strick23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Stang GT/ 02 Lincoln LS/ 21 Bronco BL SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did everyone get the email? I got it but I was pretty early with a day 1 res. Opted out of the hardtop early and got delivery 11/21 so I would expect to be at the front.

Curious if people are gonna order and resell. Seems like a hassle with not too much upside.
I did not get the email yet. Day 1 reservation. Decided to drop the hardtop from my order and was Oct of 21 delivery.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did everyone get the email? I got it but I was pretty early with a day 1 res. Opted out of the hardtop early and got delivery 11/21 so I would expect to be at the front.

Curious if people are gonna order and resell. Seems like a hassle with not too much upside.
Seems like a hassle just to make a few bucks.

Also have the issues with the OEM outer surface been fully addressed? I found some small spider cracks on my less than one year old OEM hardtop last week, gonna keep an eye on them to see what happens. I think Webasto messed up with the outer surface material, it's either too thin or not robust enough.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has this thread just turned into a "General Hardtop" discussion about every other available hard top on the market now?

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received an email from Ford to purchase the hardtop about a week and a half ago. There’s nothing about the Ford Mic hardtop that has any appeal so an easy pass for me. First night reservation and I dropped the hardtop to get a build date. 9/4/21 build and 10/14/21 delivery.

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is today update day or was that last Friday?
Damn it I just realized today is Thursday. 🤦‍♂️

Imagine the utter disappointment I'm experiencing.... Oh wait I forgot which thread I'm in :devilish:

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has this thread just turned into a "General Hardtop" discussion about every other available hard top on the market now?
sorry :(

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No need to be sorry - my comment wasn’t directed at you, or anyone else specifically. I just find it ironic where this thread has turned, which is probably a good thing as there’s more positive posts about other options available on the market vs. just the regular disappointment from folks.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No need to be sorry - my comment wasn’t directed at you, or anyone else specifically. I just find it ironic where this thread has turned, which is probably a good thing as there’s more positive posts about other options available on the market vs. just the regular disappointment from folks.
the last update was my top was at a check point 25 miles from me...still not at the unloading terminal tho...the shop is closed on weekends...so I will not be doing hard top stuff this weekend :(

erikgonz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone received a hard top yet? I cancelled a couple months ago for a refund but was curious if anything has shipped.
I replaced my soft top Bronco with a new Dual top order. Ordered in October and traded in for the new one early Feb. Does that count?

B22-2023

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1977 Bronco, 2023 T4R TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would recommend you get your refund now and order a top from TOR or AC. If ADV ever produces the top, they will likely have your 1 piece available with all the cancellations.
I was a very early order - but cancelled last week, and they were very courteous and apologetic about it. They sent all my funds back right away. Going to give the aftermarket (including them) another 6 months, then decide what to order. I cant stand the soft top.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ITS VIDEO AND INFORMATION FRIDAY
Any bets as to if the batch 1 group (me) has moved out of production. I SAY NO.
at least we will hopefully see the rear wiper install. I assume the defroster is built into the glass.

My last estimated (last week ) shipping time from ADV was for mid may (more or less).

Sooooooo today is the 12th of April., I was awake last night and researched shipping times from CHINA to the Port of Long Beach.

Appr 3 weeks give or take and depends on the path and port stops--- could be up to 45 days
Current backlog at the Port of Long Beach --- 6 days
Unloading time for the containers 2 days --- with our luck the ADV container will be the last unloaded.

then 1 day to get to adv location by truck.

then who knows how long the quality control inspection will take
will the inspect every single top before they start the packaging process or will they do a number at a time and finally get some on the road to the customers.

Based on this, there is no way I see that my 1 piece will make it out in May let alone mid late May.
with a 6 day projected travel time to Connecticut, the earliest I might see my top is sometime in June.
It is almost 100% guaranteed that TOR will send me a better schedule and I will be forced to cancel.
for now I'm hoping ADV surprises everybody.
SEND THE TOPS IN BATCHES BY AIR FREIGHT and make up for some of the aggregation and damage to reputation.

they have to be losing millions of dollars in sales with all the defections to TOR

long rant I'm done (keyboard silent ) for 2 more weeks-- Boat goes into the water next week so that will keep me busy.
Sponsored