Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had mine installed like 2 weeks ago and noticed the same thing. Also can't remember if it did it before or not 👀
I figure that the positives outweigh the one potential negative. I am still going to install it if my truck ever shows up.
Sponsored

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know my Bronco Sport hood did "flutter" on the highway and I did not have a hood deflector on it. I have only taken my black diamond Bronco on the highway once so far and it did flutter a bit but it was a very windy day at 70 mph through new hampshire mountains. I have a hood deflector waiting for warmer weather to put on so I am hoping it does not make me feel like the hood might fly off.

bronco fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ST, 2019 F150, & 09 Mustang GT/CS,21 Gladiato
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Installed the Aeroskin II hood deflector about a week ago and really like the way it looks, BUT yesterday I had a long highway trip about 2 hours and noticed above 60 MPH it seems like the center of my hood is fluttering ( for lack of a better term ). Its slight and cant remember if that was happening before the deflector was installed. It sort of looks like when the hood flexes going through the air dry at the touchless car wash. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed anything similar or if someone without the deflector can tell me if their hood slightly flutters/vibrates in the center at highway speeds.
I’ve had mine on since new in October & don’t have any fluttering or vibrations even at 80-90. Could it be hood stops out of adjustment a little? Another thought make sure tape strip is holding good in the center of the hood.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Drove my Bronco w/deflector at 80mph yesterday....no flutter.
Agree you might want to check on hood alignment/closing adjustment.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, I have a long commute all Hwy at 80mph. The center hood has minimal flexing or movement.

Fyi, I saw last night Weather tech released their version of bug deflector/protector, no lip and looks more like a skin.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it the whole hood? Then the suggestion above of checking bumpstops would be my first look.

If it is the sheet metal in the center flexing, there are probably many ways to add a little support there. Just guessing without my own bronco in-hand. 😡 Even some hood insulation and/or creative reinforcement?

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I noticed from day 1 on the highway that the hood flexed and fluttered at highway speeds. I figured it was just a quirk of design. Think it’s worth mentioning to the dealer to see if it can be fixed?

Didn't notice it on the very first Bronco I drove… but I was only on the highway for a few minutes.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just installed the Aeroskin II today. No flutter from the hood at 75mph, but I did hear a slight whistling sound. It was really windy today, so I am hoping that was the issue. Anybody else notice a whistling sound after they put it on?

Sponsored

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was finally able to track down and fix the whistle a few weeks ago. I thought I would post my solution. There was about a 1/4" gap between the grill and the bottom of the hood deflector that was causing the whistle. Found some stick on weather seal at lowes that worked perfect, sorry don't have the weather seal details threw out the packaging. Whistle is gone and has been working great for a few weeks.
Ford Bronco AEROSKIN II hood deflector Question 20220503_095342

Ford Bronco AEROSKIN II hood deflector Question 20220503_095348

Ford Bronco AEROSKIN II hood deflector Question 20220503_095649

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did notice some flutter up in the rise near the cowl where the Wildtrak graphic is. Aeroskin II.

9A00DD88-7FED-4D39-864B-B67F00DB5522.jpeg
Sponsored