground clearance with a “regular” Bronco on portals.

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The point I get from this is, if you can afford a Braptor and really want to do serious technical stuff in a streetable 6G Bronco. For about the same money as a Brapter you can have a lot more ground clearance with a “regular” Bronco on portals.
Ford Bronco 74Weld compares Bronco Raptor vs. Bronco on portals 1709517087004

Sponsored

TruckCamper

Base
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 on 37s. 2021 Tacoma (manual)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It would be interesting to see the Raptor vs Portal on some trails... Raptor is such a well balanced machine and proven on many technical trails. I'll bet that the advantage would swing depending on obstacle.

Strange to consider the Raptor is the value option in this comparison.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
His website states portals for all Raptor vehicles currently in development.
I'm riding the stage 3 on his portals with stock WT 2Dr suspension and dropped to a 410 axle ratio 37's nittos on +35 bead grips. They're pretty quiet. The only thing I hear is a little clickety click from about 8 mph down when I'm stopping

PXL_20240223_231109481~2.jpg

PXL_20240223_231126246~2.jpg

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It would be interesting to see the Raptor vs Portal on some trails... Raptor is such a well balanced machine and proven on many technical trails. I'll bet that the advantage would swing depending on obstacle.

Strange to consider the Raptor is the value option in this comparison.
The front LCAs I dont get hung up on at all, but the rear is a huge problem even my lifted braptor on true 37s. For reference my center skid plate is at 16" vs 14 1/4, but the LCA's there is a huge difference using portals. He's on 38s and portals puts his center clearance at 18" and has miles of more clearance at the lower mount points front and back.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Cool video. I wanna know if his Bronco is still “mostly bone stock” or did the new shocks change anything. Haha just kidding. Seriously interesting video. All outside of my pocketbook but I can dream
He has individual walk around videos detailing every mod for each of his vehicles on You Tube. He also talks about keeping everything stock but now that it has been over a year he is now feeling comfortable in moding said vehicles.

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool video. I wanna know if his Bronco is still “mostly bone stock” or did the new shocks change anything. Haha just kidding. Seriously interesting video. All outside of my pocketbook but I can dream
I don't know if I'd characterize that 4dr WT as stock per se. I think he's only referring to the suspension. It's got lots of mods: ADV fenders, stage 2 rack, AntiRocks, may be some other things. The white 2dr WT he said he was trying to keep that stock outside of the rack/tie rods.

Interestingly, he also mentions he's waiting for the ADV top like all the other presumed buyers.

Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think I am of the 1% that would want them... I am just fortunate enough to be able to afford them at this time....

I was looking at Portals before I ever heard of 74 Weld.... I looked a Unimog stuff which led me to Tibus (long before BB was BB)... Which lead me to Werewolf... I really was leaning toward Werewolf....

Tibus was accusing Were wolf of stealing "his design" He was talking a lot of shit on line about Werewolf".... Started posting pics on line that were out of context and where the owner (of vehicle involved in said pics) denied Wolfgang's claims and was still 100% behind Werewolf....

Funny how this shit plays out similarly every where you go....

Then I learned of 74 Weld.... I was interested but they were not making portals for anyone but racers at that time.... I took it as a sign when they released the Bronco portals almost the same day I got my Bronco...

I was not on this forum... But I have been researching portals for a long long time....

And now I am convinced that the 74 Weld steering rack is a much much bigger game changer.
I don't know if I'd characterize that 4dr WT as stock per se. I think he's only referring to the suspension. It's got lots of mods: ADV fenders, stage 2 rack, AntiRocks, may be some other things. The white 2dr WT he said he was trying to keep that stock outside of the rack/tie rods.

Interestingly, he also mentions he's waiting for the ADV top like all the other presumed buyers.

My dry humor does not translate well over text:( haha. I was referencing a video he made awhile ago where he kept referring to his Bronco as “mostly stock” while it sat there with 50k in mods. There were a lot of funny comments regarding that point on the video. That’s what drove the comment (meant as a joke).

@5GENIDN

OP
OP
userdude

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dry humor does not translate well over text:( haha. I was referencing a video he made awhile ago where he kept referring to his Bronco as “mostly stock” while it sat there with 50k in mods. There were a lot of funny comments regarding that point on the video. That’s what drove the comment (meant as a joke).

@5GENIDN
Yeah, the whole "bone stock" thing is a little grating. Especially when you can see mods. He does seem to say he's got upgraded 3" (?) shocks, then refers to it being stock, then later refers to trying to keep the stock suspension geometry with more custom shocks. lol He's not going off a script, though, so I try to give him the benefit of doubt he's just being imprecise in what he means.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

@5GENIDN
Mine's the salt flats and it gets me into trouble all the time

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do y'all think?

To be clear, I do not have the money for portals....BUT if I had money for a Raptor, I would get a 2 Door Badlands and get portals and still have a 💩 load of money left over for extras.

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
completely unrealistic cost for most of us, but that doesn't mean I don't want it LMAO!
Sponsored