Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
TOB for sure
That’s what I’m figuring…6K miles. I love my bronco but in all honesty it’s been a straight up lemon since I got it. Even the “obj in mirror” writing on the passenger mirror is crooked lol I really wish I could get the dealer to warranty out my top completely as it’s been months without a tension cable and it’s been flopping and blowing out back…it’s 87dB on the interstate in there! They refuse but the Velcro is coming off the top itself so at some point they’ll have too. So right now I’m at:

-Back latch for soft top broken when purchased *fixed by dealer
-front trail sights completely rusted bolts from factory. *fixed by dealer
-Trans noise. *open ford case, waiting on dealer to schedule…been 3 weeks but hopefully ford case will make things happen. I’m guessing throw out bearing…6K miles? Makes me nervous man.
-soft top tension cable broken when purchased. *back ordered part from ford
-Sync 4 is completely busted. Extremely laggy…resets and master resets do nothing. Gonna bring it to ford attention when looking at other stuff.

Hopefully that will be it and I can start enjoying my bronco without issue! @Ford Motor Company
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s what I’m figuring…6K miles. I love my bronco but in all honesty it’s been a straight up lemon since I got it. Even the “obj in mirror” writing on the passenger mirror is crooked lol I really wish I could get the dealer to warranty out my top completely as it’s been months without a tension cable and it’s been flopping and blowing out back…it’s 87dB on the interstate in there! They refuse but the Velcro is coming off the top itself so at some point they’ll have too. So right now I’m at:

-Back latch for soft top broken when purchased *fixed by dealer
-Trans noise. *open ford case, waiting on dealer to schedule…been 3 weeks but hopefully ford case will make things happen. I’m guessing throw out bearing…6K miles? Makes me nervous man.
-soft top tension cable broken when purchased. *back ordered part from ford
-Sync 4 is completely busted. Extremely laggy…resets and master resets do nothing. Gonna bring it to ford attention when looking at other stuff.

Hopefully that will be it and I can start enjoying my bronco without issue! @Ford Motor Company
The back latch and tension cable sucks. An oversight from QC.

Black Oxide coatings are poor and will rust - but it shouldn’t be within weeks of production

Luckily the TOB is a consumable and in no part indicative of the transmissions overall quality - Hopefully it’s not a foreshadowing

Sync could be due to the semiconductor shortages and knowingly using sub-par chipsets

shit luck all through and through. I had teething issues with my previous Forester, I feel ya

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The back latch and tension cable sucks. An oversight from QC.

Black Oxide coatings are poor and will rust - but it shouldn’t be within weeks of production

Luckily the TOB is a consumable and in no part indicative of the transmissions overall quality - Hopefully it’s not a foreshadowing

Sync could be due to the semiconductor shortages and knowingly using sub-par chipsets

shit luck all through and through. I had teething issues with my previous Forester, I feel ya
Yeah it seems Ford is really wanting to help. I called dealer this morning and talked to service manager. He was happy FoMoCo made a case for me, said it’s much better for them and me. Not sure what difference it makes but 🤷‍♂️. Lol got an appt for Tuesday! They figure they’ll have to order anything that’s needed so fingers crossed I get all this taken care of.

OP
OP
TommyBronco

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey there! Wanted to see if you ever got this checked at your service appointment. Experiencing a similar 1-2 shift feel. 3 onwards is smooth as butter, but 1 & 2 are sometimes clunky. Getting into 2nd almost feels like a double click type feel.
Just wanted to post a follow up. Took my truck in for my oil change. TBH, the transition issue I was having seemed to resolve itself over time. Just about 4.5K miles but had Ford take a look at the transmission since it was there. He said it's something that needs to wear in to shift smoothly so no repair done. It's definitely much better now so I'm fine with it at this point.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just wanted to post a follow up. Took my truck in for my oil change. TBH, the transition issue I was having seemed to resolve itself over time. Just about 4.5K miles but had Ford take a look at the transmission since it was there. He said it's something that needs to wear in to shift smoothly so no repair done. It's definitely much better now so I'm fine with it at this point.

Awesome, that's glad to hear! Same situation with my truck too. I'm at about 4.5k miles and the transmission is perfect now. Looks like it just needed some wearing in. Happy wheelin' :cool:

Sponsored

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So right now I’m at:
.@Ford Motor Company
I walked by a Bronco in a parking lot yesterday and saw this same issue. Came on here to see if it was a known issue.

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I walked by a Bronco in a parking lot yesterday and saw this same issue. Came on here to see if it was a known issue.
I didn’t know it was common. Instead of replacing the bolts they replaced the whole trail sight. Really was hoping they’d pay more attention to quality but instead they’re focusing on releasing more variations lol

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I didn’t know it was common. Instead of replacing the bolts they replaced the whole trail sight. Really was hoping they’d pay more attention to quality but instead they’re focusing on releasing more variations lol
I'm no car manufacturer, but I'll go out on a limb here and assume that QA/QC at a bolt manufacturer has little to do with the work involved in releasing new trims/editions.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve decided to wait until i bring it in for an oil change. I’ll post an update when I do.
Mine is similar. Only about 400miles. New. I've felt 1 into 2 is clunky. Little bounce sometimes, more feather and lighter gas seem to help but my 92 f150 5 speed was significantly smoother though it's been about 12 years since I've driven stick. have also noticed a double engagement in 2nd a couple times. Like drops in but then you hear it drop in again when you let off clutch.. I have also experienced 2 times being stuck from neutral and it not wanting to go into a gear once rolling in neutral from at about 45 coasting around a curve on highway then had issue throwing back into 5. Today at a stop. Sitting in neutral at a light tried to engage 1st and could not get it to go into any gear clutch to floor but then let off clutch shock the stick renegade clutch and pushed hard it finally went in. Some concern here. Know someone mentioned rentention clips needing tightened but I can't find that post anywhere? Anyone ever have to give it force to get it in before? 3-6 are butter. Other than that I love it.

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well idk what they’re gonna end up doing, I sold the damn thing and got something else. Maybe I’ll buy one after another generation and they iron out problems.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
All this talk of buttery smooth shifts has me a little worried. I just bought a BadManSquatch and to me the shifter feels like it is "heavily gated". It feels like you are pushing through a gate in the shifter both into and out of gear. Very positive engagement may be another way to say it.

I don't feel any grinding and it doesn't feel like it is partially engaged. I had mentally written this off as being that way to prevent the shifter from moving of gear when off-roading. Should I be worried?

800 miles on the clock so far.
Sponsored