John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 bronco 2021 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am sure this can be done I am in the process of putting a 3.7 eco boost twin turbo in a 1974 Bronco at this time , the fabrication is almost complete , we are still working on the computer and electronics
Sponsored

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking LS…heads are smaller and lots of power naturally aspirated, depending on displacement. Tech integration would be a small nightmare.
Heresy! Begone, sir!

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Looks like that raptor sold. Did you scoop it up?
naw I wish...thell be others.

FYI there were 14,500 gt500 mustangs produced with this Predator engine. so they are becoming available in junkyards more readily., and will continue to do so. The f150 raptor"R" is just now really getting orders filled/delivered...so those will trickle a few engines into auto dismantlers as well soon enough.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am sure this can be done I am in the process of putting a 3.7 eco boost twin turbo in a 1974 Bronco at this time , the fabrication is almost complete , we are still working on the computer and electronics
feel free to share pictures. you'd mean the 3.5 tho as the 3.7 is ONLY available in the ford GT I believe.? (the 800 hp ecoboost version from Multimatic)

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

feel free to share pictures. you'd mean the 3.5 tho as the 3.7 is ONLY available in the ford GT I believe.? (the 800 hp ecoboost version from Multimatic)
That's a 3.5 also
There is no 3.7 ecoboost unless it's just a modified 3.5

Edit: it does say that the Multimatc MK IV has a larger displacement, but I cant find what size it is. I didn't realize they changed the displacement from a 3.5

Last edited:

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I plan on eventually doing a Predator engine swap, on either my own Bronco or someone else's. this thread will be a information base for other who are interested to follow along this LENGTHY process.

The goal is simple, shoehorn in the 5.2 supercharged GT500 engine into a bronco. The fabrication and bults and nuts are the straightforward and fairly easy part to solve., HOWEVER the biggest hurtle to overcome is obviously mateing all the electronic wizardry in our broncos to the new 5.2 PCM . For this to work properly everything must work 100% OEM. The ABS system, power steering control module, transmission system, goat modes, and all the other systems must work in conjunction and have no codes or problems.

There will be plenty of folks that say it can't be done or why should it be done or it shouldn't be done or this is a dumb idea or whatever and that's fine everybody has their own opinion.

I have complete confidence that this can be completed as I have over 20 engine swaps under my belt and most of them are engines that were not designed to go into the vehicles that I stuffed them into. It will be easier with this experience.

My plan of attack is to get all of the modules working on a bench prior to even purchasing the engine. This will take time, research $$$ and lots of help from others as well.

I'll be adding pictures, comparisons measurements and tons of technical information in the near future.

If anyone else is also interested in doing this fantastic swap I would be interested in teaming up and sharing investments and resources.

Because this engine is now also offered in the f150 Raptor "R", many of the modules will be able to be re programed and asbuilts modified to work together with the Bronco.

guru automotive genius' like @Bmadda and parts gurus like @flip can hopefully chime in and add usefull information as this thread progesses. programming champs like @mpeugeot could chime in with ideas or theories as well. this will need to be a group effort to succeed.

I will be adding more information soon.

Screenshot_20230919_141710_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230921_112550_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
WHY, WHY, WHY. WELL WHY NOT? You are like a modern version of the Wright brothers. If they say it can't be done hold my beer and watch this.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There will be plenty of folks that say it can't be done or why should it be done or it shouldn't be done or this is a dumb idea or whatever and that's fine everybody has their own opinion.
Even though I wouldn't be a customer, I certainly support your right and desire to do this and wish you well. Just the price tag on the engine is eye-watering enough! 😆 I will look forward to the video of this thing in action when it's complete.

I'd bet that if you were going to do the Coyote swap, you'd have a line of customers that could keep a business going. 😄

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is a cool project. Love to see these.

BDrool

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2013 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This begs the question, why not use the engine from the "R" rather than the GT500? Also, to quote Carrol Shelby "There's no such thing as too much horsepower ... just not enough traction". What's your plans for drivetrain and/or suspension changes to keep that monster engine under control?
Dimensionally, they are the same, heads, block, SC. So really doesn't matter. And FWIW, the engines have code names, GT500 is Predator, the Raptor R is "Carnivore". Even with the same major parts, Ford did enough to give the Raptor R heart a new code name, slightly smaller SC pulley and probably more I would guess.

I bring this up because of the ignorance in all the articles I see where they call the Raptor R a Predator when it is a Carnivore. Just irritates me how the news media can control the masses...

What would be more noteworthy is the power differences between the two. The Predator has 625 ft lb torque while the Carnivore has 640. Matching that to the rating on the tranny would be wiser unless the engine specs go off for more power.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Dimensionally, they are the same, heads, block, SC. So really doesn't matter. And FWIW, the engines have code names, GT500 is Predator, the Raptor R is "Carnivore". Even with the same major parts, Ford did enough to give the Raptor R heart a new code name, slightly smaller SC pulley and probably more I would guess.

I bring this up because of the ignorance in all the articles I see where they call the Raptor R a Predator when it is a Carnivore. Just irritates me how the news media can control the masses...

What would be more noteworthy is the power differences between the two. The Predator has 625 ft lb torque while the Carnivore has 640. Matching that to the rating on the tranny would be wiser unless the engine specs go off for more power.
This is perfect!!! it's sounds so ANTI-Vegan! ROFL

Can anyone else confirm the "CARNIVORE" name?

I can see the badges now, " Powered by CARNIVORE" 😆 🤣

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is perfect!!! it's sounds so ANTI-Vegan! ROFL

Can anyone else confirm the "CARNIVORE" name?

I can see the badges now, " Powered by CARNIVORE" 😆 🤣
This is what it shows under Oasis for that Raptor R vin you posted.
There are a few websites that say the code name is Carnivore, but I've never seen this mentioned from Ford directly. Would be a cool name either way.

Ford Bronco 760hp 5.2 supercharged (GT500) Predator engine swap Bronco info thread 1695401827781

BDrool

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2013 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is what it shows under Oasis for that Raptor R vin you posted.
There are a few websites that say the code name is Carnivore, but I've never seen this mentioned from Ford directly. Would be a cool name either way.

Ford Bronco 760hp 5.2 supercharged (GT500) Predator engine swap Bronco info thread 1695401827781
That is interesting. I heard it a long time ago, from a Ford engineer on the project. Maybe Ford just made it stick i.e. Warthog vs. Raptor.

However, while the engines are physically identical, there are changes not seen by the untrained eye or can even be seen at all. The 760/625 vs. 700/640 can't really be done with just a tune. Some mechanical changes had to be made as well.
Sponsored