First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll get this response out of the way before others pollute the thread with similar sentiments:

"You should have read the fine print and realized that Ford was under no legal obligation to do all the things they said they were going to do. It was a pandemic, after all."

Gotta love the Ford apologists.
Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've gotten my truck, and I will admit to being very happy with it.

BUT...

The entire experience of buying my first Ford product has likely made it my last Ford product.
From claiming it was a fair system, only to find out Ford was paying lip service to res holders, while giving handies to the dealers, even going so far as to let dealers themselves pick and choose customers to make it to the front of the line. We were told "oh, those 3,000 to 4,000 trucks won't make a big difference in your place in line, stop whining...." only to find out that our collective fears about the real production capacity were 100% correct. When barely 25,000 units make it out the door, those ones at the front made a huge difference.

To quality concerns with roofs, engines, paint, lack of parts, lack of buildability on even low trims, it became starkly clear that Ford simply wasn't ready to launch this product, in any way shape or form. May the Flying Spaghetti Monster help them with the F150 lightning launch...

And then, THEN....Social Media steps up to the plate, and we get tone-deaf deliveries from marketing of Bronco-themed CALENDARS to help people count the days until they finally get an order filled, a constant stream of Tweets from Levine and crew telling everyone to stay pumped while they drive around in trucks they got to cut the line to get, and an even more constant stream of all these youtubers and SEMA-level vendors that somehow magically got their heavily loaded trucks before everyone else.

It's almost like if you have a nice big audience to give Ford the lip service THEY want, then you get a truck. Everyone else can get f**ked and take a number and hope you get some soup from the soup nazi behind the counter eventually.

Last edited:

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know anyone that could say this vehicle is a NEED. But definitely a disappointment on a want. That being said, Ford doesn't owe or guaranty this vehicle to anyone. They offer it and we can take it or leave it on the fluid and flexible terms given.

MasonPaul

Badlands
First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander and BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a fifth grade teacher I spend plenty of time talking to 11 year olds about fairness, kindness, right, and wrong.

Like many of you, over a year ago I reserved a Bronco. I had never heard of allocations, ADM, or @mrlevine. I thought I’d place my $100 deposit, get in line, and wait my turn. After all, that’s what I teach my students. “Wait your turn, and you will get your fair share.”

I have purchased enough cars in my 53 years to know I don’t like the process, but this seemed different. We were told it was different. I was ignorant, and I believed them.

As a teacher in a very high poverty district, I don’t have money to waste, so I chose a discount price from a small town dealer in a neighboring state. I got burned by that. @Ford

I drive a 2005 F150 with 230,000 miles on it, so I can’t wait 6 years for my Bronco, so I believed @mrlevine when he said I could change my dealer. I started that process over 8 weeks ago, and I’m still waiting. I’m convinced I believed the wrong people - again.

Now I find myself thinking of ways to game the system or cut the line, because doing the things I ask my students to do has gotten me nothing but grief, frustration, and embarrassment.

I know some of you will laugh at me or blame me for being so gullible, and maybe you’re correct. This has certainly been a learning experience. I just wanted the truck I had dreamed about for 30 years. I did not expect lessons in patience, disappointment, and corporate misinformation.

Good luck to everyone in line in front of me and behind me. I suspect my students will be driving before I get a Bronco. Maybe I can get a ride from one of them to the dealer for the actual delivery. 🤔

Waiting in line and getting your fair share is a fairytale. Salespeople and big business are not going to always do the right thing. Go fight for your bronco!!!! Earn that bronco and give'em hell!

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You can change dealers. You could have changed dealers the day you wanted to. You reservation isn't going to transfer dealers. I learned that a few weeks after I placed my first one. I canceled it and started a new one.

My build week is 1/17/22.

This process hasn't been the smoothest but the number of grown adults on this website that wants Ford to wipe your ass for you is getting a little ridiculous.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
GiveItaTri

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can change dealers. You could have changed dealers the day you wanted to. You reservation isn't going to transfer dealers. I learned that a few weeks after I placed my first one. I canceled it and started a new one.

My build week is 1/17/21.

This process hasn't been the smoothest but the number of grown adults on this website that wants Ford to wipe your ass for you is getting a little ridiculous.
Thank you for your perspective.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m right there with ya, OP. I’ve been holding my 2006 F150 together with duct tape for the past 3 months while holding my hand on my ass watching late reservations and walk in orders off the street get build dates. Worst buying experience in my 55 years on the planet. I’ll move on at some point, as i have no interest in waiting another year or more on a 7/15/20 reservation. Ignore the apologists. They suck too.

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ordered ours September of 2020 and now 443 days later still nothing…we’re also going to have to extend our lease and hopefully it’s scheduled within a year cause that’s as far out that we can so if it’s not here by February 2023 there’s seriously something f***ed up about the system!

OP
OP
GiveItaTri

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m right there with ya, OP. I’ve been holding my 2006 F150 together with duct tape for the past 3 months while holding my hand on my ass watching late reservations and walk in orders off the street get build dates. Worst buying experience in my 55 years on the planet. I’ll move on at some point, as i have no interest in waiting another year or more on a 7/15/20 reservation. Ignore the apologists. They suck too.
I understand why some people think I’m whining, and they think I’m a fool. I already admitted I was a fool. I had no idea how complicated and ever-changing this process would be. Obviously some people knew how this would play out. They look like geniuses now.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand why some people think I’m whining, and they think I’m a fool. I already admitted I was a fool. I had no idea how complicated and ever-changing this process would be. Obviously some people knew how this would play out. They look like geniuses now.
When did you make your reservation, and what is your build spec?

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
People have a right to be pissed. We’ve been/are being played. Let it out....it’s ok. As I said, ignore the apologists.

OP
OP
GiveItaTri

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're not alone, this has been an absolute shit show, take covid out, it's still been a shit show.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm 48 years old and have to carpool with my wife since my mustang doesnt work too well when it snows. I'm so upset that I'm not even sure I'll keep my mustang any longer and if Ford doesnt fix this quickly, this will be the last Ford I will ever buy as well.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To quality concerns with roofs, engines, paint, lack of parts, lack of buildability on even low trims, it became starkly clear that Ford simply wasn't ready to launch this product, in any way shape or form. May the Flying Spaghetti Monster help them with the F150 lightning launch...
In terms of the truck itself, I think Ford has done an incredible job here. The Bronco is a marvel. With the notable exception of the roofs (both hard and soft), which quite frankly have been underengineered. Those roofs are turkeys and do not live up to the standards set by the rest of the vehicle.

For the most part it's been parts, sales, and communications letting us down. Parts I understand, given what the world has been going through. But it shouldn't be asking too much to have a clear, well-communicated, and fair process for getting vehicles into the hands of the people who ordered them. I don't see how anyone can consider that part of this launch to be successful. We still have tens of thousands of people with no earthly idea when Ford will produce and deliver their vehicles.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.