Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be 54 on the 8th. I have owned 7 Mustangs, 1 Eagle Talon, With a Grand Cherokee and Druango scattered in there. I was time for something with a little more room. I still have my 02 Mustang GT Vert to scratch the two door itch.
Sponsored

Jalgieri

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting a 4-door. I have a big dog (German Shepherd) and I plan on towing a trailer. I actually would have gotten a 2-door if it weren't for the need of space and towing. I'm 62 BTW.

Cincykyle1020

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
26. Four door because itā€™ll be easier when we have kids.

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
So Iā€™m kind of curious, Iā€™ve been reading this forum for, I donā€™t know, two or three months, and Iā€™m really surprised there isnā€™t more 2-Door purchasers.
so Iā€™m just wondering what AGE is of most people buying a
2 door and a 4 -door,
because I think itā€™s a generational thing now.

When I was a kid you were your father or grandfather if you were driving a four-door. same with my dad! Of course I grew up in a HotRod Family (30ā€™-50ā€™s Cars)
So I was always told that 2 doors is what you want.

Maybe I was brainwashed, or a product of my time, but I always thought the 2 Doors look way better than 4 doors
(as far as proportions and everything)
and all those extra posts and windows!
Especially the vehicle like a Bronco because of the short wheelbase. You have to jack up a four-door way higher in order to have the same clearance.

biggest thing for me is I have the mindset of

2-door Means Freedom
4-Door means Baggage

Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m glad that young folks nowadays wanna include their family on a lot of stuff, but I still think Guys need to have their OWN freedom sometimes, and ā€œGirlsā€Too I guess!!!

So mostly this is just out of curiosity

Iā€™m 52 and I love2doors
What did tou order and how old are you?
Thanks Rick

When Bronco was announced, I was mad they even offered a 4-door. Blasphemy, I said. I ordered a 2-door.

I saw the 4-door as pandering to dilettantes.

After nearly a year of looking daily at Bronco pics, the proportions of the 4-door Bronco grew on me. My kids are teens, so I donā€™t ā€œneedā€ four doors to access child seats. But I remembered through the nostalgic fog how everyone in high school bitched about climbing into and out of the back seat of my Bronco. I also like to easily access the back seat myself. I put my work bag back there.

The truth is, back then, I always said there should be a 4-door Bronco and a 4-door Jeep. Ford instead did the Expedition and Explorer, neither of which looked very cool. The 4-door Wrangler looks crappy to me. But the 4-door Bronco is COOL. Looks like a Bronco and Scout merged. I also remember that back then I wished Broncos had a soft top that was easy and secure (not a leaky top with metal snaps).

So when Ford said soft tops could be built sooner, I easily changed to 4-door. And now, I see pics of the 2-doors and they look a little stubby to me. The length of the body from the door to the grill is longer than the length from the door to the rear end. Still cool, but I like the stance of the 4-door now.

Iā€™d still be completely happy with the 2-door, though.
I told my dealer I wanted a base model, stick shift, bare metal floors and roll up windows. He looked at me like I had two heads. Canā€™t get em that way no more! My 2 door base, race red is being built Jan 3, 2022 (hopefully) Iā€™ll be powder coating the rims white and painting the grill white and bronco letters red aka the 66 model old school look.

Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm officially a geezer. Stopped worrying about coolness and image years ago. We need a four door so when it's our turn to drive other geezers to a restaurant, they can get in and out reasonably easy. Besides, I got my automotive keep till I die toy awhile back and promised Mrs Contented her choice for the next car. She picked a Cactus Gray Outer Banks 4 dr for her mall crawler. I was responsible for the details.

BluBronco

First Edition
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'76 Bronco, '86 Bronco, '08 R6, '21 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I will be 31 next month, My dad brought me home from the hospital after being born in a 86 bronco and grew up with a 76 in the drive way and now the garage. We have been waiting for a new model since they canceled in 1996.

C-MAC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-350, 1976 F-250, 1971,74,79 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m 46 and we are a family of 3. I picked the 2 Door for itā€™s maneuverability and looks. This will be a pure recreational purchase (when it arrives).

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Black_OBX_in_LA

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will be 31 next month, My dad brought me home from the hospital after being born in a 86 bronco and grew up with a 76 in the drive way and now the garage. We have been waiting for a new model since they canceled in 1996.
Just welcomed our second son two weeks ago and brought him home from the hospital in the new Bronco!

RiskyB

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

47 and ordered 4 door WT. We travel a lot, sons are grown and we have grandkids.
Need the extra space to get the grands outside, experiencing life instead of being phone zombies.

Bscholl8

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

34. Reason 2 kids(5 and 2) and a wife. More room than my 3 door hatchback. My 5 yr old son loves the Bronco and now has a passion for them. He tries to spot them but only says ā€œoh another Jeepā€. I have seen one other real Bronco since I took delivery on November 1st. Here is my Bronco!
B839C284-FFE0-43F8-A538-0DD64CB62A5B.jpeg
F62488E7-ECCD-4724-811E-103A53B4EED9.jpeg
AB8F4733-76D9-4A79-B22E-04B2A0C8946C.jpeg

MontanaMountainMan

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
37, 4 door WT. FiancƩe, planning for kids, have a german shepherd, probably getting a second. Daily driver, some overlanding, hunting and some off-roading fun. Planning on having it as a base for modding/equipping as a bug out vehicle.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

29, DINK, dog, 4 doors of freedom

plus my other vehicle is a Focus RS so I definitely donā€™t need the Bronco to feel young šŸ˜…
Sponsored