First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I totally forgot about the Raptor hitch. I would have ordered that instead. It is about $100 more. I should get my hitch this afternoon. Probably will install early on Saturday morning before the asphalt starts melting.

I know I keep thinking about getting it with my Ford pass points. I think I have like $500 worth after 2 Bronco's in the last year. I really wish you could also buy those support braces and raise the towing capacity to 4500 pounds. I'd have no problem forking over a few extra hundred for that

Actually I hope they didn't take the first Bronco points away when I traded it in... Nah.
Sponsored

KenDawg78

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know I keep thinking about getting it with my Ford pass points. I think I have like $500 worth after 2 Bronco's in the last year. I really wish you could also buy those support braces and raise the towing capacity to 4500 pounds. I'd have no problem forking over a few extra hundred for that

Actually I hope they didn't take the first Bronco points away when I traded it in... Nah.
I think there is more to the towing capacity than those two braces, but I thought they were included in the Braptor kit, I know you'd have to address the muffler placement.

Bronco Raptor hitch DIY install with pictures | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Phil B

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I set mine up for a 7 pin using the Teknosha TK55VR from Etrailer. It is a plug and play set up with 3 connections. Fairly easy install. Combined with Teknosha controller. Mine is a Badlands with Mid package. Had the connector for the Controller under the dash.

This is what I had installed on mine. I have not used it yet, but I believe it duplicates the factory installed version. Not a easy install, goes all the way up under the front fender, and requires programming. Had the dealer do it. The other threads I referenced earlier in this post go into great detail about it.

https://accessories.ford.com/products/trailer-hitch-wiring-harness-4-7-pin-by-lumen

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think there is more to the towing capacity than those two braces, but I thought they were included in the Braptor kit, I know you'd have to address the muffler placement.

Bronco Raptor hitch DIY install with pictures | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

That's the same article I read. I just read it again. He said he built temporary kicker bars until OEM was available. Isn't that the braces? Or am I misunderstanding something? I would buy it for 400 if it has those

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's the same article I read. I just read it again. He said he built temporary kicker bars until OEM was available. Isn't that the braces? Or am I misunderstanding something? I would buy it for 400 if it has those
Perhaps I'm misreading it, but I believe post #18 said his Braptor hitch kit included the bars.

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Perhaps I'm misreading it, but I believe post #18 said his Braptor hitch kit included the bars.

You're right. I think I read it before it got that far so I don't know what he meant by kicker bars? I am planning a fast intentions exhaust soon.. I might go look at my dealers raptor and see if I can get a good idea where they bolt on.

KenDawg78

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what I had installed on mine. I have not used it yet, but I believe it duplicates the factory installed version. Not a easy install, goes all the way up under the front fender, and requires programming. Had the dealer do it. The other threads I referenced earlier in this post go into great detail about it.

https://accessories.ford.com/products/trailer-hitch-wiring-harness-4-7-pin-by-lumen
What did they have to program? Does it give you the factory towing data?

Sringlis

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a Ford OEM hitch and wiring harness still in the box I have been meaning to put on the classifieds here but never get around to it. Make me a reasonable offer and it could be yours (Or anyone reading this that wants the OEM stuff)
I have a Ford OEM hitch and wiring harness still in the box I have been meaning to put on the classifieds here but never get around to it. Make me a reasonable offer and it could be yours (Or anyone reading this that wants the OEM stuff)
Hi there - I am interested in your hitch and wiring harness kit. Is it the Lumen kit from Ford? What is the best way to reach you to work out details re price / shipping? Thx!

Phil B

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Attachments

Sponsored

sanruiz

Big Bend
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan 2015
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can we talk?

SmokeSaves

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC, Chevy, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi there - I am interested in your hitch and wiring harness kit. Is it the Lumen kit from Ford? What is the best way to reach you to work out details re price / shipping? Thx!
Sorry it is NOT the Lumen kit, which wasn't available when I purchased this kit last year after I removed towing from my 2022 order. When I had to convert my order to a 2023 I put the towing package back in.

I have the hitch: Ford P/N: MB3Z19D520A and four pin harness P/N: FT1Z15A416A both are still in factory packaging.

You can email at [email protected]

Packet_Pusher

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ended up doing the Curt like a lot of other folks. Haven't addressed wiring yet, but I just needed a bike rack for now.

Ford Bronco Aftermarket Towing Package / Kit? IMG_5072.JPEG
Ford Bronco Aftermarket Towing Package / Kit? IMG_5077.JPEG
Sponsored