Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
My alarm keeps going off every 15 or 20 min this afternoon. This has not happened before. Checking my fordpass it says the hood attempted to open triggering the alarm. I opened the hood and Gabe it a good slam shut and it is still happening.

Any ideas my neighbors gonna hate me tonight....
Sponsored

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My alarm keeps going off every 15 or 20 min this afternoon. This has not happened before. Checking my fordpass it says the hood attempted to open triggering the alarm. I opened the hood and Gabe it a good slam shut and it is still happening.

Mine doing it too. Mine is random and not as often. Will let dealer know when I take it in.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
It happened to me today. Bronco had been sitting a few hours when I got the notification that the alarm was going off (didn’t say why). Checked the security camera and nothing/nobody was around it.

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah it’s been discussed on the site. Mine does it randomly, fortunately hasn’t happened at night yet. I dropped mine off for the transmission noise and the hood alarm and to my surprise instead of adjusting the sensor on the latch they ordered a whole new latch. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same issue. Seems to be common. My dealership is ordering a new hood latch assembly.

OP
OP
Ixr

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same issue. Seems to be common. My dealership is ordering a new hood latch assembly.
Yes my dealer ordered a hood latch for me as well, no surprise it's on backorder.

They were able to disable the sensor for me though so the alarm will stop going off every 20 minutes.

MikeC10

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just picked up my 2023 Wildtrak last Wednesday and now the hood latch goes off once or twice when I get home after an hour or so later. I've adjusted the hood height adjusters but I still get the hood alarm once in a while.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes my dealer ordered a hood latch for me as well, no surprise it's on backorder.

They were able to disable the sensor for me though so the alarm will stop going off every 20 minutes.
Do you know how they disabled it?

OP
OP
Ixr

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you know how they disabled it?
Looked like they unplugged it and just put a wire nut on it and tapped it up.

Reactions: 0ne

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looked like they unplugged it and just put a wire nut on it and tapped it up.
Like a jumper wire to complete the circuit without including the hood latch connection?

OP
OP
Ixr

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like a jumper wire to complete the circuit without including the hood latch connection?
Yes almost positive that is what they did. I didn't check but saw the wires tapped together. All I know is my alarm has not gone off since, so I'm happy with what ever they did.

They had to warn me the car wouldn't tell me if the hood was open....which we had a good laugh about.

Reactions: 0ne

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes almost positive that is what they did. I didn't check but saw the wires tapped together. All I know is my alarm has not gone off since, so I'm happy with what ever they did.

They had to warn me the car wouldn't tell me if the hood was open....which we had a good laugh about.
This was in another thread:
You have to take the full front end apart (grille, headlights, flares, lower trim piece and rad shroud) look up YouTube it’s very easy to do and takes at most 10 mins.

After that plug is accessible and I just used a small wire, soldered both ends and put them in the plug. Electrical taped both open plug ends and zip tied them together.

would like to try and find the actual plug ends and jump it with that but for now this will do. Hoping Ford just comes out with a OTA update to fix it.

E08688AC-D45D-40D8-8764-133F15346B61.jpeg
78755259-8D98-49EB-9C0A-8808E6440B73.jpeg
19ADBB8C-09AB-4CEB-BD51-2DC7FDCC3988.jpeg

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As @0ne showed above, I took mine apart this weekend and jumped the OEM side of the harness. Purchased mine 2/17 (i think) and drove 13 hours home and no issues. Next day took it to the car wash to get all of the MI salt off and within 5 mins of parking in the driveway it went off for hood ajar. In a week it went off a total of 3 times for same issue while sitting in the driveway. Not a daily so parked it in the garage to avoid it going off in the middle of the night. For 2 weeks didn't go off once while inside.

Took it out this past Saturday on a windy day and parked it in the parking lot of Drive Shack and went inside. Again, went off within 5 mins and had to leave it unlocked the rest of the day to avoid it going off. I think its not the hood latches themselves but the sensitivity of the alarm for the hood is way to high.

I'll leave mine jumped until an actual fix is found, either by a forum member or Ford.

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Dealer is replacing my hood latch under warranty. Backorder for the latch though.
Sponsored