First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just dropped my Bronco off at Auto Addicts to have it installed, but I installed one of the front pieces to get an idea of how it looks.
There was a quality issue with the white paint around the side rear windows. Apparently this is an issue Anderson is aware of and I’m going to need to take it to an auto body shop to have it corrected, but otherwise it looks great. Quality is so much better than MIC.

IMG_3693.jpeg
Looks sharp!
Sponsored

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I guess to me it just doesnt look that amazing.

In the new piece, the front looks like it sits about 1/8" higher than the middle. Is that just the angle, or is it really higher?

You mentioned the paint issue - Is anderson footing the bill for that? Someone else said yes, but I havent seen where you said that they agreed to pay for it... just that it was easily fixable.

I didnt have any popsor rattles on my MIC-2. are you replacing a MIC or a soft top?

Last edited:

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t get the allure for any of the aftermarket hardtops on the market at the moment, all look nearly identical to MIC in form. Then to spend the money for a modest improvement over stock and just end up trading one kinda janky for another kinda janky, it’s unfortunate

amjump

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t get the allure for any of the aftermarket hardtops on the market at the moment, all look nearly identical to MIC in form. Then to spend the money for a modest improvement over stock and just end up trading one kinda janky for another kinda janky, it’s unfortunate
Agreed- I would be interested in an after market top 5 years from now once the prices stabilize and they work out the kinks. Seems like a very expensive gamble for little reward, but I guess I haven’t had any issues with my hard top so that’s a factor too.

Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed- I would be interested in an after market top 5 years from now once the prices stabilize and they work out the kinks. Seems like a very expensive gamble for little reward, but I guess I haven’t had any issues with my hard top so that’s a factor too.
Yeah, for the price of these tops, this is an area I would not be an "early adopter" unless I only had a soft top and needed a hard top.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The AC top is really nice and the hardware/liner is an upgrade over the crappy OEM one. I am sure it will improve over time, I know once mine goes south out of warranty, I am going AC, so couple years should work out. I didn't realize AC was offering white painted tops, but maybe not go that route and have it painted at a real paint shop.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, for the price of these tops, this is an area I would not be an "early adopter" unless I only had a soft top and needed a hard top.
That’s where most people are.

some have poor quality MICs so they are interested as well. I think most have softies though

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The AC top is really nice and the hardware/liner is an upgrade over the crappy OEM one. I am sure it will improve over time, I know once mine goes south out of warranty, I am going AC, so couple years should work out. I didn't realize AC was offering white painted tops, but maybe not go that route and have it painted at a real paint shop.
They offer white and black textured. But I believe they can offer it primered upon request. I went the primer route

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just dropped my Bronco off at Auto Addicts to have it installed, but I installed one of the front pieces to get an idea of how it looks.

There was a quality issue with the white paint around the side rear windows. Apparently this is an issue Anderson is aware of and I’m going to need to take it to an auto body shop to have it corrected, but otherwise it looks great. Quality is so much better than MIC.

IMG_3693.jpeg

Here's the photos of the top still in it's packaging at Auto Addicts. In the last pic, you can see the issue around the side windows. Basically they did some taping and painting and whoever did it at Anderson just didn't do a great job of this detail oriented work. Which, at this price, is an inexcusable error. But luckily we came to terms so that I can have it fixed by a body shop on my own time without being out of pocket.

123_1-2-jpeg.jpg

123_1-3-jpeg.jpg

123_1-4-jpeg.jpg

123_1-5-jpeg.jpg

123_1-jpeg.jpg

Installation complete

123_1-jpeg.jpg

123_1-jpeg.jpg
I'll look forward to the road wind and ambient noise report and also, its removal ease in general use.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Armadillo Aluminum Top on order, and their top is the only one out there made that way. I receive constant updates on the top, and I do believe it will be one of the better tops once released.

I am scheduled to receive my top next month.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to hijack the thread, but why don’t people paint the existing MIC top? (Assuming they have hardtop- I have a 2 door, so that’s a given)
I went the wrap route. 1 year in, all is well. I was considering paint or Line-X, but the Line-X quote I got was atrocious, and with either, I had concerns that if I had an issue with the top, I'd get denied a warranty claim since it was modified. The wrap looks like paint and carries the light texture of the top, so I'm happy with it.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You mentioned the paint issue - Is anderson flipping the bill for that?
Hopefully, they are footing the bill, and not flipping it. 😉😁

6inthefamily

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for sharing.

Ive been considered selling my 2023 MIC hardtop and ordering one of these since I got the dual top option and I want a painted hardtop. But damn that looks like it was painted with a roller by a 3rd grade art class!

I agree with others, Anderson has to know many are waiting for these and as the saying goes “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.”
Sponsored