Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For most people and myself included, we want potential for more. Sure, tune a 4banger till you make 350hp. What next? Some people are fine with that but in reality thats pretty weak HP in modern times. Add some 37s, trail gear and 350hp doesn't seem so hot anymore. However, put in a bigger motor from factory that you can eventually get 500 or 600hp with mods. Also because I like a healthy sounding vehicle, this isn't a prius...
JK owners maxed out at 300 crank hp with a tune are punching the air right now.
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, it still is not clear for Figure A, is it new technology CGI or old technology Cast Iron?
Any ford engine that’s iron is CGI not cast.

gotta hold on that 2500 cylinder PSI.
Easily hold 500hp+

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The good news for Ford is that lottsa folks are eagerly anticipating Bronco. But that's also the bad news 'cause its easier to piss off folks today, than at any time in human history. Ford really has to thread the needle on this one.

The opposite might be true for Bronco "Sport"...because judging by their forum traffic, either no one is even aware...or they just don't give a rip.
It's definitely harder to please everyone these days. I guess I just don't understand the rational behind not putting a good, big bore motor in these as an option. Ford Australia was going to be dropping 5.0 motors in the ranger so we know it will/would have fit.
JK owners maxed out at 300 crank hp with a tune are punching the air right now.
And the lack of power is one of the reasons I do not own one. I always hate ending up behind a wrangler "trying" to get on the interstate, they only have enough time to hit 45mph before they try to merge.... lol I will forever prefer a motor that is big enough to get 6-800hp with supporting mods...

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's definitely harder to please everyone these days. I guess I just don't understand the rational behind not putting a good, big bore motor in these as an option. Ford Australia was going to be dropping 5.0 motors in the ranger so we know it will/would have fit.

And the lack of power is one of the reasons I do not own one. I always hate ending up behind a wrangler "trying" to get on the interstate, they only have enough time to hit 45mph before they try to merge.... lol I will forever prefer a motor that is big enough to get 6-800hp with supporting mods...
v8 ranger AU. Was going to be limited production and likely very very expensive possibly HUGE FENDERS

but agree. Did you see the TFL video of them trying to chase down the F-150 with the wrangler? It wasn’t pretty haha.

Sponsored

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

v8 ranger AU. Was going to be limited production and likely very very expensive possibly HUGE FENDERS

but agree. Did you see the TFL video of them trying to chase down the F-150 with the wrangler? It wasn’t pretty haha.
It was definitely comical, I have a feeling the next generation wranglers will up the game significantly. The truth is I'll still buy a new bronco with a not ideal motor (2.7) because I can still modify that motor to a decent HP. I would always have preferred a bigger motor. The only thing that actually annoys me about the 2.3l is the people who get trying to convince everyone that it should be the only motor because its the "perfect combination", and because "it already beats the wrangler". That's fine for those who prefer "good enough", I've never been that guy. I strive for excellence. -BOR

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes - where is that published?
The diagram was posted on blueoval and the specs were from Ford.com on the tech Spec sheets.

ford did this because the iron is 4x more dense than aluminum but the rest of the block is aluminum to cut weight.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The diagram was posted on blueoval and the specs were from Ford.com on the tech Spec sheets.
I and someone else have both referenced Ford's Tech Spec sheets that call the Explorer 3.0 "Cast Aluminum." I haven't seen any documentation straight from Ford stating that the Explorer 3.0 is CGI.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's unfortunate that it's coming from a dealer and not straight from Ford, but it looks too professional for the dealer to have made it themselves. So the all-aluminum 3.0 that everyone's talking about looks more and more like just a myth!

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's unfortunate that it's coming from a dealer and not straight from Ford, but it looks too professional for the dealer to have made it themselves. So the all-aluminum 3.0 that everyone's talking about looks more and more like just a myth!
it’s a document ford sent to dealers. For whatever reason the 2020 Explorer spec sheet isn’t available from ford.com “access denied” but I can get every other 2020 ford. And every other explorer from like 2013-2019.

but yes the “aluminum 3.0” doesn’t exist. People may think that because the entire exterior is aluminum. But the inner core is CGI. It’s new technology.