Age and Reason for 2door and 4door buyers

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After owning a 4dr Bronco for three months and putting nearly 3k miles on it, I can honestly say that owning a 2dr in that time would have been a frustrating experience with the space/seating/entry constraints. If I had caved into the pressure of getting a 2dr because it's "cool" I'd probably be looking to sell it now, take my financial gain, and get something else that suits my needs.
I'm around 50, married with two young adult kids living at home.
Sponsored

FLGal

Base
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ordered a 2 door. 56, married, kid grown and gone. Don’t need 4 doors and don’t really want to pay for them either

MP85

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

36 and 2 door mainly because it looks so badass. I am a bit worried about cargo space, but rear seat delete will fix the issue. I don't plan on towing any passengers.

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
36 and 2 door mainly because it looks so badass. I am a bit worried about cargo space, but rear seat delete will fix the issue. I don't plan on towing any passengers.
55+4DR, practical and looks awesome... also like the versatility of the 4 DR

Quinlans Rig

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
29, 4DR; I have an american akita and an electric bike I plan on throwing in the cargo unless I get a rack down the road.

Reactions: Axe

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It would be nice if someone would gather this info and put together some statistics about who's getting what. I'm thinking some kind of Bell Curve maybe.

CM53119

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Mustang GT Vert, '19 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Initially was going to do a 2 door just for the ease of ordering. This being said, I changed to a 4-door Badlands 7 speed. I am 28 and am a homeowner so i wanted something with more space for projects, etc. My parents always have a truck available incase i need it, so will be trading in the 19 F150 on it.

Also plan to have a family at some point and multiple dogs, which a 4 door would be very helpful for. Main reason for me is that alone, plus i think with the longer wheelbase it may ride slightly better over harsh pavement, and being a novice off-roader, I dont necessarily think i need the most capable. My father ordered a 2 door sasquatch manual as its just him, stepmom and the dogs.

cvpd01

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Sport Trac, 2019 Mustang, 2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kennedy was President when I was born. Had my fill of go fast 2dr cars most of my life, including my current Mustang. Now have a blended family with 3 kids still at home. We ordered 4 dr. BD because I want to get my kids off their asses and phones to enjoy being outdoors. I do agree the 2 drs look better to me, but just to hard getting a family in and out of.

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

52 in a few days. Ordered a 2 dr originally, but changed to a 4 dr in hopes of getting a Bronco sooner. ( It worked and I will hopefully get into my Bronco before Christmas.) I have driven both off-road and didn't really notice anything to be concerned about with the 4 dr. I love the size and look of the 2 dr, but I needed a new vehicle asap and decided the compromise was worth it. Plus, I really wanted the soft top after seeing the unfinished look of the MIC tops on the inside. I really wish they had put white or gray gel-kote on the inside of the tops.

Sponsored

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
29, 2Dr. I prefer the looks and shorter wheelbase. Plus, I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve had passengers in the back of my vehicles.

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

42 with a 4 door to haul my brothers kids around...

bbtcards.jpg

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

36, 4 door. multiple reasons. kids, have space for groceries, camping stuff, ski stuff, anything without worries. need to go get some lumber, sure, i can get it without having it stick feet out the window.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am 27, got the 4 Door for the overland/everyday utility. I love the look of both. I actually hate the look of the JL/JK two door, looks like a powerwheels but the Bronco nailed it, at least in stock form.

I eventually plan to have a functional long travel lift with at least 37's on it. That will look perfect on the 4Door, where the 2 Door starts looking like an RC car lol.

Also the idea that 2 Doors are better at everything off-road is false, they are clearly better at many important things, namely breakover and turning radius. But a long wheel base will get you up a steeper grade and have better high speed stability. As for articulation it goes both ways, shorter wheelbase achieves a higher "score" for the same ramp travel, but the longer wheel base makes it further up the ramp. The practical utility of either is going to be situation dependent assuming the wheel travel is the same.

OP
OP
71to21-2DR

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

47, wife, no kids, 2 dogs and have A4, Camry and STi which are all 4 doors and humans hardly ever use the back seats in any of them. Going with 2 door Basemansquatch!
51 and 2 dr. Been driving a F150 for 11 years and just want something smaller. Married, two teenage sons and two dogs. If we all need to go somewhere we will have the F150 or the Honda Pilot. The Bronco will be my daily, fun vehicle that will hopefully carry me to retirement in 9 years.
me too!
5.5 years!!
Sponsored