Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know this topic has been discussed a few times. However, the ability for dealers to hold reservation holders hostage at purchase by forcing the buyer to accept ADM up charges or forgo the order is wrong. We made the reservation for the Bronco. We spec’d it out and placed the order. We anticipated Ford delivering to us our Bronco. Pricing was established at the order. Granted, there are dealer fees associated with delivery, tax, title, etc. But a pure mark up based on demand is wrong. The challenges with delivering Broncos has added to the demand. Dealers know it and are using it to their advantage. I purchased my Badlands yesterday. There was a $5K markup. When I balked at it, they said that is the going rate right now. I pushed back. I was basically left with either buying my bronco with a markup or watch it be sold to someone else and have to wait another year plus for a replacement. Ford has talked about holding pricing but that is meaningless when dealers are permitted to mark up the Bronco.

I love this Bronco. It is really an awesome Truck. Ford has done an excellent job. It sucks that the experience is tainted by BS practices of dealers. The worst part, I moved my early reservation from one dealer (that was non-response) to this dealer. So they would not have had my early reservation but for me. They Would have to wait on their other MIC top, constraint laden orders.

Hoping @FordMotorCompany can find a way to deal with this.
I wouldn’t have paid the adm and would have made a major stink and raised it with Ford social media instead of caving in.

but I’m also in the group of buyers that established price a long long time before my bronco arrives. And at a hefty discount to msrp.
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No - I didn't sign a contract for a $53k vehicle, sight unseen, never driven and no idea when it will arrive.

I did sign a build sheet with them that authorized my order to be placed in Ford's system based on the options that I have selected. I confirmed via e-mail that my price matched my dealer's build sheet and I got them to state in the e-mail that was the agreed upon price and there would be no add ons.
If you have an email with an agreed upon price you are good to go. If they try and charge you more than the agreed upon price you have legal recourse.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tweet Mike Levine. Dick move

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn’t have paid the adm and would have made a major stink and raised it with Ford social media instead of caving in.

but I’m also in the group of buyers that established price a long long time before my bronco arrives. And at a hefty discount to msrp.
Agreed, according to this forum, the dealer will have allocations penalized if they sell to too many non-reservation havers.

if more than 1 in 5 revolt, it will do long term damage to the dealers business.

Sponsored

bbkat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in MD too and wondering if you'd be okay with sharing who the dealer is?
Absolutely share the dealer name so others can avoid this

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would you have walked away from this??
Ford Bronco ADM is now a Ford problem 9E95B270-3C2D-4608-94C0-05358EA34D8E
I would have driven away in it very quickly after I stabbed someone for trying to rip me off.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford actually posted in the thread about the girl from Plainview I think. Have a number to call if there were any discrepancies when a dealer tried pulling stunts like that. I don’t have a link but I did screen shot it for myself so I had the number if my dealer tried playing games.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford builds for the end user but uses a go between (dealers) to distribute their products, much like most other businesses. This is the grey area of defining who Ford's customer really is. Both positions can be correct however if you look at who is on the hook financially for the vehicle, that is only the dealer.

Due to various state franchise, advertising and lending laws the manufactures have very little control of transaction price. Transaction price is the key word here. Many manufacturers have advertising covenants stating how monthly payment prices can be advertised as well as minimum advertised amounts. Ford and Lincoln have stepped up the last couple of years due to dealers complaining about other dealers basically advertising deals they couldn't or wouldn't be able to execute, aka bait and switch.

Typically pricing is discussed before ordering a vehicle via some sort of buyers order, non-binding purchase agreement or verbal. Bronco aside, how many people would tell a dealer to order a custom spec'd vehicle and not have an idea of what it's going to cost when delivered? Yes, there are dealers taking advantage of low inventory supplies and captive Bronco orders which is dirty as f. While it's really, really, really crappy, terrible business practice and generally isn't a good long strategy, it isn't illegal.

We've provided DORAs to our customers and have openly advertised our pricing like several other dealers here. Some customers have never asked for the sale price in writing, some have. If a dealer runs an upfront operation they should have no problem offering a written price on an ordered unit. One, it gives legitimacy to the offer. Two, it protects both parties from price negotiation amnesia.

It would be easy to lay all the blame on the customer for not getting sale prices in writing. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people finding out some dealers are dirty too late in the game. It shouldn't be like that and one of the biggest reasons people hate dealers. It's no comfort at this point but once Bronco is in full production and has a few model years behind it, transaction price will be around invoice like any other new vehicle.

Sponsored

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After riding Ford's Bronco Hype train for a year, taking your reservation to a dealer, agreeing on price just to have dealer help themselves to a big slice of ADM or you're out is well beyond common practice with ordered vehicles.

Adding ADM in this case is outrageous, and definitely impacts Ford's reputation. As does the botched MIC tops...

Bronco is not a mature product, neither is the reservation/order/sales process.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Agreed, according to this forum, the dealer will have allocations penalized if they sell to too many non-reservation havers.

if more than 1 in 5 revolt, it will do long term damage to the dealers business.
Are you sure that’s still a thing? Ford has gone back on everything they’ve said up to this point.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford builds for the end user but uses a go between (dealers) to distribute their products, much like most other businesses. This is the grey area of defining who Ford's customer really is. Both positions can be correct however if you look at who is on the hook financially for the vehicle, that is only the dealer.

Due to various state franchise, advertising and lending laws the manufactures have very little control of transaction price. Transaction price is the key word here. Many manufacturers have advertising covenants stating how monthly payment prices can be advertised as well as minimum advertised amounts. Ford and Lincoln have stepped up the last couple of years due to dealers complaining about other dealers basically advertising deals they couldn't or wouldn't be able to execute, aka bait and switch.

Typically pricing is discussed before ordering a vehicle via some sort of buyers order, non-binding purchase agreement or verbal. Bronco aside, how many people would tell a dealer to order a custom spec'd vehicle and not have an idea of what it's going to cost when delivered? Yes, there are dealers taking advantage of low inventory supplies and captive Bronco orders which is dirty as f. While it's really, really, really crappy, terrible business practice and generally isn't a good long strategy, it isn't illegal.

We've provided DORAs to our customers and have openly advertised our pricing like several other dealers here. Some customers have never asked for the sale price in writing, some have. If a dealer runs an upfront operation they should have no problem offering a written price on an ordered unit. One, it gives legitimacy to the offer. Two, it protects both parties from price negotiation amnesia.

It would be easy to lay all the blame on the customer for not getting sale prices in writing. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people finding out some dealers are dirty too late in the game. It shouldn't be like that and one of the biggest reasons people hate dealers. It's no comfort at this point but once Bronco is in full production and has a few model years behind it, transaction price will be around invoice like any other new vehicle.
The only blame that I could lay at Ford’s feet is how they keep saying price protection. it’s kind of misleading. I know it’s the MSRP is set by Ford any price under/over is on the dealer. Not many people know Ford and the dealership are separate entities technically.

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You didn't have a sign contract with the dealer setting the price?
I know my dealer and all the dealers around me would not give a signed contract, some of us had no choice unless buy out of state maybe , I got a verbal as to MSRP but we shall see if they honor that.​

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My career in IT is focused around the end customer. Its not our resellers, our OEMs, or even our ISVs. If it wasn't for the end user demanding our products, we go out of business. Period. We focus on maintaining high customer satisfaction and that often means asking our resellers and ISVs to limit markups, pass along rebates and discounts, etc. Yes, just like dealerships, they can charge whatever the eff they want, but many have learned that it may hurt in the short term, but it improves their own CSAT at their level and in turn drives UP their customer base by being involved with our CSAT approach and getting more satisfied customers going to those vendors and ISVs because they are seen as more honest with customers. Is being shady for a few grand now worth losing thousands over lost sales to other dealerships? Its what they have to answer for themselves.

When its something like this with tops, delays, masses being bumped to MY22, I would think Ford would at least ask dealerships to drop ADMs on all Bronco reservations converted to orders to mitigate the hit to their reputation and future sales.

But as always, shop around and get any price in writing first.
Sponsored