Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anderson is using the exact OEM molds and seals. As loud as mine is I would stay away and give someone else’s design a try.
I messaged them the other day, and they told me they have "one year experience" building hard tops. That's pretty much exactly the same as Ford... :rolleyes:

I'm going with the ADV hard top. I think it looks better and they have 25+ years experience in this stuff. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sonny

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check your facts prior to dissing a small independent company. Picking mine from up from ADV in mid December.
Believe it when I see it.

OP
OP
Sonny

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I messaged them the other day, and they told me they have "one year experience" building hard tops. That's pretty much exactly the same as Ford... :rolleyes:

I'm going with the ADV hard top. I think it looks better and they have 25+ years experience in this stuff. I'm cautiously optimistic.
From what I’ve read, ADV didn’t even have the equipment to make hard tops until a couple months ago. Seems unlikely they’ve got any more experience than the others. Fenders maybe.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m definitely interested in taking a chance on the Anderson or ADV hard tops although I’d like to see a few more high resolution photos or talk to someone who’s laid eyes on them. I’m not impressed with the quality of the dozen or so Ford MIC tops I’ve seen in person so there is a decent chance the aftermarket will provide something better.

My build date for my OBX/Mic/Sasquatch/2.7/Lux is 11/22 so these Anderson tops might be available by the time my Bronco shows up. No doubt I could sell my MIC top for $6k or more.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

is this really the 'mod' top that is only available for the heritage trims?
Not that I know of, the mod top is smooth and painted, should be produced by Webasto unless it changed.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m definitely interested in taking a chance on the Anderson or ADV hard tops although I’d like to see a few more high resolution photos or talk to someone who’s laid eyes on them. I’m not impressed with the quality of the dozen or so Ford MIC tops I’ve seen in person so there is a decent chance the aftermarket will provide something better.

My build date for my OBX/Mic/Sasquatch/2.7/Lux is 11/22 so these Anderson tops might be available by the time my Bronco shows up. No doubt I could sell my MIC top for $6k or more.
Why would somebody buy an MIC for $6k when the aftermarket options look to be of better quality and at the same price? Possibly much better quality. But, we will know for sure once we see them and compare. I have a feeling MICs will fetch maybe $3k-$4k once the aftermarket options are around and found to be of better quality. I’m interested in a hardtop and would buy ADV modular top right now if I had to choose based on them being the same cost and the little we know on how quality compares. It has a better design style than the MIC and probably less leaks and squeaks due to it having less panels than MIC.

OP
OP
Sonny

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would somebody buy an MIC for $6k when the aftermarket options look to be of better quality and at the same price? Possibly much better quality. But, we will know for sure once we see them and compare. I have a feeling MICs will fetch maybe $3k-$4k once the aftermarket options are around and found to be of better quality. I’m interested in a hardtop and would buy ADV modular top right now if I had to choose based on them being the same cost and the little we know on how quality compares. It has a better design style than the MIC and probably less leaks and squeaks due to it having less panels than MIC.
It's hard to make that claim when not a single aftermarket top actually exists beyond a pre-production prototype, and based on what's been posted this week, ADV looked like hot garbage in some of the photos... worse than MIC 1.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can buy an Eruption green 4 dr ST right now for MSRP. But can’t bring myself to pay 6k for another top.

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's hard to make that claim when not a single aftermarket top actually exists beyond a pre-production prototype, and based on what's been posted this week, ADV looked like hot garbage in some of the photos... worse than MIC 1.
I will reserve my opinions on fit and finish to the production models and putting them up against production MICs

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

A lot of Bronco owners are not super knowledgeable or even active on Bronco6g. There are plenty of them than settled for a soft top to get their Bronco sooner and would be happy to pay $6k for a MIC top. My buddy in CA just sold his for $7,250 a couple weeks ago and his had 18k miles on it.

So far there are no options for aftermarket hard tops and my guess is they will be in tight supply at $6-8k for quite some time.

A fool and his money are soon parted. :)

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know when Anderson Composites will start shipping any of their tops? I’ve seen plenty of activity and updates with the Advanced top, just curious when people will start to get their hands on the AC tops.

Busyhands

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know when Anderson Composites will start shipping any of their tops? I’ve seen plenty of activity and updates with the Advanced top, just curious when people will start to get their hands on the AC tops.
They have apparently shipped 20 of them but would love to see what they look like installed...