First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone added a real tachometer to their Bronco?
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurais, Corvairs, 914-6, TT, F350 SD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because the tach sucksā€¦.

I hate the tach.

How about an optional tach screen that actually is readable, with a needle like a standard tachometer we have seen since the 1950s. They have it for mpg, and boost. The engineering team responsible for that dash debacle should be fired. The ā€œtachā€ is useless. I have a manual and would like to see where I am when downshifting.
i have 2 speedometers, 2 temp displays, can I have a real tachometer? Please?

Taco_Sexual

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hate the tach. How about an optional tach screen that actually is readable, with a needle like a standard tachometer we have seen since the 1950s. They have it for mpg, and boost. The engineering team responsible for that dash debacle should be fired. The ā€œtachā€ is useless. I have a manual and would like to see where I am when downshifting.
That instrument panel is about the only thing (outside of the rear floor vents) that I truly dislike about the interior and the overall truck for that matter. Either go full analog (with maybe a small digital screen in the middle) or go full digital. Really curious if they wanted to go full digital but the pandemic and chip shortages somehow made that impossible to accomplish. Mind you I'm not an engineer so I may be talking out of my a$$ here and this is just a case of poor design.

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree. Plus is 1.3 really helpful?? How about going wild and displaying 1300. I'd like a better display. I'ved used OBD Fusion in the past, it's rad. But that's not on Ford display.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That instrument panel is about the only thing (outside of the rear floor vents) that I truly dislike about the interior and the overall truck for that matter. Either go full analog (with maybe a small digital screen in the middle) or go full digital. Really curious if they wanted to go full digital but the pandemic and chip shortages somehow made that impossible to accomplish. Mind you I'm not an engineer so I may be talking out of my a$$ here and this is just a case of poor design.
I'm an engineer and I'm willing to bet it's all digital, just "analog style" speedometer. It was probably more a dumb styling choice than chip shortage. But that would have been prime real estate for an analog "style" tach, but no we get double speedos....šŸ˜‘

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When is next update expected? OTA?

Sponsored

LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurais, Corvairs, 914-6, TT, F350 SD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m thinking of just doing this. I agree that this is one of the few things that really bother me about the new ride. Who designed this stupid thing?
Ford Bronco Adding a tachometer C416702F-6284-49A7-AAAD-C6C7020E0291
Ford Bronco Adding a tachometer BF9D34F0-4A5E-489C-923E-0A38514AE2D8

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We've clearly seen that @Ford Motor Company , they didn't task MT Design Items to ANYONE who actually drove MT's. This is why the MT was designed where it could only mate to one engine vs. having a bolt on bellhousing and why we don't have a tachometer that's suitable to those of us who have driven MT's for years. Not to mention.... (but I will) they even didn't give the MT Broncos a Manual Hand Brake!!!!!!! Such simple things...... SMH...... simple .... simple... things.....

Come On @Ford Motor Company, you know that you F'ed up this part of the design, now fix it!

Rambler

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜04 Silverado, ā€˜97 Wrangler, ā€˜65 Norton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because the tach sucksā€¦.

I hate the tach.

How about an optional tach screen that actually is readable, with a needle like a standard tachometer we have seen since the 1950s. They have it for mpg, and boost. The engineering team responsible for that dash debacle should be fired. The ā€œtachā€ is useless. I have a manual and would like to see where I am when downshifting.
I couldnā€™t believe they didnā€™t put a standard style tachometer in the dashboard. Iā€™d trade all the goat modes for a tach and a manual handbrake. Iā€™ll probably install an electric tach, too small and a poor substitute for a normal factory gauge one would expect to receive.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Frankly, I think the vertical digital tach is stupid.

And to be honest, Iā€™m surprised Ford offers the current setup on all trims. The screen they have now feels like something that would be bundled with the Mid or High package.

As a manual driver I would actually prefer an analog-style tach over an analog-style speedoā€¦ but obviously for our automatic-driving comrades that wouldnā€™t make any sense. That said, once I get familiar with a vehicle I very rarely look at the tach, soā€¦ ultimately I donā€™t think itā€™s a huge issue and it certainly wonā€™t stop me from buying the Bronco.

(But I still think itā€™s dumb.)
Sponsored