Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reminds me of the one time I had to use the spare on my ranger and it lit up like a Christmas tree because the TPMS was disconnected.
Sponsored

wheelsco

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BL SQ 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI had same exact thing happened to me- '23 @ 1100 miles. Faults went away within an hour and have not come back yet, but if they do will check rear right speed sensor. Guessing will find some gunk stuck to it too...

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will have had my Bronco for 4 weeks tomorrow (picked up with 7 miles on Sat 7/16/22). I have less than 800 miles, and 100% stock 4 door Badlands Sasquatch with the 2.7 L v6 and High Package.

I was driving on the highway in ECO mode, just normal driving. Someone slides in front of me at an uncomfortable distance, so I press the brake to slow a little. When I pressed the brake it felt like the ABS was engaging. I felt a quick click click click in the pedal, and it just sounded weird. I did not slam the brakes or anything weird, it was a normal soft press to grow distance between me and the vehicle in front of me. I switched lanes, slowed down a little more and heard a similar noise then all of these warning lights kicked in:

• Antilock Brake Fault
  • Pre-Collision Assist Not Available
  • Service AdvanceTrac

It all happened so quick I wasn't able to read all of the messages in detail, but it also said driver mode disengaged, or no longer available and switched me back to normal drive mode. There was also a message that the traction control and ABS was disengaged.

Other than the initial weird clicking and disengaging the drive mode, the vehicle was driving fine, just with 3 warning lights above. I pulled off at the nearest exit and stopped to turn the vehicle off then on (hoping it would reset). When I did I also received a "Park Aid Fault". I was able to get a couple of pictures of the warning lights and fault messages at this point.

1659758852090.png

1659758824162.png

I tried turning the vehicle off (letting it shut down completely) and then back on a couple times but I still kept getting the same alerts. Fortunately I was able to drive home. When I got home I turned it off and just left it for a while. I went back a few hours later, hoping that it would magically be fine, but it's not! Now I have additional fault messages. I noticed that received the messages to my Ford Pass app on the initial faults. I read the messages and the solutions on how to fix. They didn't apply, so they weren't really helpful. I will post them too.

1659758911264.png

-The tires are the stock Sasquatch wheels/tires

1659758964971.png

-The grill was clean, but I did wipe it down just to be sure (to no avail)

Total alerts going on at this point (and it's just all out of the blue! literally nothing rough or weird, I didn't run into anything or run over a puddle. I was literally just driving home from work like any other day.)

• Park Aid Fault
  • Antilock Brake Fault
  • Pre-Collision Assist Not Available
  • Service AdvanceTrac
  • Park Break Fault Service Now
  • Drive Mode Not Available (I cannot switch drive modes)
I am going to check with the dealer tomorrow, see if they can get me in to have service take a look. I am hoping it's an easy computer reset - but I will keep everyone posted. I tried to search the forums for some similar issues, but I didn't come up with anything. The closest thing I saw was a thread on a thumping noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. After I pulled back onto the highway with the faults I did hear a weird thump, but I couldn't tell if it was some debris from the road or the vehicle itself. I'll be keeping my ears out for that as well.

Pics to come, and will update once I talk to the dealer. Hope that nobody else has these issues.

some additional faults once I got home:
1659759076460.png

1659759115087.png

1659759140731.png

1659759159256.png
Just had this happen to me on a 7-hour road trip through PA in the rain and sleet..

IMG_1102.jpeg

IMG_1101.jpeg

IMG_1107.jpeg

IMG_1084.jpeg

BobRandall

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just happened to me as well today - the christmas tree of error lights. I get the parking sensor one because my Bronco is dirty for the past snowstorm, salt, and ice but WTF for the rest? I like technology but DAMN, this is some BS. I hope there is a standard fix for this. Do I wait it out and hope they go away or take it to the dealer? Anyone had luck with the dealer on this?

First Name
Pao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happened to me now too while at a red light. I have a 2023 Wildtrak with 8700 miles.

Sponsored

LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2021 Badlands with just over 17,000 miles in the shop with this issue. I outlined this thread to the shop foreman at my dealer and his words were "an ABS fault wouldn't cause a limp mode condition". Maybe back in 2002 when you started it didn't but these modern cars are so intertwined nowadays that this is the case now.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For all you people still having this issue intermittently, maybe pull your wheel speed sensors and check for debris!!! It's been said a few times in this thread as a fix yet people are still complaining that Ford isn't fixing this issue for them due to no codes found when Bronco was brought in.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine threw the same warnings and lost brakes. Only had the emergency stop at the end of pedal travel. Dealer found this and I haven't had the problem since (although it took me awhile to trust it again).

image.jpg

Fokker4x4

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4Runner/2023 Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Happened to me now too while at a red light. I have a 2023 Wildtrak with 8700 miles.
Just happened to me too at a red light, 2023 Heritage, Manual, with 330 miles (yes 330). Reset once I took car out of neutral and turned off Auto/Stop.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BobRandall

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just happened to me as well today - the christmas tree of error lights. I get the parking sensor one because my Bronco is dirty for the past snowstorm, salt, and ice but WTF for the rest? I like technology but DAMN, this is some BS. I hope there is a standard fix for this. Do I wait it out and hope they go away or take it to the dealer? Anyone had luck with the dealer on this?
FYI - the dealer fixed my issue by replacing a Speed Sensor Assembly. There was an error code pointing to that sensor. So far so good - the error hasn't returned.

az_dirt

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bad Sas AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dash lit up like a christmas tree today less than 15 mph on paveement - Pre-collission assist not available, Service AdvancTrac, Park aid assist. Last week they replaced the cruise control module, took 3 weeks. Is there anything we can do to "reset" these errors without it sitting at a dealer for weeks to troubleshoot? I mean if its a dealership thing for a part or somehting that is the only way. Probably just venting here but the electrical gremlins are frustrating.

• Sad
Reactions: 0ne

Harpoonalt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good luck. My ā€˜23 Wildtrak is on its 4th visit and over 30 days out of service for the same issue. Replaced wheel speed sensor and it happened again. Waiting for the results from a wiring overlay, but Iā€™ve requested a buyback. They donā€™t seem to have a clue what the issue is and itā€™s getting old driving a Hyundai loaner while my 65k vehicle sits or gets driven by mechanics.
Unless itā€™s fixed before the buyback, Iā€™m headed back to Toyota. Love the Bronco but the reliability just isnā€™t there.
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: 0ne