Sponsored

Any consensus on which tailgate reinforcement has performed best?

SavvyG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the input! We will be making a Jerry Can mount for the tire carrier. It should be released in the next couple of months along with Jack Mount, Rotopax mount etc etc. If you have any other questions please let me know!
@Turn Offroad , I am about to order your tailgate reinforcement and wanted to know if you had an ETA on the Rotopax mount? I didn't see it on your website yet. Thanks

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went with the Expedition One Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier on my 2-Door with 37s. No weight at all on the tailgate and both swing out as one.
IMG_0882.jpg
https://www.expeditiononestore.com/...-Single-Swing-Tire-Carrier-System_p_2262.html

This is definitely the way I’m going once I can ju$tify it since I have the plastic rear bumper, the design is very simple and similar to factory and it’s ultimately the best option to carry the weight. The company currently has a long lead time, a third brake light mount is in development and backup spotlight holes are currently standard which I don’t want.

Sponsored

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.expeditiononestore.com/...-Single-Swing-Tire-Carrier-System_p_2262.html

This is definitely the way I’m going once I can ju$tify it since I have the plastic rear bumper, the design is very simple and similar to factory and it’s ultimately the best option to carry the weight. The company currently has a long lead time, a third brake light mount is in development and backup spotlight holes are currently standard which I don’t want.
Lead time was very long for me too. I ordered the bumper last year. They also finally sent me a Brake Light Adaptor which uses the original Brake light. So, that should be available now too. The Powder Coat on the Bumper and Swing Arm is one of the Best I have ever seen. I hope they keep the quality up.

Overall I am very happy with the result.

• Love
Reactions: 0ne

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lead time was very long for me too. I ordered the bumper last year. They also finally sent me a Brake Light Adaptor which uses the original Brake light. So, that should be available now too. The Powder Coat on the Bumper and Swing Arm is one of the Best I have ever seen. I hope they keep the quality up.

Overall I am very happy with the result.
Awesome to hear, thank you for your reply. Could you please take a picture of or describe what happens to the factory gate mount area? There’s only one kinda dark and inconclusive picture on the website. Looks like a version of a spare mount delete and perhaps some sort of connection mechanism to the spare rack? Thanks!

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome to hear, thank you for your reply. Could you please take a picture of or describe what happens to the factory gate mount area? There’s only one kinda dark and inconclusive picture on the website. Looks like a version of a spare mount delete and perhaps some sort of connection mechanism to the spare rack? Thanks!
A small pivoting arm with bushings on each end connects the Tailgate Brace to the Swing Arm. Both Tailgate and Swing Arm open as one unit.

• Love
Reactions: 0ne

Turbo yzel

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just installed my @turnoffroad spare tire support brace
it works great on my factory rims and 40’s on stock bumper
Only issue is the Braptor lights hitting tire before bump stop cuz the lights stick out so much further

IMG_2062.png

IMG_2063.jpeg

IMG_2064.jpeg

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just installed my @turnoffroad spare tire support brace
it works great on my factory rims and 40’s on stock bumper
Only issue is the Braptor lights hitting tire before bump stop cuz the lights stick out so much further

Ford Bronco Any consensus on which tailgate reinforcement has performed best? IMG_2064

Ford Bronco Any consensus on which tailgate reinforcement has performed best? IMG_2064

Dunno if you have one already but some tailgate limiters are available to address just that. Here's one from M2M.

I've got a Hammerbuilt reinforcement waiting to be installed. If I ever go harder with it I may consider the TOR option. Seems super solid.

Sponsored

Turbo yzel

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Turn knows about it and I have sent them measurements from mine

they have a solution coming soon
I’d image it’s the same style limiter they have
Just bigger for the raptor lights

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When choosing mine, had to have the following:

Full hinge replacement
- I wouldn't even consider one without the hinge replacement

No plastic, wanted full steel

Adjustability for different tire sizes both height and for different offset wheels meaning adjustability for depth

needed to have a license plate relocation available as well with all of the above

Went with the Turn Offroad reinforced hinge and carrier. If I could do it all over, still would make the same choice. I got all I wanted listed above and no more squeaky water bottle noise as well.

Ford Bronco Any consensus on which tailgate reinforcement has performed best? 20231117_091021

Last edited:

Turbo yzel

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Turn also has these nice brackets to support the 3rd brake light
Even fits my 40’s on the smallest setting

this would help those with tire rack storage I’m sure as well
Great products in my opinion 👍

Ford Bronco Any consensus on which tailgate reinforcement has performed best? IMG_2446

Ford Bronco Any consensus on which tailgate reinforcement has performed best? IMG_2447

IMG_2466.jpeg

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Are these US Made?
Not currently but a part of Turn Offroad's mission statement is to bring all of our manufacturing in house here in the USA.

As we grow and expand we are slowly beginning to bring production back to the US.
If you have any other questions please let us know!
Sponsored